ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 197 of 341
« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247297 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Cheater5 08:46 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Indeed. Not to mention the wear and tear on your barrel. Tracer rounds are good for automatic crew-served weapons, but for anything else? Nah....

Dude, I have fired a LOT of tracer rounds through an M4 carbine; they don't do any more damage (wear and tear) to a barrel. And they are not just for crew-served weapons.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:55 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Dude, I have fired a LOT of tracer rounds through an M4 carbine; they don't do any more damage (wear and tear) to a barrel. And they are not just for crew-served weapons.

Never said they were. I said that they are MAINLY used with crew served weapons. You want to use tracers in your weapon - go for it. When I was in Viet Nam - Tracers in an M-16 were not allowed (at least in my unit).
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:52 PM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
I know 2 SDI certified gunsmiths that will tell you for a pistol tracer rounds, incendiary round, are not good for the barrel due to the added heat when firing rapidly.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:17 PM 06-27-2020
So after putting it off for a year or so, my wife and I finally purchased a handgun for home defense. We settled on the Smith & Wesson M&P 9MM Shield EZ. For this first gun we wanted something my wife could handle and she shot pretty well with it when we were trying it out. I'll probably pick up something for me in a couple of months or so.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:19 PM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
I just ordered a Del-Ton Sierra 316H 5.56/223. It's my first purchase but not my first firearm [I inherited a few pistols, a shotgun, and a couple of rifles from my dad (RIP)]. I didn't want to go too expensive for my first and the all of the reviews I read were very positive given its price range. Got it on sale for $500 (MSRP was ~ $800). Maryland being a **** state, in many more ways than one, also played a part.

I'm curious if any of you guys have any experience with this particular AR, or just have any words of wisdom. I don't plan on going too wild, as this is going to be my intro into tactical, but I was looking at an Aimpro Patrol red dot and making a trip to VA or PA for some 30 rd mags because Maryland has a 10 round limit. You can bring them in but can't purchase in state, derp.
Love my del-ton. Cant comment on shitty state laws
[Reply]
bdj23 05:27 PM 06-29-2020
So, I decided last night after about 8 jack and cokes that I'm going to build an AR. I have the 80% lower reciever and lower receiver kit on order.

Now I need -
Buffer tube and stock
Upper receiver and barrel
Sights
BCG and charging handle

Any recommendations for parts? I'd like to keep it under $900 to build.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:33 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
So after putting it off for a year or so, my wife and I finally purchased a handgun for home defense. We settled on the Smith & Wesson M&P 9MM Shield EZ. For this first gun we wanted something my wife could handle and she shot pretty well with it when we were trying it out. I'll probably pick up something for me in a couple of months or so.
They're gonna sell a fuckton of those. We bought one a month or two back and have prolly only put 80 rounds through it but I'm very happy with the purchase. EZ is right, everything about it is simple.
[Reply]
tatorhog 09:56 PM 06-29-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
So, I decided last night after about 8 jack and cokes that I'm going to build an AR. I have the 80% lower reciever and lower receiver kit on order.

Now I need -
Buffer tube and stock
Sights
BCG and charging handle

Did the lower kit come with a jig, or did you get one separately?
[Reply]
kepp 09:05 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:

Now I need -
Buffer tube and stock
Sights
BCG and charging handle

Did you get a 80% lower or a stripped lower?

Do yourself a favor and get a small gunsmith kit that has rollpin punches. It makes the lower build way easier.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:25 AM 06-30-2020
I've always been curious about the 80 percent stuff and registration. Do people register? do you make your own serial number? 6969420fkdafed?
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:15 AM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I've always been curious about the 80 percent stuff and registration. Do people register? do you make your own serial number? 6969420fkdafed?
To the best of my knowledge, the 80% lower is FFL-free, and basically no different than buying an upper or anything else online.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:01 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
To the best of my knowledge, the 80% lower is FFL-free, and basically no different than buying an upper or anything else online.
Arent you supposed to register it when its complete? if not im building a house and filling the studs with 80% guns. jk. or am I?
[Reply]
vailpass 01:03 PM 06-30-2020
Arent you supposed to register it when its complete? if not im building a house and filling the studs with 80% guns. jk. or am I?
My condolences on the upcoming accident you are going to have where your canoe tips and all your guns go to the bottom of a deep lake.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:05 PM 06-30-2020
Someone please explain to me why so many people make these Frankenstein AR’s?

I know they’re all supposed to be made to the same specs, but isn’t there a chance you’re gonna get parts that are off each other by just a hair when using 3-4 different makers?

Pretty sure I’d just want one machined by the same maker to ensure uniformity in such a finicky weapon
[Reply]
ghak99 01:08 PM 06-30-2020
Paper weights made for personal use do not require numbers, unless you live in a paper weight hating state.

There's a reason they sell 80s 10 at a time. :-)
[Reply]
Page 197 of 341
« First < 97147187193194195196197 198199200201207247297 > Last »
Up