ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 196 of 341
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206246296 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:28 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
i had the m&p 2.0 compact for about a month and after shooting it a few sessions it just felt a little short in the grip. it shot great but didn’t like the grip. sold it and bought a walther ppq m2 and am in love
I think you're talking about the sub-compact with the 3.6 inch barrel. 10+1?

I'm talking about the 4 inch barrel, 15+1, 17+1. Same size as the Glock 19.
[Reply]
jdubya 06:35 PM 06-16-2020
Glock 20 in 10mm.......it`s a beautiful thing
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:35 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's funny, the first time I shot it at the store where I bought it, I wasn't that impressed. I thought the trigger was a little stiff and figured I'd take it to my gunsmith to get it worked over. But then I took it to a private range where I could really run it, and it was like night and day - drawing from the holster and rapid firing it was great. No issues at all.

It's like the Sundance Kid - it's better when it moves. :-)

:-). :-)
[Reply]
ljmhawk 09:04 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think you're talking about the sub-compact with the 3.6 inch barrel. 10+1?

I'm talking about the 4 inch barrel, 15+1, 17+1. Same size as the Glock 19.
nope, had the 4” barrel and always felt like when i gripped it my pinky was half off the gun. on the walther ppq m2 my pinky is comfortably on the gun.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:30 PM 06-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Man that Sig is Itty bitty. Half the size of my hand. Roughly 5 inches long and 3 inches tall. Hell to the no to a micro compact for me.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Gotcha. When I don't necessarily care about concealment, I put my 1911 on my hip and away I go....... :-)

What DOES feel odd when I do this, however, is the 1911 feels like an iron bar (heavy as hell)....but damn, I do love a .45
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:12 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
nope, had the 4” barrel and always felt like when i gripped it my pinky was half off the gun. on the walther ppq m2 my pinky is comfortably on the gun.
You must have huge mitts.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:15 PM 06-17-2020

I'll say it again: get in your training, and practice regularly. This guy didn't survive this encounter without some real training.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:29 PM 06-17-2020
Yet another fine example of why you never bring a knife to a gun fight......:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:42 PM 06-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

I'll say it again: get in your training, and practice regularly. This guy didn't survive this encounter without some real training.
The video to this is awesome. Apparently if you shoot one of the cocksuckers the rest will leave you alone. :-)
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:37 PM 06-18-2020
I just ordered a Del-Ton Sierra 316H 5.56/223. It's my first purchase but not my first firearm [I inherited a few pistols, a shotgun, and a couple of rifles from my dad (RIP)]. I didn't want to go too expensive for my first and the all of the reviews I read were very positive given its price range. Got it on sale for $500 (MSRP was ~ $800). Maryland being a cunt state, in many more ways than one, also played a part.

I'm curious if any of you guys have any experience with this particular AR, or just have any words of wisdom. I don't plan on going too wild, as this is going to be my intro into tactical, but I was looking at an Aimpro Patrol red dot and making a trip to VA or PA for some 30 rd mags because Maryland has a 10 round limit. You can bring them in but can't purchase in state, derp.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:45 PM 06-18-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
I just ordered a Del-Ton Sierra 316H 5.56/223. It's my first purchase but not my first firearm [I inherited a few pistols, a shotgun, and a couple of rifles from my dad (RIP)]. I didn't want to go too expensive for my first and the all of the reviews I read were very positive given its price range. Got it on sale for $500 (MSRP was ~ $800). Maryland being a cunt state, in many more ways than one, also played a part.

I'm curious if any of you guys have any experience with this particular AR, or just have any words of wisdom. I don't plan on going too wild, as this is going to be my intro into tactical, but I was looking at an Aimpro Patrol red dot and making a trip to VA or PA for some 30 rd mags because Maryland has a 10 round limit. You can bring them in but can't purchase in state, derp.
Looks like it'll do you just fine..

[Reply]
luv 03:52 PM 06-25-2020
We bought a Glock 17 last March. With the pandemic, we just now were able to get it out to do some shooting. I still need to take a class, but we took it up to my boyfriend's aunt's house and shot it towards some boxes and old laundry detergent bottles set up on a rock wall for target practice. We only loaded 5 at a time, just for handling safety since there were 4 or 5 of us taking turns shooting. Anyway, I hit something on all five tries! His uncle is an ex-marine, and gave me lots of pointers on aiming, breathing, squeezing the trigger, etc. It was so much fun!

Anyway, what do you all think of tracer rounds? We're thinking of buying some and doing a little after dark shooting.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:04 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
We bought a Glock 17 last March. With the pandemic, we just now were able to get it out to do some shooting. I still need to take a class, but we took it up to my boyfriend's aunt's house and shot it towards some boxes and old laundry detergent bottles set up on a rock wall for target practice. We only loaded 5 at a time, just for handling safety since there were 4 or 5 of us taking turns shooting. Anyway, I hit something on all five tries! His uncle is an ex-marine, and gave me lots of pointers on aiming, breathing, squeezing the trigger, etc. It was so much fun!

Anyway, what do you all think of tracer rounds? We're thinking of buying some and doing a little after dark shooting.
Sure it's fun, but also expensive. You'd be better off buying regular practice ammo at the moment and honing your skills. It's still fun, but also practical.

If you want to splurge on ammo, get some defensive rounds.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:17 PM 06-25-2020
Originally Posted by luv:

Good job. Sounds like you're off to a good start.

Tracers are pretty much for entertainment purposes only. They don't even usually help you 'track your rounds' as the incendiary will often alter the trajectory of the round compared to the non-incendiary ones. In a handgun at typical handgun distances this may not be noticeable, but with rifles it probably will. Also most (maybe all, I don't remember anymore) tracer rounds are military surplus (old), so not all of them will actually leave a trail.

They are a lot of fun when they work though, so enjoy them if you got 'em.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:33 AM 06-26-2020
Indeed. Not to mention the wear and tear on your barrel. Tracer rounds are good for automatic crew-served weapons, but for anything else? Nah....
[Reply]
Page 196 of 341
« First < 96146186192193194195196 197198199200206246296 > Last »
Up