ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Well guys, looks like I'm F'ed...
gblowfish 08:58 AM 06-26-2020
My friend Scott sent me a link to this story about the NFL owners plan to keep players "safe" from the Rona. It would involve the first eight rows of seats being covered by advertising tarps, which means Ms. B and me would have no seats this season. I called the Chiefs this AM and talked to a ditzy customer service chick "Sorry, I just started this week..hee hee..." and she said the NFL had mandated this, and they're still trying to figure out what to do for ticket holders who are affected. Besides the first eight rows, many other fans will lose their seats too in order to affect "social distancing." I think this whole thing will be a giant cluster F. There's no way they're going to be able to control who sits next to whom and where in Arrowhead. Who gets chosen to keep their seats, and who gets booted? I told ditzy chick that those fans in the first eight rows along the field level will be some of their longest tenured and most loyal fans, because it takes a long time to get enough seniority to get seats in that part of the stadium. She said we'd all be receiving an "official email" once they determine what the policy will be. My feeling is if they play games it will have to be with no fans, period. Just don't see any other way to do it fairly. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...z0-WOKY5t_OPgg
[Reply]
TimBone 09:01 AM 06-26-2020
I'm surprised their having fans at all, tbh.
[Reply]
Yosef_Malkovitch 09:12 AM 06-26-2020
I'll be surprised if we get a full season, tbh. With or without fans.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:14 AM 06-26-2020
I agree. Overall, it’s better to just play without any fans at all like soccer has been doing it.

Sucks, but that’s what should be done.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:16 AM 06-26-2020
They should at the very least give you the option of a full refund this season, or applying that money to next season.

It would make more sense to install hockey-type plexiglass around the field, than it would to boot out the first 8 rows all around the stadium. More cost effective, too.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:16 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
My friend Scott sent me a link to this story about the NFL owners plan to keep players "safe" from the Rona. It would involve the first eight rows of seats being covered by advertising tarps, which means Ms. B and me would have no seats this season. I called the Chiefs this AM and talked to a ditzy customer service chick "Sorry, I just started this week..hee hee..." and she said the NFL had mandated this, and they're still trying to figure out what to do for ticket holders who are affected. Besides the first eight rows, many other fans will lose their seats too in order to affect "social distancing." I think this whole thing will be a giant cluster F. There's no way they're going to be able to control who sits next to whom and where in Arrowhead. Who gets chosen to keep their seats, and who gets booted? I told ditzy chick that those fans in the first eight rows along the field level will be some of their longest tenured and most loyal fans, because it takes a long time to get enough seniority to get seats in that part of the stadium. She said we'd all be receiving an "official email" once they determine what the policy will be. My feeling is if they play games it will have to be with no fans, period. Just don't see any other way to do it fairly. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...z0-WOKY5t_OPgg

I’m not sure they give a shit about fair. My guess is, they throw all STH in a lottery and allow the winners (whose numbers will be set at a social distancing cap) to purchase tickets in the “acceptable” seating areas. They will have this as a one off and everything, including your seats, will go back to normal/you for the 2021 season. That’s my guess. We’re gonna find out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:17 AM 06-26-2020
Common sense would say they just push everyone up. Row 8 gets the row 1 fans etc. Lose the top 8 rows.

But, I don't think there is going to be fans in the stands this year anyway. So it may be a moot point.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:18 AM 06-26-2020
Is MLB doing empty stadiums? Have they announced anything?
[Reply]
jjkrueg 09:19 AM 06-26-2020
This to me seems it more about the revenue from the tarps than it is player safety but maybe I’m wrong. I’m row 29 so it won’t affect me. However I don’t know how appealing arrowhead at 50% capacity is either. I make a 3 hour drive for usually 5 of the 8 home games for the “experience” and I’m not sure it will be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:24 AM 06-26-2020
I have mixed feelings about this. I'm older (as most of you have painfullly reminded me time and time and time again) and I have some underlying health issues that make me more vulnerable to the Rona than younger people. So even if they didn't take this step, I'd be really skeptical and hesitant to go out there until there's a vaccine or better treatment available. Plus, in our seats there is no social distancing before and after the game. I love the Chiefs but won't die for them. So more than likely if this step had not been taken, if all stays the way it is, I'd most likely have sold off all my games this year anyway.
[Reply]
jjkrueg 09:28 AM 06-26-2020
I wonder what the secondary ticket market will be like if it’s at 50% capacity? I could see prices really go up simply because there will be less inventory. But then again people may steer clear for fear of Rona or just the fact the stadium won’t be quite as electric. Then tailgating, I can see people tailgating more and staying in lots during games if the Chiefs won’t chase them away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:34 AM 06-26-2020
I'm 6 rows from the back in the lower bowl.

G-Blowfish may not be fucked, but I probably am.

I'd imagine they'll offer us seats up high...I hope. We shall see.

I gotta figure if it's 50% capacity and the stadium is probably roughly 60% STHs, there would be some kind of seniority ranking for the remainder. We've got about 14 years, IIRC - maybe a little longer. That's gotta count for something.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:38 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We've got about 14 years, IIRC - maybe a little longer. That's gotta count for something.
Don't bet on it. My family has had seats for over 50 years and it don't mean shit when dollars are at stake, believe me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Don't bet on it. My family has had seats for over 50 years and it don't mean shit when dollars are at stake, believe me.
Dollars are the same, though. Hell, they'll make MORE.

They ain't gonna charge me less to move me up. They'll do some lip service about granting us an add'l year of seniority or some crap, but if you combine seniority with the fact that we have fairly expensive tickets already, I gotta figure they'll take care of us.

Wouldn't be an issue if demand wasn't through the roof. They can tell every STH with over 25 years of seniority to go fist their mothers and they'll still have a waiting list when all is said and done - but to what benefit?

The Cassel/Pioli years thinned out the ranks pretty substantially out there for STHs and we battled through the whole thing. There can't be 20K season ticket holders that did that. I gotta figure we're in the top 1/3 in terms of seniority.

There's just no benefit to them punting that. I agree with you that they'd fuck us if it made 'em more money - but it won't. So why would they?
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:58 AM 06-26-2020
All I'm saying is seniority with the Chiefs is lip service. You should see the letter King Carl sent out about Super Bowl tickets in 1993. I never even got a sniff at SB tickets last year. And if anything were to happen to me where I lost my job or couldn't make payments for one single year, they'd toss me like a used paper towel, so I have no illusions about "loyalty." Guess I'm just feeling extra cynical this AM...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up