ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Well guys, looks like I'm F'ed...
gblowfish 08:58 AM 06-26-2020
My friend Scott sent me a link to this story about the NFL owners plan to keep players "safe" from the Rona. It would involve the first eight rows of seats being covered by advertising tarps, which means Ms. B and me would have no seats this season. I called the Chiefs this AM and talked to a ditzy customer service chick "Sorry, I just started this week..hee hee..." and she said the NFL had mandated this, and they're still trying to figure out what to do for ticket holders who are affected. Besides the first eight rows, many other fans will lose their seats too in order to affect "social distancing." I think this whole thing will be a giant cluster F. There's no way they're going to be able to control who sits next to whom and where in Arrowhead. Who gets chosen to keep their seats, and who gets booted? I told ditzy chick that those fans in the first eight rows along the field level will be some of their longest tenured and most loyal fans, because it takes a long time to get enough seniority to get seats in that part of the stadium. She said we'd all be receiving an "official email" once they determine what the policy will be. My feeling is if they play games it will have to be with no fans, period. Just don't see any other way to do it fairly. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...z0-WOKY5t_OPgg
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:20 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’m going to have to agree here. George, you haven’t given a lot of details but you have wrote about some medical Issues keeping you from attending games. I’d like to keep you around past this season. Your a good dude and like reading your posts.
I've pretty much decided to quit going to any games after Dec 15th unless its a playoff game. Extreme cold weather is really rough on me now. Just getting old and creaky, man. Don't bury me just yet. I'm still a starter and show up for work every Goddamn Day...
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:21 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
And those seats will never get "uncovered."
we are not the Raiders
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:25 PM 06-26-2020
I wonder how many actual seats that is? Maybe somebody who is a math whiz can get a reasonable estimate of what closing down the first eight rows around the lower bowl would be? My guess would be probably around 4,000?
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:46 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I wonder how many actual seats that is? Maybe somebody who is a math whiz can get a reasonable estimate of what closing down the first eight rows around the lower bowl would be? My guess would be probably around 4,000?
Found an article that mentioned replacing "over 31,000 lower bowl seats" from January.

So, ~31k / 38 rows is 815 seats per row.... 6526 seats before accounting for fewer seats across each section the lower you go in some sections.

You might be pretty close then... somewhere in the ~5500-6500 range.
[Reply]
Bump 02:47 PM 06-26-2020
Thanks for doing your part, we're all in this together.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:05 PM 06-26-2020
Wait, you thought you were going to NFL games this season? 0-1% chance.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:10 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
we are not the Raiders
Teams will probably make more money on advertisements on tarped seats within camera view than they would on selling the tickets for those seats..
[Reply]
Fish 03:18 PM 06-26-2020
I think of social distancing and then picture the normal clusterfuck of entering the stadium gates.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:20 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I've pretty much decided to quit going to any games after Dec 15th unless its a playoff game. Extreme cold weather is really rough on me now. Just getting old and creaky, man. Don't bury me just yet. I'm still a starter and show up for work every Goddamn Day...
Dec 15th? Seems like an odd cut off date, it can get damn cold well before then. Hell I sat through a Husker game in an ice storm in November one time.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:31 PM 06-26-2020
I'm removing every other bench seat in the bus I converted into a road warrior tailgating machine to keep my fellow terrorheads safe on game days
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:33 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Dec 15th? Seems like an odd cut off date, it can get damn cold well before then. Hell I sat through a Husker game in an ice storm in November one time.
That is true, but I'm talking about really bitter teens or colder cold. You can never tell what we're going to get from Thanksgiving to mid December. Sometimes its really nice, sometimes not.
[Reply]
neech 04:06 PM 06-26-2020

[Reply]
TinyEvel 05:16 PM 06-26-2020
SOLUTION:

Start a company, like a sub shop or insurance sales.

Buy advertising on the tarp.

Make your "ad" a live person holding one of those arrow signs (make sure loophole n advertising contract doesn't prevent this)

You be the sign guy.

Take your place on the tarp in your ad space every game.

:-)
[Reply]
TinyEvel 05:19 PM 06-26-2020
SOLUTION II:

They should just turn the jumbotrons around 180 degrees and let people watch from their cars. allow parking in every other space, Simulcast the game on one radio station like drive-in movies do.

[Reply]
TinyEvel 05:23 PM 06-26-2020
SOLUTION III:

Seatbots.

If you're a ST holder, you get a seatbot that takes your place in your seat, equipped with a camera and microphone and speaker.

It livestreams the game to your phone, giving you the same POV as if you're there. You can also use the in-app dashboard to activate your seatbot to make noise on defensive third downs, cheer or boo, and yell at visiting fan seatbots who get too drunk and unruly.

For a premium membership you can also zoom in to check out other scantily-dressed seatbots in the crowd with "binocular vision."

[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up