ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>Cam Newton to the Patriots
Dante84 05:55 PM 06-28-2020

Former NFL MVP Cam Newton has reached agreement on a one-year, incentive-laden deal with the New England Patriots, league sources tell @mortreport and me.

Newton now will step into the mix to try to help replace former Patriots’ QB Tom Brady.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 28, 2020

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:54 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
How were you and the Alex Smith haters on the winning side and I wasn't? Because Mahomes replaced him and. Chiefs won a SB?

I got news for you buddy. Mahomes he's not your every day better than average QB... That doesn't really prove much.

Like I said before Smitty was overrated by me for sure but he definitely isn't as bad you guys made him out to be. You guys were obsessed with blaming everything on him.

Also he was a great mentor for Mahomes as Mahomes and his Dad have said several times.
The nuances definitely get lost whenever the arguments goes on and on, and people get entrenched in their arguments and hyperbole... yeah, people are going to be cool on the internet by saying "garbage QB", but I think a lot of people were pretty accurate on who he was, which was a mediocre to above average QB who wouldn't be able to consistently carry the Chiefs deep into the playoffs. Even a few of the 49ers trolls eventually admitted to that.

I think half of the 'winning' thing is simply Smith not doing what people said he wouldn't do..... and the other half was reaching the AFCCG two years in a row and winning the SB, as the "I told you so" for all of the "defense wins championships anyway"/"people put far too much focus on the QB position" type of arguments.

It actually worked out pretty perfectly in that regard, because had they just picked up some other average-above avg QB, it quickly becomes "well, this guy can't win either".
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:07 AM 07-02-2020

[Reply]
staylor26 09:12 PM 07-14-2020

Cam Newton been dressing like every Black aunt so long he’s starting to sound like one. pic.twitter.com/1nraiTV3hR

— Colb (@___Colb___) July 14, 2020

:-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:42 PM 07-14-2020
Hoodie will be running 4 TE sets so CrossDresser Cam will be able to complete some passes.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 12:05 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

What a fucking rodeo clown.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:02 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

:-) I like Cam. I never understood why people hate the guy so much.

My girlfriend and I watched the Panthers' edition of All or Nothing. It's a great show, first and foremost. Kind of like our Franchise eps, it gives a good look at the behind the scenes. I'd recommend giving it a watch for anyone who finds themselves disliking Cam for no reason.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:03 AM 07-15-2020
I know it's nearly impossible with how much influence QBs have on the game these days, but I really hope Cam plays very well while the Pats only go, like, 6-10 or something.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:20 AM 07-15-2020
Pats are still irrelevant. Fuck them. They done...Average at best roster and 2 sub par QBs
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:45 AM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

My girlfriend and I watched the Panthers' edition of All or Nothing. It's a great show, first and foremost. Kind of like our Franchise eps, it gives a good look at the behind the scenes. I'd recommend giving it a watch for anyone who finds themselves disliking Cam for no reason.
Same. I like Cam! He’s the guy I picked in the which non chief would you like to meet thread. Seems like a funny guy.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:22 AM 07-15-2020
Oh...and Stidham :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:02 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

There's a segment of people who don't like personality. Cam isn't shy about being himself.

Sometimes being himself is dressing like an old lady, purposely making his hair look stupid AF, or being a whiny bitch when he loses.

Some people expect players to be robotic and business like. They like their athletes rehearsed and completely void of emotion.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:07 PM 07-15-2020
His play sucks recently.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:52 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
There's a segment of people who don't like personality. Cam isn't shy about being himself.

Sometimes being himself is dressing like an old lady, purposely making his hair look stupid AF, or being a whiny bitch when he loses.

Some people expect players to be robotic and business like. They like their athletes rehearsed and completely void of emotion.

That's for sure. Once upon a time I actually thought a lot of the hate Cam received was racism, but I've come to change my opinion a bit. I'm sure for some that plays a part, but I've noticed people hate on Baker in a similar fashion.

Personally, I like how Mahomes handles interviews because you literally cannot hate it and it doesn't cause drama, but I also love when players are a bit different and go off script. Richard Sherman's tirade about Crabtree was one of my favorite things ever. Mayfield hasn't mastered it yet so he just comes off as a douche, but Kelce and Gronk in interviews are hilarious. I think the personalities shining through add another layer to the sport.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:55 PM 07-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
His play sucks recently.
Eh, he hasn't been that bad. In 2018 he started 14 games on a pretty trash roster and still put up nearly 4,000 yards of total offense, 28 TDs and only 15 turnovers. You could do a lot worse (and Carolina did, actually).

Cam's whole career shifted after that Super Bowl. That week 1 matchup against Denver the following season was a fucking bloodbath. The refs swallowed their whistles and let those cheating Bronco fucks brutalize Cam. I actually felt bad for him.. dude hasn't been the same since.
[Reply]
Frazod 07-15-2020, 02:16 PM
This message has been deleted by Frazod. Reason: Commented on the wrong overrated quarterback
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up