ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cam Newton to the Patriots
Dante84 05:55 PM 06-28-2020

Former NFL MVP Cam Newton has reached agreement on a one-year, incentive-laden deal with the New England Patriots, league sources tell @mortreport and me.

Newton now will step into the mix to try to help replace former Patriots’ QB Tom Brady.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 28, 2020

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:37 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular it was just a general statement. Maybe if you werent so obtuse, you would have figured that out.

Stans “Alex Smith, elite QB who can lead a team to Super Bowl” for five years.

Calls other people obtuse.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:40 PM 06-30-2020
My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular it was just a general statement. Maybe if you werent so obtuse, you would have figured that out.
Lol you’re so full of shit.

Then what’s the point in saying it if nobody actually said anything like that?
[Reply]
JD10367 06:44 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
33 year old Edelman who has a significant injury at least every other year, 30 year old Sanu, and brokedick Marques Lee who’s played in 6 games the last 2 years is not a “good WR trio” by any means. They’re bottom 5 and an Edelman injury away from being the worst.

I expect the Pats defense to be good still, but they aren’t as good on paper as they were last year and I don’t think that’s even debatable. Their best players on both sides of the ball are old. It’s not a very good roster and everybody was pretty much in agreement about this a week ago.

When they won 11 games with Cassel they had a much better roster. Randy Moss and prime Wes Welker aren’t walking through that door. Their defensive roster was better that year as well. They still didn’t even make the playoffs with those guys, so I don’t think it’s a very good example to point to them being the favorite to play us in the AFCCG after signing Newton.
OMGZ, you're right, they're fucking horrible! I mean, it's not like they had the exact same 12-4 record as your mighty Chiefs last season, with a better point differential. :-) Somehow they managed to score only around 30 points less than KC for the season, despite those awful WRs and a 24th-ranked QB. But, you're right, that top-ranked D is undebatably worse on paper because they lost Kyle "Start His Bust For Canton!" Van Noy...

I'm not saying the Pats are amazing. I'm not even saying they'll seriously pose a threat to KC. And I fully admit they probably backslide to 8-8 with Stidham at QB. Sure, Baltimore is still the favorite to play KC in the AFCCG. I mean, they went 14-2 last season... before shitting the bed. But, let's not forget, those Tennessee Titans took care of the #1 AND #3 seeds for you. So maybe Baltimore isn't such a shoo-in.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:10 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
OMGZ, you're right, they're ****ing horrible! I mean, it's not like they had the exact same 12-4 record as your mighty Chiefs last season, with a better point differential. :-) Somehow they managed to score only around 30 points less than KC for the season, despite those awful WRs and a 24th-ranked QB.
In a joke of a division...
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:30 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Stans “Alex Smith, elite QB who can lead a team to Super Bowl” for five years.

Calls other people obtuse.
I never called Alex Smith an elite QB.

I can't believe you guys still bring him up. Move on already. Reid and Dorsey brought him here, not me. If you hate him so much why arent you mad at Reid for letting him stay here for 5-years?

Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol you’re so full of shit.

Then what’s the point in saying it if nobody actually said anything like that?
Why would I lie? To gain popularity on a message board w a bunch of ppl who I mostly dont like and who mostly don't like me? Uhhhh no. I don't give a fuck what any of you think of me.

I said ANYBODY I didn't say 'Yeah staylor is an idiot' you didnt say it was a bad move so my post wasnt directed at you. Think...
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:57 AM 07-01-2020
The Patriots aren't worth talking about anymore. They done...
[Reply]
staylor26 08:52 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
OMGZ, you're right, they're fucking horrible! I mean, it's not like they had the exact same 12-4 record as your mighty Chiefs last season, with a better point differential. :-) Somehow they managed to score only around 30 points less than KC for the season, despite those awful WRs and a 24th-ranked QB. But, you're right, that top-ranked D is undebatably worse on paper because they lost Kyle "Start His Bust For Canton!" Van Noy...

I'm not saying the Pats are amazing. I'm not even saying they'll seriously pose a threat to KC. And I fully admit they probably backslide to 8-8 with Stidham at QB. Sure, Baltimore is still the favorite to play KC in the AFCCG. I mean, they went 14-2 last season... before shitting the bed. But, let's not forget, those Tennessee Titans took care of the #1 AND #3 seeds for you. So maybe Baltimore isn't such a shoo-in.
You need to go back and read my posts. I’ve already said the Pats will probably win the division. I’m not saying they suck or anything close to that. This started because somebody said that they’re now the favorites to play the Chiefs in the AFCCG.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:38 AM 07-01-2020
I said they were done, so they are. Downvote this too pat bandwagon clowns
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:39 AM 07-01-2020
Patriots are done, burnt, xtra crispy, finished , buried, non existent, irrelevant, nothing...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:39 AM 07-01-2020
I never called Alex Smith an elite QB.

I can't believe you guys still bring him up. Move on already. Reid and Dorsey brought him here, not me. If you hate him so much why arent you mad at Reid for letting him stay here for 5-years?
It's a product of how vociferously you defended "Smitty" during his entire time here.

Board memory is long. We wear our bad takes. I have some.

Deal with it.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:06 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It's a product of how vociferously you defended "Smitty" during his entire time here.

Board memory is long. We wear our bad takes. I have some.

Deal with it.
I was definitely wrong about Smitty in a lot of ways but I was right in a lot of ways too. It is what it is. Ive moved on, I suggest you do the same.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:37 AM 07-01-2020
I was definitely wrong about Smitty in a lot of ways but I was right in a lot of ways too. It is what it is. Ive moved on, I suggest you do the same.
Can't say I remember your opinions at the time, specifically, but that was one of the longest, most heated debates this board has ever seen... on top of decades of frustration with the quarterback position.

He's in the distant past as far as I care, but that's one where if you were in the trenches for the duration, it's hard not to bring up as an example sometimes.

(at least for those of us who were right :-) :-) )
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:45 AM 07-01-2020
You realize they won't forget right? History is told by the winning side and you weren't on it
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:58 AM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You realize they won't forget right? History is told by the winning side and you weren't on it
How were you and the Alex Smith haters on the winning side and I wasn't? Because Mahomes replaced him and. Chiefs won a SB?

I got news for you buddy. Mahomes he's not your every day better than average QB... That doesn't really prove much.

Like I said before Smitty was overrated by me for sure but he definitely isn't as bad you guys made him out to be. You guys were obsessed with blaming everything on him.

Also he was a great mentor for Mahomes as Mahomes and his Dad have said several times.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:07 PM 07-01-2020
Hilarious how Asterix disappeared right when everyone knew it was over for NE...pathetic
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 289101112 13 >
Up