ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Well guys, looks like I'm F'ed...
gblowfish 08:58 AM 06-26-2020
My friend Scott sent me a link to this story about the NFL owners plan to keep players "safe" from the Rona. It would involve the first eight rows of seats being covered by advertising tarps, which means Ms. B and me would have no seats this season. I called the Chiefs this AM and talked to a ditzy customer service chick "Sorry, I just started this week..hee hee..." and she said the NFL had mandated this, and they're still trying to figure out what to do for ticket holders who are affected. Besides the first eight rows, many other fans will lose their seats too in order to affect "social distancing." I think this whole thing will be a giant cluster F. There's no way they're going to be able to control who sits next to whom and where in Arrowhead. Who gets chosen to keep their seats, and who gets booted? I told ditzy chick that those fans in the first eight rows along the field level will be some of their longest tenured and most loyal fans, because it takes a long time to get enough seniority to get seats in that part of the stadium. She said we'd all be receiving an "official email" once they determine what the policy will be. My feeling is if they play games it will have to be with no fans, period. Just don't see any other way to do it fairly. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...z0-WOKY5t_OPgg
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:13 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Smokin Dave's isn't too shabby either.
I take my previous post back then. Haven't tried Smokin' Dave's. Famous Dave's (good enough ribs), but never Smokin Dave's. I'll give it a try, thanks. Just looked it up. Can't believe I had never heard of it.
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 12:04 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Sorry George, but if it were up to me, I'd rather you watch the season (provided we even have one) from the safety and comfort of your home, knowing we'll be keeping you around for years to come.
You are not fucked. You are blessed. You have season tickets to the best football team in decades. Lots of people are dying. Football has to take a seat. If you went to a game you could lose your life...
[Reply]
bringbackmarty 12:05 AM 06-27-2020
That would suck for all of us.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 12:28 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Common sense would say they just push everyone up. Row 8 gets the row 1 fans etc. Lose the top 8 rows.

But, I don't think there is going to be fans in the stands this year anyway. So it may be a moot point.
That’s what common sense says? Common sense is apparently not common today......
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 06:50 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I take my previous post back then. Haven't tried Smokin' Dave's. Famous Dave's (good enough ribs), but never Smokin Dave's. I'll give it a try, thanks. Just looked it up. Can't believe I had never heard of it.
These guys aren’t KC, but I tried them when I was out there and they were pretty good

https://www.georgiaboys.com/
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:55 AM 06-27-2020
Heh, I was just in Longmont on Memorial Day weekend. We hit up Beau Jo's, can't really go wrong with that place.
[Reply]
007 07:17 AM 06-27-2020
Thread derailed
[Reply]
Bugeater 07:24 AM 06-27-2020
I don't even remember what this thread was about.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:23 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I don't even remember what this thread was about.
RIP blowfish!!

Helluva run, went out a champ!!!
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:47 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
You are not ****ed. You are blessed. You have season tickets to the best football team in decades. Lots of people are dying. Football has to take a seat. If you went to a game you could lose your life...
Is the NFL going to make those who attend games sign a release of liability waiver to protect themselves against lawsuits from this "invisible enemy"?
[Reply]
BWillie 12:48 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Why didn't they just put up plexiglass like they do everywhere else? Make ARROWHEAD like a hockey arena!
They've done that at Bellagio Poker Room and limited people to 6 a table. Can't really hear shit, though.

I tried a river bluff and put out a $200 stack and said all in - with $700 behind. The guy thought it was only $200 and called. Had give him the $700 too because I did say all in - even though the guy didn't hear it. Would have fucking worked I bet had he heard me.
[Reply]
seclark 06:36 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
RIP blowfish!!

Helluva run, went out a champ!!!
Rip George
Should have got another cat
sec
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:43 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by seclark:
Rip George
Should have got another cat
sec
or two!!!!!!
[Reply]
srvy 09:36 PM 06-27-2020
Heck, I was thinking an Orange amp head.

[Reply]
baitism 10:45 PM 06-27-2020
Why can't they just make us sign a waiver saying the Chiefs aren't liable for COVID. This whole thing is retarded.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up