ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2251 of 3903
« First < 1251175121512201224122472248224922502251 225222532254225522612301235127513251 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 12:55 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
I mean, look... I can shout all day that the sky is green but I'd be wrong. argue with emotion all day long but the facts... the basic freaking facts... like how a lysosome does its job in the cell (any of you people who think this is a hoax remember high school science and learning about cells?!?) are correct and true regardless of what you want to believe.

by the way, go ahead and challenge me on some basic science, that'd be fun. I only have a peer reviewed article on a lysosomal storage disease caused by a genetic mutation. weird flex, I know, but... for crying out loud, it feels like nobody paid attention to high school science.
If I had a hotter female teacher I think it might have helped.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:56 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Because we live in an age where people want to believe what makes them feel good and anything that challenges that isn't for studying it's for denying.
The other part is that you have to be right 100% of the time and they have to be right once. It's kind of like terrorism in that sense.

The CDC and the WHO issue misguided statements about wearing masks to prevent hoarding (which should not have been done), and then everything from every scientific expert is automatically bunk.

Meanwhile, they can post Plandemic videos, conspiracies about 5G towers, promote UV light treatment inside the body when it can't even reach viral reservoirs, and attribute test tube studies on non-human cells as definitive prove of clinical efficacy in vivo. Every single claim is flatly wrong and easily debunked, but it doesn't matter, because the scientists are the only ones held to standards.

"Rules for thee, not for me."
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:57 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I dunno I was at Nebraska furniture mart the other day and I saw quite a few fat white dudes with goatees not wearing masks...
Wear one yourself or leave if you feel your health is being threatened.

I know I can't control what others do, so I'll take the necessary measures to protect myself.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:58 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:

I know I can't control what others do, so I'll take the necessary measures to protect myself.
This
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:58 PM 05-27-2020
science has one agenda. facts. if you don't like facts, that's ok. but please don't just throw science out the window because you don't like the conclusions it leads us to.
Excellent post.

It's pretty easy to identify those in this thread who are familiar with scientific method, and those that are not, and it's not worth anyone's time to argue with the latter.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:58 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What specific terms? If your argument is that since you've seen some non-Americans not wearing masks no American should, we'll just agree to disagree.
"You don't care about your fellow Americans" or "do it for your country" or other similar garbage.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:59 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Debunked by who?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...ade-them-stop/

Florida's reporting has been a shitshow at best, and purposefully deceiving at worst.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...ng-some-cases/

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...00-coronavirus

https://cbs12.com/news/local/woman-w...m-her-position
Correct. The Florida DoH has been inconsistent on whether they are providing postmortem testing on people who were already dead. Without a confirmed postmortem diagnosis of Covid19, they likely won't code it that way.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.flo...amp/5147971002
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:00 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The other part is that you have to be right 100% of the time and they have to be right once. It's kind of like terrorism in that sense.

The CDC and the WHO issue misguided statements about wearing masks to prevent hoarding (which should not have been done), and then everything from every scientific expert is automatically bunk.

Meanwhile, they can post Plandemic videos, conspiracies about 5G towers, promote UV light treatment inside the body when it can't even reach viral reservoirs, and attribute test tube studies on non-human cells as definitive prove of clinical efficacy in vivo. Every single claim is flatly wrong and easily debunked, but it doesn't matter, because the scientists are the only ones held to standards.

"Rules for thee, not for me."
The WHO has bigger issues than masks. Just saying.... They are shills for China
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:00 PM 05-27-2020

I've been wearing a mask outside the home for nearly 3 months and I have to say, I don't even notice when it's on, whether I'm shopping, walking, jogging or cycling.

Much ado about nothing.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 01:00 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If I had a hotter female teacher I think it might have helped.
lol I kinda had one as a freshman (physical science) but sophomore on... not so much.

there was a really cute chinese young lady that was a physics grad assistant for my physics 1 class in undergrad... xian xian? (pronounced chen chen)... I was in the last legs of a relationship and I'm not afraid to admit that I'd have torn the bottom out of that one.
[Reply]
Donger 01:01 PM 05-27-2020
"You don't care about your fellow Americans" or "do it for your country" or other similar garbage.
BR has made it very clear that he doesn't care.

I'd like to think that most Americans would take simple measures to protect their fellow citizens, yes. But this has completely destroyed that. We have some incredibly selfish people in this country.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:02 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I've been wearing a mask outside the home for nearly 3 months and I have to say, I don't even notice when it's on, whether I'm shopping, walking, jogging or cycling.

Much ado about nothing.
I have literally slept with an N95 on while getting an infusion. If you get enough Benadryl, you can do almost anything (don't take it if you're over 65 though, it can make you delirious).
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:04 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
BR has made it very clear that he doesn't care.

I'd like to think that most Americans would take simple measures to protect their fellow citizens, yes. But this has completely destroyed that. We have some incredibly selfish people in this country.
You're right I do not care, and your virtue signalling that you care doesn't change the fact you don't.

I never said I don't do the above, I've worn masks since this whole thing started. But considering I'm doing it to GO ALONG with what you hysterical people are doing as opposed to some NOBLE ACT means I dont really fucking care.

.4 Best Estimate right now, will probably drop even lower. But considering you dont seem to care about the people committing suicide at a break neck pace, means your trash.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:04 PM 05-27-2020
I know, but... for crying out loud, it feels like nobody paid attention to high school science.
I took Chemistry I & II in high school along with Physics and both were year long courses.

I didn't pursue a university degree in science but I did ace Physics and Chemistry my Freshman year in college.

I've always loved science but my path took me elsewhere.
[Reply]
TLO 01:06 PM 05-27-2020
Death toll looks to be a bit higher on Worldomoters today. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2251 of 3903
« First < 1251175121512201224122472248224922502251 225222532254225522612301235127513251 > Last »
Up