ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 79
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:31 AM 01-06-2019
And yet, MY threads end up in the fucking Romper Room. Pitiful.
[Reply]
milkman 10:33 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Mahomes has actually been LESS aggressive throwing over the defense than I expected him to be.

He's made a killing on those 15-30 yard laser beams though.

I watched the game and Watson was atrocious. Skipping pass after pass in front of open guys. Mahomes hasn't had a game close to that bad yet. I don't see it happening this year.

Where's all that talk about him 'just being a winner' and how he 'always comes through in big games?'
Pierre Desir did a helluva job battling Hopkins for those contested balls that Hopkins almost always wins.

Without those catches, Watkins is shown to be the mediocre passer that he is.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:37 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
It is very cold...in space...

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:42 AM 01-06-2019
On the Texans td drive I think Watson threw the ball to the rb like 6 times.

My favorite part was when he picked up a first down and taunted the colts sideline when they were down 21 points..... And it wasn't even a first down.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:46 AM 01-06-2019

Steve Smith Sr. had a major problem with Deshaun Watson yesterday, beyond his performance itself.#Colts | #Texans pic.twitter.com/fnssJmAmrc

— GMFB (@gmfb) January 6, 2019

[Reply]
notorious 10:49 AM 01-06-2019
Watson reacted the opposite of what I would want if he is my QB.

He should have shown/felt humiliation instead of “ I make less than non-playoff QBs.”

That’s just a flat-out stupid response.
[Reply]
notorious 10:51 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Steve Smith is a badass mofo. Love him on the field, really liking where he’s going with his commentary.

I hope he doesn’t get swallowed into the echo chamber.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:52 AM 01-06-2019
Noticed that too. Bad idea to show off when you are getting blown out.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:18 AM 01-06-2019
He's not wrong
[Reply]
NWTF 11:21 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by milkman:
Pierre Desir did a helluva job battling Hopkins for those contested balls that Hopkins almost always wins.

Without those catches, Watkins is shown to be the mediocre passer that he is.
Yup, he cant throw from the pocket and is pretty inaccurate overall. I was pulling for the Texans to make a game of it, but it was clear by the 4th qtr his only hope is to make plays scrambling or get lucky on a deep jump ball to Hopkins. He doesnt have that middle game of making intermediate passes from the pocket. If he cant figure it out he wont last long.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:25 AM 01-06-2019
Apparently Hopkins played a lot of that game with a sprained shoulder, that would explain him not winning contested balls the way he usually does.
[Reply]
FAX 11:40 AM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
He's not wrong
No, he is not.

I have never fully understood the infatuation with Wishkins. Peeps throughout the NFL world have talked him up like he's a combination of Vick 2.0 and Brees or something.

If he didn't have Hopkins, he'd be lucky to have 6 wins.

That guy survives on prayer-balls.

FAX
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:36 PM 01-06-2019
I think he's a mid-level NFL starter. He's not accurate, he doesn't have much arm strength. He makes up for that by not being particularly adept at reading defenses. He can run. Yay.

And that tweet does not bode well for where his head is at.

Mahomes, Mayfield, Goff, and probably Wentz (although he can't stay on the field) are the class of the new young guns.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:52 PM 01-06-2019
Not that it’s a surprise, but what we saw yesterday was clearly what Andy saw in his private visits with Watson and Mahomes.

Watson can’t read defenses well at all and Andy knew it when he was quizzing him at Arrowhead on his visit. He can’t adjust the blitz protections or read the defense pre-snap to change a play to attack the weak point of the defense.

The disparity between Watson and Mahomes mentally is gigantic. Watson clearly hasn’t learned much in his 2 years in the league and it’s not like he has a defensive coach.

All you have to do is look at Watson and Mahomes pre-snap before every passing down. Watson is making some calls while Mahomes says about 20 words every time as he’s reading the defense.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:54 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Watson reacted the opposite of what I would want if he is my QB.

He should have shown/felt humiliation instead of “ I make less than non-playoff QBs.”

That’s just a flat-out stupid response.
He said that? Wow
[Reply]
Page 43 of 79
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up