ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 341
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:04 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Most departments that don't issue have a list of manufacturers and calibers that are acceptable. I have never been a wheel gun fan, but you can't deny they will ALWAYS go boom. But capacity and reloading time have always been a deterrent for me.
Yeah, I don't even own one anymore.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:11 PM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I don't even own one anymore.
what else do you have pistol wise?
[Reply]
Frazod 10:15 PM 05-14-2019
what else do you have pistol wise?
I've got the two 1911s, the CZ 75 compact, a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow (the Ferrari of my collection), as well as a Glock 19, a Glock 22 that I use as my nightstand gun and a little Ruger LC9s that I'll carry if I know I'm going someplace that I have to leave the gun in the car.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:25 PM 05-14-2019
I've got the two 1911s, the CZ 75 compact, a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow (the Ferrari of my collection), as well as a Glock 19, a Glock 22 that I use as my nightstand gun and a little Ruger LC9s that I'll carry if I know I'm going someplace that I have to leave the gun in the car.
CZ intruges me too. Hear nothing but good things about that manufacturer.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:31 PM 05-14-2019
CZ intruges me too. Hear nothing but good things about that manufacturer.
This is my baby. Favorite gun by far. Can't recommend it highly enough. Trigger is awesome, low bore axis reduces recoil/muzzle flip, accurate as fuck. It is all steel so that does increase the weight, but so what? Love it.

[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:00 PM 05-15-2019
I bought a 9mm a couple of years ago just to keep in my car, nothing too expensive. I picked up a new SAR K2P at a local store (Rural King) for $279.99, it's made in Turkey and imported by EAA out of Cocoa Beach, not far from here. It holds 17 rounds. I put a small Hogue rubber grip around the handle, it feels good. Here's one for $249 online.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-sar-k...l#.XNxsho5KiM8

If you're in Florida, Rural King is advertising the SAR B6P for $223, it's very similar but I believe it only holds 13 rounds and is slightly smaller. The website is out, but check the stores for a cheap reliable 9mm.

https://www.rkguns.com/eaa-sar-b6p-9...ol-400424.html

[Reply]
srvy 03:44 PM 05-15-2019
1911 guys...need some help, I'm in the market....but so may choices. Ideally I'd like to keep it under $1K and in an Officer or Commander model.

I have been looking at RIA, Remington and Ruger. Kimber is out of the question...anyone have any experience with any of the brands above?
I have a Springfield Armory 45 acp Range Officer that I really like. It can be had for well under a grand.
[Reply]
tatorhog 04:08 PM 05-15-2019
I came across a Eotech Vudu 1x6 a few days ago. I don't really have anything to mount it on at the moment. Any suggestions?

I have a few lesser ARs that are good enough for me, but they all have optics and/or sights on them already. I'm kind of fond of the Ruger Precision rifles I have one in 6.5 creedmoor, but hadn't really thought of the 223 in that. Anybody shot one, and if so what are your thoughts? I really don't want to shell out for Daniel, kac, or anything along those lines.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:27 PM 05-15-2019
1911 guys...need some help, I'm in the market....but so may choices. Ideally I'd like to keep it under $1K and in an Officer or Commander model.

I have been looking at RIA, Remington and Ruger. Kimber is out of the question...anyone have any experience with any of the brands above?
I hear ya about Kimber. Heard many of the same horror stories.

I have two Ruger LWT CMD 1911s, one in .45 auto and the other in 9mm. Great general purpose guns. They eat everything; fmj, hps, ballistic tips, cast, reloads, etc. My 9mm is more forgiving about reloads than my Glock 19!

For slightly more money you can get the Ruger Nightwatchman (CMD) 1911 w/nitride finish (black) and tritium night sights (about $950).

I would also recommend Colt. If you get into 1911s, eventually you're going to want a Colt, so might as well scratch that itch right off the bat. And they make a really nice 1911 now.

If you're willing to go a little over $1K, I'd heartily recommend a S&W 1911 SC-E bobtail. Bought one of these back when they first became available, and is absolutely my favorite 1911. Comes with night sights, a target grade barrel, 25 line/inch serrations, etc. Or you can find one used for about $8-900.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:57 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I hear ya about Kimber. Heard many of the same horror stories.

I have two Ruger LWT CMD 1911s, one in .45 auto and the other in 9mm. Great general purpose guns. They eat everything; fmj, hps, ballistic tips, cast, reloads, etc. My 9mm is more forgiving about reloads than my Glock 19!

For slightly more money you can get the Ruger Nightwatchman (CMD) 1911 w/nitride finish (black) and tritium night sights (about $950).

I would also recommend Colt. If you get into 1911s, eventually you're going to want a Colt, so might as well scratch that itch right off the bat. And they make a really nice 1911 now.

If you're willing to go a little over $1K, I'd heartily recommend a S&W 1911 SC-E bobtail. Bought one of these back when they first became available, and is absolutely my favorite 1911. Comes with night sights, a target grade barrel, 25 line/inch serrations, etc. Or you can find one used for about $8-900.
Excellent info. I saw the Ruger Nightwatchman and it's on my list of firearms to collect. I figured I'll eventually get a Colt...but dang those guys are expensive. I was at the gun shop today and saw a 1911 ( I have no idea what brand) listed at $3,200 I held my breath and walked away..:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:24 PM 05-15-2019
Excellent info. I saw the Ruger Nightwatchman and it's on my list of firearms to collect. I figured I'll eventually get a Colt...but dang those guys are expensive. I was at the gun shop today and saw a 1911 ( I have no idea what brand) listed at $3,200 I held my breath and walked away..:-)
Those high end 1911s are like Italian sports cars. They're great when they run, but tend to break down a lot. I wouldn't trust my life with one.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:48 PM 05-15-2019
Those high end 1911s are like Italian sports cars. They're great when they run, but tend to break down a lot. I wouldn't trust my life with one.

I mean For Real.....I'm trying to wrap my head around it....it's like owning a faberge egg - pretty to look at, but that's it.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:43 AM 05-16-2019
From Ed Brown to Wilson Combat - and everyone in between - there are a boatload of custom builders out there.

I LOVE the 1911 platform and always have. Carry one all the time. However, believe it or not, I carry one of two 1911s - a Springfield 1911-A1 or a Sig Sauer P220 - both in .45.

I paid $500 for the Springfield and $525 for the Sig. I would trust my life with either pistol.

Unfortunately, for me at least, $3,000 PLUS for a custom build makes no sense to me. I mean, yes, they are absolutely beautiful, but practical? Not for me.
[Reply]
tatorhog 09:30 AM 05-16-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
From Ed Brown to Wilson Combat - and everyone in between - there are a boatload of custom builders out there.

I LOVE the 1911 platform and always have. Carry one all the time. However, believe it or not, I carry one of two 1911s - a Springfield 1911-A1 or a Sig Sauer P220 - both in .45.

I paid $500 for the Springfield and $525 for the Sig. I would trust my life with either pistol.

Unfortunately, for me at least, $3,000 PLUS for a custom build makes no sense to me. I mean, yes, they are absolutely beautiful, but practical? Not for me.
A good friend of mine chases those high end 1911's. He's big into Nighthawk and Guncrafter. He was into Wilson but I guess they "done him wrong" or something. I never could wrap my head around the prices he paid, then would take a loss to sell it so he could buy another high end toy. They are some pretty damn nice examples of custom work though, I will say that.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:07 AM 05-16-2019
The problem is those pistols are literally made too good. The tolerances are so tight that if something is off by a fraction of a millimeter it can make the gun fail.

They are works of art, though. But my $1100 Sig is pretty too, and it goes bang every time I pull the trigger.
[Reply]
Page 149 of 341
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159199249 > Last »
Up