ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 301
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:46 PM 05-29-2019
I don't really care who they draft. Wake me when they get called up. Anyone who really thinks they can look at the top 20 or so rated players and know who is going to be a star is full of it. The 1st round is full of busts and there's plenty of All Stars who weren't 1st rounders.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:57 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Go ahead and point out which of the other 29 MLB teams have had runs as good or better than the 2012-2016 Royals in the amount of time Moore has been GM.
3 winning seasons in 13 years!

Back to back 100 loss seasons.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:03 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Two pennants and a championship ring.

But you're right Deberg. It would just be so much better if the Royals were the baseball equivalent of the Carl Peterson era Chiefs were they'd hover around .500 year in and year out with a slew of one and done wild card appearances and quick exists in the divisional round to show for it. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:18 PM 05-29-2019
Two pennants and a championship ring.

But you're right Deberg. It would just be so much better if the Royals were the baseball equivalent of the Carl Peterson era Chiefs were they'd hover around .500 year in and year out with a slew of one and done wild card appearances and quick exists in the divisional round to show for it. :-)
Uh, ask any Mariners fan and I'm sure they'd take Jack Z's time with the M's over GMDM's time with the Royals 11 out of 10 times.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:30 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

Yeah. They haven’t built sustained success (though 2013-2017 is one of the better 5-year runs for a small market team in recent history if you give points for actually winning playoff series and rings).

But the Royals have one of the most stacked decks against them in pro sports.

29/30 in market size in their league
Worst TV deal in league
No salary cap

Throw in MLB drastically changing draft rules (hard slot amateur draft, international free agency caps have both damaged the Royals significantly) that took away some of the talent acquisition advantages KC found early, and it gets worse.

There might be some NBA GMs with similar challenges (those small markets that can’t retain their best players, who run off to join super teams in bigger markets), but at least they have even salary rules and revenue sharing to shore up some of the differences.

Being an NFL GM is cake compared to an MLB GM.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:32 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It's definitely always a concern. I think my concerned is magnified a bit when considering our hitters recent struggles in the minors. In light of those concerns, I think I'd feel a bit more comfortable taking someone who was more polished out of the gate.

Witt's potential is very exciting. I think if we really want that blue chip "franchise player", it will require a risk like this in order to make it happen - but I'm still a bit worried in light of the struggles our prospects are having in the lower tiers of our system. At the end of the day, I'm a massive fan no matter who they select. We just really need to "hit" on the first picks of the next two drafts if we're going to be able to pull off rebuild 2.0.

Yeah. Just trying to add some top-down perspective.

Hitting on these premium picks this year and next will almost assuredly be the final determinant in how Moore’s tenure goes. Miss on these guys and you’re probably looking for a new GM in a few years and hoping you can find someone who can meet the challenges in KC.

The only other picks that were as important as this year and next were Hosmer and Moustakas. And he hit on those. Needs to do the same here.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:34 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Does Witt have the type of support around him to help him be successful if he goes to a team with less than adequate coaches in the minors?

He’s a baseball rat whose dad was the #3 pick in the draft and had a 10+ year major league career. His makeup and instincts are both raved about. Put those together with his physical tools and the only real thing to pick at is his age.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:41 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He’s a baseball rat whose dad was the #3 pick in the draft and had a 10+ year major league career. His makeup and instincts are both raved about. Put those together with his physical tools and the only real thing to pick at is his age.
Speaking of baseball rat, wonder what Adam LaRoche's kid is up to.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:39 PM 05-29-2019
Speaking of baseball rat, wonder what Adam LaRoche's kid is up to.
The White Sox are in desperate need of his leadership.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:57 PM 05-29-2019
So here’s something you don’t see every day: Glenn Sparkman just got ejected from the game for hitting a guy with a change up.

These umpires are fucking dolts and have no idea how to delineate intent.
[Reply]
tk13 07:07 PM 05-29-2019
We'll have to see if the White Sox fire back.

Tough situation for Lopez here, coming in cold like this.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:11 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
We'll have to see if the White Sox fire back.

Tough situation for Lopez here, coming in cold like this.
They fired first, in the previous half inning. Although their pitchers was also clearly unintentional.

Just another case of umpires trying to make themselves bigger than the game and sticking their .02 in where it doesn’t belong.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:23 PM 05-29-2019
Lopez is 100% shit.
[Reply]
tk13 07:44 PM 05-29-2019
It feels like the 7th inning and it's still only the 4th.
[Reply]
tk13 08:06 PM 05-29-2019
Soler should have had two homers tonight if he didn't get robbed once. He's hitting them at a decent pace to hit 35-40 homers.
[Reply]
Page 112 of 301
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162212 > Last »
Up