ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 371 of 934
« First < 271321361367368369370371 372373374375381421471871 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:52 PM 06-30-2020
So I plugged into my watchlist portfolio back in 1/1 2018 the FAANG stocks.

These consist of 5 stocks and here's what they've done since that date.

NFLX ....137%
AMZN.....136%
AAPL.......115%
GOOGL....34%
FB...........28%

That's 2 yrs and 6 months . You do the math. When does it stop?
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:57 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
So I plugged into my watchlist portfolio back in 1/1 2018 the FAANG stocks.

These consist of 5 stocks and here's what they've done since that date.

NFLX ....137%
AMZN.....136%
AAPL.......115%
GOOGL....34%
FB...........28%

That's 2 yrs and 6 months . You do the math. When does it stop?
As soon as I buy NFLX, which was two days ago.

I mentioned it a thousand posts or so ago, but one thing that I noticed in 2020 was that the Nasdaq stocks seem to be outperforming the rest of the market during bull markets, and they also went down a lot less in the March crash. I've been buying Nasdaq stocks almost exclusively over the past couple of months and my life has been better as a result. I've always held off on NFLX because I don't think they've got an unassailable market position, but the world apparently disagrees with me, so I finally gave up and started buying a little of it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:02 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
As soon as I buy NFLX, which was two days ago.

I mentioned it a thousand posts or so ago, but one thing that I noticed in 2020 was that the Nasdaq stocks seem to be outperforming the rest of the market during bull markets, and they also went down a lot less in the March crash. I've been buying Nasdaq stocks almost exclusively over the past couple of months and my life has been better as a result. I've always held off on NFLX because I don't think they've got an unassailable market position, but the world apparently disagrees with me, so I finally gave up and started buying a little of it.
One of my stocks is QQQE and its basically the Nasdaq 100 and has been doing wonderful. And yeah I just said screw it and put in an order for NFLX. If a man was smart I think he could just make a portfolio out of those top 3 right now and do good.
[Reply]
philfree 08:54 PM 06-30-2020
I'm Nasdaq heavy and those stocks have kicked butt. My DOCU is up 133.56 since 3-11. I bought in at three different points but overall but that's what it's done for me.
[Reply]
scho63 12:17 PM 07-01-2020
My AMZN shares are on a path to $5,000
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:22 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Legit question??? Why don't companies like that do a stock split to get the shares back to a reasonable price? I know percentage is percentage but most people won't buy a 5000 dollar share because that's all they have to invest.
[Reply]
neech 02:28 PM 07-01-2020
Legit question??? Why don't companies like that do a stock split to get the shares back to a reasonable price? I know percentage is percentage but most people won't buy a 5000 dollar share because that's all they have to invest.
Good question.

Maybe they don't need the money that bad to split it.
[Reply]
patteeu 02:33 PM 07-01-2020
We AMZN owners don’t want to rub elbows with riff raff at shareholder meetings.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:39 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by philfree:
I'm Nasdaq heavy and those stocks have kicked butt. My DOCU is up 133.56 since 3-11. I bought in at three different points but overall but that's what it's done for me.
Damn! You nailed that one. Good job, I love seeing win!
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:56 PM 07-01-2020
I recall reading once that Warren Buffet would never do a stock split on Berkshire Hathaway because it apparently costs some money to do it and he viewed it as an unnecessary expense. I would agree that it does price some people out when the stock gets to a high dollar amount like $100,000+ a share for Berkshire. (Buffet eventually started a different class of stock at a lower price, but I don't know if that was a cheaper option or if there was some other reason.)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:00 PM 07-01-2020
So just saw an email from TD Ameritrade saying there's micro e-Mini futures vehicles now.

Can't say for certain whether it's good or not I never assed myself to 'learn' how to trade futures..
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:08 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Wait, I just checked and it's at 2878. Wut the F is wrong with U. It'll take another 6 months to get to 5K
[Reply]
rydogg58 04:42 PM 07-01-2020
I think it was Lewdog that talked about this a few pages back and it sort of made sense for me. You are essentially buying the stock for the same value no matter the price. And if someone is willing to buy Amazon for $2000 then they will buy it at $5000.
[Reply]
rydogg58 04:52 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
We AMZN owners don’t want to rub elbows with riff raff at shareholder meetings.
That's true. I have been in a discord chat group for stock trading for about a year now. It started off with a few hundred users and most of them were pretty smart. Once the coronavirus started shutting everything down and people got laid off back in February, it jumped to a few thousand. Most of the new guys had no clue what they were doing and bought and sold like it. It's my opinion that all those new traders that came in looking to get rich quick mostly lost their asses.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:59 PM 07-01-2020
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
That's true. I have been in a discord chat group for stock trading for about a year now. It started off with a few hundred users and most of them were pretty smart. Once the coronavirus started shutting everything down and people got laid off back in February, it jumped to a few thousand. Most of the new guys had no clue what they were doing and bought and sold like it. It's my opinion that all those new traders that came in looking to get rich quick mostly lost their asses.
Full disclosure, if I were a trader in a discord group, I’d be among the riff raff. :-)
[Reply]
Page 371 of 934
« First < 271321361367368369370371 372373374375381421471871 > Last »
Up