ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2502 of 3903
« First < 1502200224022452249224982499250025012502 250325042505250625122552260230023502 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:54 AM 07-03-2020

[Reply]
DaFace 07:01 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I live in an 80% Hispanic neighborhood and we're always towards the top in positive cases in the city. Its fairly common to see 3, sometimes 4 generations of family either living in the same house or on the same block with regular gatherings. Add in divorced households and you have upwards of 20 people crossing paths at kid swap drop off times.

Also people point and laugh at white guy toxic masculinity but Hispanic males seem to be constantly maxing out their masculinity and mask wearing doesn't really fit into that, at least around here.
It's hit or miss here. I have been doing a variety of home improvement projects, so Home Depot has been a bit of a second home lately. On the one hand, you do see a lot of Hispanic men without masks. But you also see many who do since they are used to wearing them for their jobs (lots of painters and carpenters for example).

It would be fascinating to see a poll about mask wearing. It's obvious we'd see big differences across political affiliations, but I'm sure there are others that would be surprising.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:02 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Late to the party, but **** it seems like not long ago some dumbass said that certainly was not happening.
No, dumb ass, you were saying people in Leawood were intentionally trying to get it. Stop acting like you said something about this when you didn't even know about it.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:03 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's hit or miss here. I have been doing a variety of home improvement projects, so Home Depot has been a bit of a second home lately. On the one hand, you do see a lot of Hispanic men without masks. But you also see many who do since they are used to wearing them for their jobs (lots of painters and carpenters for example).

It would be fascinating to see a poll about mask wearing. It's obvious we'd see big differences across political affiliations, but I'm sure there are others that would be surprising.
I have a friend who runs a construction crew and he has said that the hispanics have acted like Covid never existed. Take it for what it's worth.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:13 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Same with the home projects and visits to Home Depot. Feel the more legit crews have a higher rate of mask wearing, the groups hanging in the parking lot looking for work, not so much. Picked up some stuff there yesterday and the security guy at the exit thanked us for wearing our masks, which are supposed to be mandated for shopping indoors here. Its truly bizarre how few seem to be wearing them.

On a lighter note, got my first haircut in 4 months yesterday. Got a nice little farmers tan going on my head.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:25 AM 07-03-2020
Wasn't aware telling Governors to get fucked was an option.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lea...jGF5TvdowAIKj0
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:55 AM 07-03-2020
Don't take it too personally Lew.
Attached: 83702407_284487079272227_5337284553803896001_n.jpg (33.3 KB) 
[Reply]
petegz28 08:04 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Wasn't aware telling Governors to get ****ed was an option.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lea...jGF5TvdowAIKj0
Yes the counties can opt out. Miami, Leavenworth and some others have done just that.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:11 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I live in an 80% Hispanic neighborhood and we're always towards the top in positive cases in the city. Its fairly common to see 3, sometimes 4 generations of family either living in the same house or on the same block with regular gatherings. Add in divorced households and you have upwards of 20 people crossing paths at kid swap drop off times.

Also people point and laugh at white guy toxic masculinity but Hispanic males seem to be constantly maxing out their masculinity and mask wearing doesn't really fit into that, at least around here.
Hispanic males definitely have an issue with masculinity.

My friend was unfortunate enough to be in the middle a chicken bus duel in Guatemala - where two drivers were being hyper-aggressive with each other - flooring it up hills, passing blind, bluffing like they were going to run each other off the road - never mind all the passengers on each bus.

Hispanic family life though imo is such a huge positive for them in any context other than covid. Living in LA for 21 years - I've always been envious of how tight their extended families seem to be.

However I think it might be largely a Catholic thing. My Irish-Catholic grandmother was the exact same way. Her dream was for there to be another depression and her 7 kids would all have to move back into one big house with her. When I was studying Spanish I realized there were so many similarities with Irish Catholics - first son goes to the seminary, first daughter is namd Mary Theresa, every kid has a nickname they go by instead of their real names.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:33 AM 07-03-2020
Yep, around here its either mad flexing due to gang culture or a skewed vision of Americana. Big trucks, cowboy boots, Budweiser, Marlboro, and siring an entire soccer team.
[Reply]
Donger 08:34 AM 07-03-2020
The border with Mexico (and Canada) has been and remains closed to non-essentials.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:38 AM 07-03-2020
Hydroxychloroquine
[Reply]
TLO 10:03 AM 07-03-2020
I feel like we're going to get some very positive news regarding vaccines in the near future.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:06 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I feel like we're going to get some very positive news regarding vaccines in the near future.
I’m positive I’m not taking it for first 7 years....
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:11 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:

Elaborate.
[Reply]
Page 2502 of 3903
« First < 1502200224022452249224982499250025012502 250325042505250625122552260230023502 > Last »
Up