ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 32
« First < 182425262728 29303132 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Daniel Jeremiah: Many expect Chiefs to trade up for a CB
Shag 02:54 PM 04-16-2018
Not real surprising, but from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...oking-to-trade

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs are a candidate to trade up for a CB: The Chiefs don't own a first-round pick in this year's draft (they dealt that pick away in the Patrick Mahomes trade last year), but I won't be surprised if they move up from where they're picking in the second round (No. 54 overall). They have a glaring need at cornerback and the top cover men will be long gone by the time they are on the clock if they stay put at No. 54. They need to get into the range of picks 35-40 in order to secure a Day One starter at that position, and many around the league expect them to make that happen.

[Reply]
Rausch 11:35 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I said it before - I'll say it again - don't underestimate the additions of Fuller and Hitchens - Even factoring in MPs departure.
I think they're very significant.

I don't think they're enough by themselves though.

I think as we are right now our defense will be better than last year. That said "better than last year" is not the same as good...
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:20 AM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I think they're very significant.

I don't think they're enough by themselves though.

I think as we are right now our defense will be better than last year. That said "better than last year" is not the same as good...
I personnally think the defense is not far a way from being a good unit, possibly a top 10 unit.

I really like the LB corps.

You just draft a top CB and a decent DL and safety (or FA in this case) and I think you have the making of a top 15 defense, potentially top 10.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:25 AM 04-25-2018
I said it before - I'll say it again - don't underestimate the additions of Fuller and Hitchens - Even factoring in MPs departure.
Fuller is basically replacing Peters.

For me, it is a combination of adding Hitchens plus ascending players like Jones, Ragland, Kpassagnon and possibly Ford that make me feel good about the defense and the fact that Veach got rid of players on the decline.

Xavier Williams is a unknown but surely he can't be worse than Logan last year who was not bad but really nothing special.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:36 AM 04-25-2018
what's the consensus around CP? Are most wanting to trade up, no, yes...? Stay where we are?

I'm not sure how I feel (the more I think about it) I think I'm leaning toward staying where we are.

Guys lets be sure we're in Chat on Thurs night, if you can. It'd be nice to see you all there.
Depends on how the board falls and this will determine what Veach will do.

Veach has his targeted guys for sure. He may trade up, stay put or even trade down a few spots to acquire more picks because the value and quality is not where he wants it to be at 54 and because the draft's sweet spot is between 75-150 it only makes sense to acquire more picks to build the roster especially if a King's ransom of picks is offered.

Veach has several plans/teams targeted in place for however the board falls as he should.:-):-)
[Reply]
Chargem 02:23 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Depends on how the board falls and this will determine what Veach will do.

Veach has his targeted guys for sure. He may trade up, stay put or even trade down a few spots to acquire more picks because the value and quality is not where he wants it to be at 54 and because the draft's sweet spot is between 75-150 it only makes sense to acquire more picks to build the roster especially if a King's ransom of picks is offered.

Veach has several plans/teams targeted in place for however the board falls as he should.:-):-)
There was a 2 hour Chiefs draft podcast someone posted in Saccopoo and it mentioned trading down from 54 with Houston for the 68th and 98th picks. That could be great in my opinion.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:59 PM 04-25-2018
I mean...we've got 2 new corners, an all-pro safety that missed all season returning, one new excellent ILB to pair with an ascending young ILB, a new NT. That's already a lot of turnover. If they suck, it should at least be a different flavor of suck at least.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:47 AM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
He was only promoted after the draft and he had very little he could do to improve the team his way. All that left him with was a preseason of FA's, some trades during the season, and the FA period up to this point.

Veach might be conservative in the draft - we don't know.

What we do know is if he disagreed in how Dorsey was doing things last year he had very few options in how he could make changes. This offseason he's got everything open to him...
Veach has stated he will be aggressive.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:13 PM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Veach has stated he will be aggressive.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk
The aggression is almost too much.
[Reply]
ct 09:51 PM 04-26-2018
still several to move up, and i’m good to sit tight honestly.

davis, oliver, jackson (both of em), reid (safety), yiadom
[Reply]
staylor26 09:52 PM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
The aggression is almost too much.
Yea...for my cock to handle
[Reply]
RunKC 09:55 PM 04-26-2018
Harold Landry. WTF happened with this guy?
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:56 PM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Harold Landry. WTF happened with this guy?
Medicals
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:01 PM 04-26-2018
Trade up. Offer a 3rd and a 7th. Draft Josh Jackson.

Profit, motherfucker.
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 PM 04-26-2018
Jackson more of a zone corner?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:08 PM 04-26-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Jackson more of a zone corner?
What? No, not at all.

Long arms and size. 40 time wasn't the greatest. Just because he's a ballhawk doesn't mean he's an ideal fit in the zone.

He's perfect for KC.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 32
« First < 182425262728 29303132 >
Up