ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 341
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:14 AM 05-25-2020
https://aliengearholsters.com/
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:32 PM 06-02-2020
Well I did it, pulled the trigger on a Mossberg 500 at Wally World today... nothing tacticool, just a full walnut stock and pump handle

$250! couldn’t hardly believe it, never seen them anywhere for less than $3-350

Apparently just in time too, this very Walmart was busted into and looted last night, but thankfully mgmt had been expecting it and put all the firearms in a big safe in back

So yeah, this disgusting shit has found its way to my little one horse town
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:36 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Well I did it, pulled the trigger on a Mossberg 500 at Wally World today... nothing tacticool, just a full walnut stock and pump handle

Apparently just in time too, this very Walmart was busted into and looted last night, but thankfully mgmt had been expecting it and put all the firearms in a big safe in back

Damn fine pick up! Now, let us hope that you never need to use it for your, or your familys protection. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:48 PM 06-02-2020

I believe you can get a synthetic stock for somewhere between 70 and $80 or so, depending on whether you want to telescoping buttstock plus pistol grip, or just a synthetic stock that looks exactly like the wood one.
[Reply]
tatorhog 01:49 PM 06-02-2020

That's a good price. Nice catch.

I don't normally go for what I would consider novelty guns, but I did just put in an order for a Nighthawk Tomahawk. its a small 12ga with ridiculously low recoil. And my wife could easily operate it in the house if she had to, which was the biggest selling point. its expensive for what it is, but we live on the highway outside of town. She's fairly good with the 9mm I keep in the dresser, but figured having something easy to use with less aiming requirements might not be that bad of an idea. had one before and regret getting rid of it now.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:18 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Damn fine pick up! Now, let us hope that you never need to use it for your, or your familys protection. :-)
Amen... but yeah this shit has apparently found its way into the sticks

Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I believe you can get a synthetic stock for somewhere between 70 and $80 or so, depending on whether you want to telescoping buttstock plus pistol grip, or just a synthetic stock that looks exactly like the wood one.
Yeah I’ve watched a buttload of YouTube videos recently, I could definitely trick this thing out nicely if I decided to
[Reply]
Randallflagg 02:32 PM 06-02-2020
Amen... but yeah this shit has apparently found its way into the sticks

Yeah I’ve watched a buttload of YouTube videos recently, I could definitely trick this thing out nicely if I decided to

My Dad (God rest his soul) had for years, a Double Barrel 12 Gauge that *someone* (:-)) had sawed off to about 10-12 inches. Usually kept it by the front door (unless company was coming, then he'd put it away).

I used to chuckle at that John Wayne movie with James Caan - "ElDorado". Caan bought a sawed off 12 gauge because he couldn't shoot for shit.

The Old Man's looked just like that one - and would do just a much damage at close range :-)

Damn, those were the good old days........
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:34 PM 06-02-2020
Good pickup, happy you found something that you are excited for. Good base to build off of with tons of aftermarket support for it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:48 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
Good pickup, happy you found something that you are excited for. Good base to build off of with tons of aftermarket support for it.
What I REALLY wanted is an AK47, but that’s just too steep for my blood right now... oh well, I think a 45 and a 12 gauge is enough for now
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:11 PM 06-02-2020

Something to keep in mind is that the vast majority of break-ins/home invasions occur after dark. So, another thing to consider is a weapon-mounted light. I know, a lot of people don't like them for whatever reasons given ad nauseum. But just try this: holding your shotgun (unloaded for pete's sake) however you think you would in a HD situation, try to open a door, navigate your hallways to retrieve a loved one or whatever with a flashlight in your off-hand.

Or while at the range with your shotgun, try holding a flashlight in your off-hand and fire 3 aimed rounds as fast as possible at three separate targets. Under 2.75 seconds would be a good start.

Hell, try it without any rounds in the gun. Most people can't do that at all while holding a flashlight.

Try having someone about your size try to take the weapon away from you while holding the light.

If you can't see the huge advantage to a weapon-mounted light on your shotgun at that point, well . . . good luck with that.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:19 PM 06-02-2020
Yeah a light seems like a very good idea, Megatron

Might just try to get one when I pick it up in (hopefully) 3 days
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:34 PM 06-02-2020
Why did you have to wait.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:41 PM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Why did you have to wait.

Illinois law is 72 hours for your background check to clear, unfortunately the gun counter guy said he’s seeing waits of up to 7 days because the state police are back logged like crazy right now
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 03:55 PM 06-02-2020
Illinois law is 72 hours for your background check to clear, unfortunately the gun counter guy said he’s seeing waits of up to 7 days because the state police are back logged like crazy right now
Wow. I can get a pistol same day here.

[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:56 PM 06-02-2020
What I REALLY wanted is an AK47, but that’s just too steep for my blood right now... oh well, I think a 45 and a 12 gauge is enough for now
Did you buy any military grade buckshot?
Wal-Mart usually has it in 5 rounds for 5 bucks.
It patters nice.
[Reply]
Page 189 of 341
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Up