ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2501 of 3903
« First < 1501200124012451249124972498249925002501 250225032504250525112551260130013501 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 09:54 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well, I have my Dad and Step Mom who both live in Phoenix and both in their late 60's\early 70's.

Both make the choice on how they want to live their life and I don't lecture the one way or the other.

As they have said, they are too old to merely exist through life for the rest of their days. Both have some form of underlying. Both are fairly active and healthy otherwise but they do have medical conditions.

What they told me was if they have to live like prisoners, being locked down, can't go here, can't go there, then at their age what is the point? Their fear I guess is by the time all this shit settles down and people are allowed to live their lives again they will be too old to live it the way they wanted.

Considering this primarily impacts the elderly I guess it's their opinion that matters over mine but it is what it is.
It is hard to argue against that. My parents were the same way and I am sure if we live to be old we will feel the same. Something is going to get us all. For me just don’t make it fire.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:56 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My neighbors were having parties every weekend with 20-30 people and a live band from around March to early May. Between a huge culture of community gatherings and lots of multi generational families, it's really tough for many Latinos to stay isolated.
Ohhh it's SO tough for them....and so easy for everyone e!se...
[Reply]
Pablo 10:02 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This is not a racist comment but I think it's Hispanics in America and has nothing to do with the border. Hispanics in general have a strong sense of family/friend gatherings. Many of them are still having these large gatherings because it's important to them. I know a nurse whose family had a party back in April when things were just getting rolling. 50 family members attended this party and of course they spread COVID to each other (many of them worked in healthcare!). 18 tested positive and 4 older family members died. It's a huge cultural thing for them.
Next time they'll stuff the piñata with masks and hand sanitizer.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:05 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I should add that the odd thing is that Colorado deaths line up with population distribution pretty closely despite the fact that Latinos overindex on cases by almost a factor of two. My theory is that they tend to be younger, while non-Hispanic white people are less likely to get it, but they are more likely to die from it since they tend to be older.

Data is here for Colorado FWIW.

https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/case-data
Yeah, a lot has been made about demographic and geographic stratification of COVID especially now that death statistics seem to have uncoupled from tests, at least for the moment. But I think a lot of this has to do with cultural factors like you mention - they are more likely to live in larger, multi-generational households and they aren't as willing to avoid socialization. They aren't unlike Italians, I suppose.

There's also the fact that blacks and latinos are more likely to use public transit and work in jobs where transmission is much more common, but we shouldn't ignore the fact that some people are just a lot more likely to ignore the precautions than others because it's hard on them culturally to isolate themselves.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:07 PM 07-02-2020
I guess making excuses is better than risking being called a racist.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:34 PM 07-02-2020
Whites have no problem hanging out by themselves because most of them are miserable old farts that cant stand anyone or anything but dogs.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:40 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Whites have no problem hanging out by themselves because most of them are miserable old farts that cant stand anyone or anything but dogs.
Dogs are awesome, though.

But yeah. There's probably some truth to this.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:09 PM 07-02-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Can't say I am surprised.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/alabama-st...ry?id=71552514
Late to the party, but fuck it seems like not long ago some dumbass said that certainly was not happening.
[Reply]
eDave 02:15 AM 07-03-2020
Tempe bar Varsity Tavern under investigation for allegedly letting employees with COVID-19 keep working.

Among the alleged violations:
https://www.abc15.com/entertainment/...9-keep-working
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 02:25 AM 07-03-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...?ocid=msedgntp

Everything the media tells us is real guys
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:03 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Try spiced cherry bitters. That's my favorite. And if you are going to use cheap vermouth get at least Martini & Rossi. Don't go for that super cheap shit. The better the vermouth the better the cocktail. Olive & Ivy is who turned me onto Antica. They make great Manhattans and their fillets, OMFG. Dude I live in KC which is like the kingdom of steaks and Olive & Ivy's fillet is arguably the best fucking steak I have ever had.
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Ohhh it's SO tough for them....and so easy for everyone e!se...
i dunno, but im 43 and i see my mom a bout 5 days a week my dad about 1-2. My sister 3-4. We have family dinner 1 to 2 days a week My dad even comes for family dinner at my moms and him and my mom have been divorced since 92. I have my nieces and nephews with me a few times a week (they just wanna play fortnite). We have and always will be a very close family. When my grandmother was around. Everyone was constantly at her house. She was never ever alone.
[Reply]
eDave 03:06 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...?ocid=msedgntp

Everything the media tells us is real guys
The latter part of the article explains why this study is bogus. Yet you posted it anyway. This thread is not intended for your antics and are unwelcome.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 03:46 AM 07-03-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
The latter part of the article explains why this study is bogus. Yet you posted it anyway. This thread is not intended for your antics and are unwelcome.
No one says it's "bogus." You did. All these studies deserve skepticism. This is a fear propaganda thread though. Let's go protest, it's perfectly healthy.
[Reply]
Dunit35 06:23 AM 07-03-2020
There had to be 10-15 people at 630 am sitting in lawn chairs outside our express wellness. I saw two people running to the parking lot.

They offer rapid testing, only place in town. I believe the place opens at 8am.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:53 AM 07-03-2020
I live in an 80% Hispanic neighborhood and we're always towards the top in positive cases in the city. Its fairly common to see 3, sometimes 4 generations of family either living in the same house or on the same block with regular gatherings. Add in divorced households and you have upwards of 20 people crossing paths at kid swap drop off times.

Also people point and laugh at white guy toxic masculinity but Hispanic males seem to be constantly maxing out their masculinity and mask wearing doesn't really fit into that, at least around here.
[Reply]
Page 2501 of 3903
« First < 1501200124012451249124972498249925002501 250225032504250525112551260130013501 > Last »
Up