ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>So Akrum Wadley says unflattering things about his time at Iowa
Mecca 12:08 PM 06-29-2020

Statement from Akrum Wadley about his time in the Iowa Football program via the Facebook page of Pre-Postgame CEO Robert T Green. Post also includes screen grabs of electronic communications with staff members Broderick Binns and Chris Whitehttps://t.co/Mk8N8nSbeP pic.twitter.com/8oMtXqNqDx

— Rob Howe (@RobHoweHN) June 29, 2020

If you don't want to read all that the basis of it is...

Wadley states Brian Ferentz called him a “dumb mother fucker” while on his way to take an exam.

Wadley also states Kirk Ferentz gave him note cards on what to say in press conferences. He also states he turned to alcohol to cope with the constant put downs by the coaching staff. He also states Kirk Ferentz threatened to take away his meal card. Kirk followed through on this and Wadley had to call his mom to get a Domino’s pizza.

Wadley states Brian Ferentz wanted someone on the OLine to injure Reggie Spearman because he hated him and wished he wasn’t there.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:24 PM 06-29-2020
Hearing from sources inside the program that Ferentz is done.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:28 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Hearing from sources inside the program that Ferentz is done.
Not that I dont believe you....but which one? Sources.

If they fire KF. It is a dark day for Iowa football.

Bring on Bob Stoops.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:32 PM 06-29-2020
The timing of this is weird, why not come out with this shit weeks ago when everyone was trashing the program?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:46 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Not that I dont believe you....but which one? Sources.

If they fire KF. It is a dark day for Iowa football.

Bring on Bob Stoops.
Several people within the athletic department. I don’t want to go any further than that.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:48 PM 06-29-2020
KF is the athletic department - I don't think this pushes him out. Bruan on the other hand could be in trouble.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:54 PM 06-29-2020
Several people within the athletic department. I don’t want to go any further than that.
:-) Sources or GTFO.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:56 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
KF is the athletic department - I don't think this pushes him out. Bruan on the other hand could be in trouble.
Bryan? That would fucking piss me off so bad. Some other program would get a 37 year old, groomed for life, stud OC/HC in his prime. Because Akrum Bitchass had to cry. Fuck that.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:13 PM 06-29-2020
didnt know you knew people there. I hope this is just a rumor. Firing KF is the worst thing Iowa can do. Also a financial killer.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:51 PM 06-29-2020
:-) The fuck is Bosschief so butthurt for?
[Reply]
BWillie 06:50 PM 06-29-2020
I'm actually an Iowa fan, but there are two sides of this issue. Wadley may have been hurt by things said to him, but hes clearly a piece of shit human being. Hes routinely taken advantage of fans after his playing career by not paying ppl for services rendered and refunds for merchandise purchased never received even 3 months+ after purchase. He blocks ppl on Twitter who he owes money to when they inquire.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:25 PM 06-29-2020
Whitlock nails it in this article
https://outkick.com/jack-dorsey-is-t...n-in-football/

Twitter is the head coach of your favorite college football team.

Yes, even at Alabama. Nick Saban is no longer in charge. He answers to Twitter. The 68-year-old winner of six national championships is one disgruntled-player tweet from disavowing all that he believes and running his team in accordance with Twitter bylaws.

That’s the lesson learned from the recent controversies that engulfed the Oklahoma State, Iowa and West Virginia football programs.

A tweet from star running back Chuba Hubbard forced head coach Mike Gundy to take a knee and distance himself from a cable news T-shirt that Twitter deemed offensive.

Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz fired his longtime strength coach Chris Doyle after a handful of former Hawkeyes tweeted complaints that Doyle made them uncomfortable with his non-PC rhetoric.

West Virginia placed defensive coordinator Vic Koenning on administrative leave this week in the aftermath of allegations that Koenning called safety Kerry Martin Jr., a “retard” and, among other things, read him scriptures out of the Bible.

Twitter has instituted a new standard on all coaches. You cannot make young people uncomfortable. You cannot speak to athletes using non-PC language. The standards coaches adopted from military training have been outlawed by social media.

Remember the role actor Lou Gossett Jr., played in the movie “An Officer and a Gentleman?” Marine Sergeant Emil Foley. Gossett won the Academy Award for best supporting actor for verbally abusing Private Zack Mayo and turning him into a responsible man.

Football coaches can’t do that anymore. The power of Twitter has made football and all sports a safe space.

As a high school sophomore, on the first day of padded practice, Warren Central High School assistant coach Tony Burchett called me a pussy in front of the whole team. It changed my life. For the next three years, I tried to annihilate every kid who lined up in front of me. No one would ever call me a pussy again.

Tony Burchett is one of my best friends in life. There’s nothing he wouldn’t do for me.

As a football player at Ball State University, I had a rollercoaster career. I despised my first offensive line coach Dave Magazu. Dude was a jerk. He thought he could bully me. My second year at Ball State he tried to run me off the team. I tried to quit. My parents wouldn’t let me.

Magazu left for a job at Navy. I absolutely loved my second offensive line coach Lawrence Cooley. I became a starter and key contributor. I spoke at his funeral when he died in a car crash a year after leaving Ball State.

I’m glad I played for Coach Magazu and Coach Cooley. As an adult, I understand why Magazu tried to bully me. I was lazy, irresponsible and entitled. I didn’t have that self-awareness as a kid. I didn’t fully have that level of awareness until I reached my 40s.

The experience with Magazu and Cooley shaped me into a more responsible adult.

I’m glad there was no Twitter when I played football. I would’ve publicly lashed out rather than accepting the challenge of improving and evolving. We’re raising soft kids, kids who constantly have their victimhood affirmed.

Any “uncomfortable” interaction between a white coach and black player is proof of racism. If I’m a coach, regardless of my race, I would not engage with my players on anything unrelated to Xs and Os.

One of the allegations against Koenning is that he expressed displeasure with the rioting and looting going on during the Black Lives Matter protests. Players were allegedly offended Koenning wasn’t sympathetic. Koenning has no right to express how he feels. His feelings must mirror the feelings of his players or he’s guilty of making them “uncomfortable.”

My dad made me uncomfortable on a daily basis. It was his way of showing that he cared. He told me exactly what he thought whether I liked it or not. My mother does the same thing.

Coaches can no longer substitute as parents. Their interaction with athletes must be consistent with the thoughts and values shared in the athlete’s social-media cocoon.

Jack Dorsey, Twitter’s founder, is the head coach at Alabama.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:33 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
didnt know you knew people there. I hope this is just a rumor. Firing KF is the worst thing Iowa can do. Also a financial killer.
Actually, it would be the best. Horrible decision making coach.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:33 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Whitlock nails it in this article
https://outkick.com/jack-dorsey-is-t...n-in-football/

Twitter is the head coach of your favorite college football team.

Yes, even at Alabama. Nick Saban is no longer in charge. He answers to Twitter. The 68-year-old winner of six national championships is one disgruntled-player tweet from disavowing all that he believes and running his team in accordance with Twitter bylaws.

That’s the lesson learned from the recent controversies that engulfed the Oklahoma State, Iowa and West Virginia football programs.

A tweet from star running back Chuba Hubbard forced head coach Mike Gundy to take a knee and distance himself from a cable news T-shirt that Twitter deemed offensive.

Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz fired his longtime strength coach Chris Doyle after a handful of former Hawkeyes tweeted complaints that Doyle made them uncomfortable with his non-PC rhetoric.

West Virginia placed defensive coordinator Vic Koenning on administrative leave this week in the aftermath of allegations that Koenning called safety Kerry Martin Jr., a “retard” and, among other things, read him scriptures out of the Bible.

Twitter has instituted a new standard on all coaches. You cannot make young people uncomfortable. You cannot speak to athletes using non-PC language. The standards coaches adopted from military training have been outlawed by social media.

Remember the role actor Lou Gossett Jr., played in the movie “An Officer and a Gentleman?” Marine Sergeant Emil Foley. Gossett won the Academy Award for best supporting actor for verbally abusing Private Zack Mayo and turning him into a responsible man.

Football coaches can’t do that anymore. The power of Twitter has made football and all sports a safe space.

As a high school sophomore, on the first day of padded practice, Warren Central High School assistant coach Tony Burchett called me a pussy in front of the whole team. It changed my life. For the next three years, I tried to annihilate every kid who lined up in front of me. No one would ever call me a pussy again.

Tony Burchett is one of my best friends in life. There’s nothing he wouldn’t do for me.

As a football player at Ball State University, I had a rollercoaster career. I despised my first offensive line coach Dave Magazu. Dude was a jerk. He thought he could bully me. My second year at Ball State he tried to run me off the team. I tried to quit. My parents wouldn’t let me.

Magazu left for a job at Navy. I absolutely loved my second offensive line coach Lawrence Cooley. I became a starter and key contributor. I spoke at his funeral when he died in a car crash a year after leaving Ball State.

I’m glad I played for Coach Magazu and Coach Cooley. As an adult, I understand why Magazu tried to bully me. I was lazy, irresponsible and entitled. I didn’t have that self-awareness as a kid. I didn’t fully have that level of awareness until I reached my 40s.

The experience with Magazu and Cooley shaped me into a more responsible adult.

I’m glad there was no Twitter when I played football. I would’ve publicly lashed out rather than accepting the challenge of improving and evolving. We’re raising soft kids, kids who constantly have their victimhood affirmed.

Any “uncomfortable” interaction between a white coach and black player is proof of racism. If I’m a coach, regardless of my race, I would not engage with my players on anything unrelated to Xs and Os.

One of the allegations against Koenning is that he expressed displeasure with the rioting and looting going on during the Black Lives Matter protests. Players were allegedly offended Koenning wasn’t sympathetic. Koenning has no right to express how he feels. His feelings must mirror the feelings of his players or he’s guilty of making them “uncomfortable.”

My dad made me uncomfortable on a daily basis. It was his way of showing that he cared. He told me exactly what he thought whether I liked it or not. My mother does the same thing.

Coaches can no longer substitute as parents. Their interaction with athletes must be consistent with the thoughts and values shared in the athlete’s social-media cocoon.

Jack Dorsey, Twitter’s founder, is the head coach at Alabama.

What kind of fucking idiot thinks this is a representative or meaningful piece of evidence?
[Reply]
BWillie 07:47 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Actually, it would be the best. Horrible decision making coach.
Im an Iowa fan and Im kinda rooting for it. KF coaches football the way Alex Smith plays football. Iowa could very well get worse with a new coach, but theyve hit their ceiling wirh KF for years now.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:53 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-) Sources or GTFO.
Don’t believe me if you want, I won’t lose a second of sleep over it.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up