ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 99
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury
58-4ever 07:13 PM 10-17-2019
This doesn't look good. All updates here.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 08:29 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
They could legit lose every game and gamble January away by sitting him.

If he's not cleared and not ready you have no choice but you don't just sit him just because. It's the NFL it's too competitive. It's football you risk injury every down.

Again this defense won't look like they did against Denver.

They did what your supposed to do against terrible teams and that good build on it but all the demons that showed before we played the donks will show their ugly head again.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Um did the best receiver and tight end in football disappear? Those two can make most QBs appear competent. We’ll be fine with Moore you fucking nancy.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:30 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Maybe someone can point me to a rehab expert who says otherwise. But at least on Twitter the consensus seems to be that it's not about mahomes healing it's about possibility of reinjury which won't be fixed until he's actually had surgery which seems likely after the season. Just because he's cleared to play and feels better doesn't mean we've eliminated the risk. So it's not even just about getting 75% mahomes vs 90% mahomes. Does resting and proper rehab reduce the likelihood of reinjury? Id have to think the answer is yes.
See my post above they aren't even considering surgery in the off-season based on the MRI.....

[Reply]
arrwheader 08:33 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Um did the best receiver and tight end in football disappear? Those two can make most QBs appear competent. We’ll be fine with Moore you fucking nancy.
I hope so but you don't rest a guy who's otherwise cleared to play by medical professionals because your scared he might get hurt. He could get hurt after resting him for a whole season there's never any gaurantee.

I'm sure Mahomes would agree hence why he's not being a pussy and halfway through his rehab already.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:35 PM 10-21-2019
Two different people, two different Injuries. Very different.

Also it's not rushing him back if they clear him to play. There is no way they put him out there if he's not ready.

Stafford went 3 weeks and ended up fine. Trent Williams rushed back and rejinjured. Just because he's cleared to play doesn't mean the risk is gone. The risk will always be there until he has surgery. I'd think and hope the risk of LONG TERM damage is much lower given that it was a best case scenario injury but that doesn't mean the short term risk goes away.

I imagine Reid will do the smart thing and monitor our playoff chances week by week, and if we're still very comfortably in the driver's seat, he will not hurry mahomes back even if he's cleared to play.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:38 PM 10-21-2019
Stafford went 3 weeks and ended up fine. Trent Williams rushed back and rejinjured. Just because he's cleared to play doesn't mean the risk is gone. The risk will always be there until he has surgery. I'd think and hope the risk of LONG TERM damage is much lower given that it was a best case scenario injury but that doesn't mean the short term risk goes away.

I imagine Reid will do the smart thing and monitor our playoff chances week by week, and if we're still very comfortably in the driver's seat, he will not hurry mahomes back even if he's cleared to play.
**** me man, they have seen the MRI and said it was absolute best case scenario.

Stay off twitter and stop listening to people who haven't seen the MRI.

And if Mahomes is cleared to play, you play him, any other talk is asinine.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:39 PM 10-21-2019

They aren't even considering surgery based on the MRI. Which means all kinds of MF doctors are saying he's good there.

Based on that and based on the fact he's already doing rehab on it a day after it fucking happened I'll add lol that he's probably doing pretty good. Couple that with Reid not even ruling him out. (I think he sits but it bodes well)

I seriously think they know what they are doing and based on everything we have heard the past few days it sounds like it's way less seriously than originally thought.

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:40 PM 10-21-2019
I hope so but you don't rest a guy who's otherwise cleared to play by medical professionals because your scared he might get hurt. He could get hurt after resting him for a whole season there's never any gaurantee.

I'm sure Mahomes would agree hence why he's not being a pussy and halfway through his rehab already.

People saying sit him after he is ready to play again are the most bizarre people on the planet.

You cant bubble wrap the kid and he will likely never be completely healthy for a season.

Let the player and team figure out what they need to do. The Chiefs understand the importance of Mahomes long term more than any poster here.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:44 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
People saying sit him after he is ready to play again are the most bizarre people on the planet.

You cant bubble wrap the kid and he will likely never be completely healthy for a season.

Let the player and team figure out what they need to do. The Chiefs understand the importance of Mahomes long term more than any poster here.
Exactly and it's like people are just ignoring the facts that have came out after the initial reports. It was all wait and see with the MRI. Then it comes out and:

1. Best possible scenerio.
2. No surgery discussed even for off-season
3. Not ruled out Sunday by Andy.
4. Trainer says he's already rehabing it right after the injury.
5. Mahomes says he feels it's week to week.

HE GOOD!!!

[Reply]
arrwheader 08:49 PM 10-21-2019
Listen guys I thought he was fucked and our season was gone. I talked to a buddy of mine who is a PT who deals only with sports injury and he likely thought the same. I took him for dead

Then our Lord Mahomes and Savior got up off the field and walked his way to a immaculate MRI.

He is risen! He GOOD!!!

Believe!!!!!!!!!!

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:03 PM 10-21-2019
Exactly and it's like people are just ignoring the facts that have came out after the initial reports. It was all wait and see with the MRI. Then it comes out and:

1. Best possible scenerio.
2. No surgery discussed even for off-season
3. Not ruled out Sunday by Andy.
4. Trainer says he's already rehabing it right after the injury.
5. Mahomes says he feels it's week to week.

HE GOOD!!!

Can you show me where it says offseason surgery is not on the table? Not saying it wasn't said. I've only seen that surgery is not being talked about. Nor should it be if the plan is to prepare him to play in a few weeks.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:04 PM 10-21-2019
I’d be overly cautious with Showtime. Just because he would want to play ASAP, doesn’t mean that’s what’s best for KC 2020-2035. I’ve chatted with a medical professional that said that even though the ligament didn’t tear, it likely stretched. He followed up saying he’s be cautious with that because it’s easier to tear after being stretched and if that happens, it could effect his career in terms of mobility.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:07 PM 10-21-2019
Can you show me where it says offseason surgery is not on the table? Not saying it wasn't said. I've only seen that surgery is not being talked about. Nor should it be if the plan is to prepare him to play in a few weeks.
Yea here

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019...njury-updates/

"The latest report from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport has some new information on the initial knee dislocation injury for Mahomes and how he was able to avoid significant damage to the ligaments in his knee. It also reveals that surgery doesn’t appear to be an option for Mahomes at this time for now or after the season"

Scroll down a bit to find it.

[Reply]
FAX 09:15 PM 10-21-2019
If you should ever find me lying grievously injured on the shoulder of a two-lane blacktop, please do me a favor ...

Do not solicit medical advice from a twitter doctor.

Thanks.

FAX
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:17 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’d be overly cautious with Showtime. Just because he would want to play ASAP, doesn’t mean that’s what’s best for KC 2020-2035. I’ve chatted with a medical professional that said that even though the ligament didn’t tear, it likely stretched. He followed up saying he’s be cautious with that because it’s easier to tear after being stretched and if that happens, it could effect his career in terms of mobility.
Chatted with one too said the same. I agree he needs to rehab it get it right and come back. I think he misses some time but don't think he sits till the bye. I could be wrong though and hopefully 6 to midnight Moore can hold it down and hopefully our D continues to not be aids.

Just with the way this has progressed and as positive as it's been I think he's out minimal time.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:32 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
If you should ever find me lying grievously injured on the shoulder of a two-lane blacktop, please do me a favor ...

Do not solicit medical advice from a twitter doctor.

Thanks.

FAX
The guy I've been reading was a PT/trainer for the Eagles and Chiefs. I'd say he's pretty well qualified. I've talked to several PTs about it too and the comments seem to be similar. Nobody seems nervous about him returning this season. But it's way too rosy to think he's completely escaped reinjury risk.

I don't know if 1-2 weeks makes any difference from 4-5 weeks once we accept that risk. But if there's any reduction in risk, given our playoff situation, I say you take it. I'd think very differently if we were desperately clinging to playoff hopes.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 99
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Up