Saw on Twitter. No bullshit. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:14 PM 08-07-2020
I'm there dude

Hell yeah

I'd drive to Texas just for a Whataburger
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:14 PM 08-07-2020
good and they're hefty, the burger in-bag is heavy for only a sandwich.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:15 PM 08-07-2020
Count me as someone who was also disappointed in In N Out the first and only time I had it last year. Freddy’s is the best in my opinion.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:20 PM 08-07-2020
Problem with In N Out is people won't shut up about it like it is mecca even though there are literally hundreds of boutique burger joints with knock your socks off good burgers all over LA
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:23 PM 08-07-2020
Back in the early 90s Livesteam and I hit one up in Norman, OK and thought they were pretty fucking good. But I imagine like anything else they've starting skimping over the years, but I'll give them a try again when I'm in KC.

On a side note, if you ever happen to have the misfortune to find yourself in, or passing through Omaha, find a Don and Millie's. They're a local chain that far and away has the best burgers I've ever had anywhere...whether we're talking sit down, fast food or anything in between.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:27 PM 08-07-2020
Is this a “omg $14 1/8 lb burger and fry” place ?

Never been.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 09:30 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Boo this man.
I’m saying this as someone who just had to try Whata within a week of moving to Texas to see what the hype was about. You’ve got plenty of better options already in KC.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:35 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Back in the early 90s Livesteam and I hit one up in Norman, OK and thought they were pretty ****ing good. But I imagine like anything else they've starting skimping over the years, but I'll give them a try again when I'm in KC.

On a side note, if you ever happen to have the misfortune to find yourself in, or passing through Omaha, find a Don and Millie's. They're a local chain that far and away has the best burgers I've ever had anywhere...whether we're talking sit down, fast food or anything in between.

Similar to Mr. Goodcemts sammich place here locally. Back in the 90s.....awesome. Now, it’s $10 bucks for some bread and a pound of lettuce with three slices of turkey,.

Goodcents blows ass since the middle easterners bought it about a decade or ore ago.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:35 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
I’m saying this as someone who just had to try Whata within a week of moving to Texas to see what the hype was about. You’ve got plenty of better options already in KC.
When you hear over and over how great some particular restaurant is, it's almost inevitable that you'll set yourself up to an expectation that it will never live up to.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:38 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Similar to Mr. Goodcemts sammich place here locally. Back in the 90s.....awesome. Now, it’s $10 bucks for some bread and a pound of lettuce with three slices of turkey,.

Goodcents blows ass since the middle easterners bought it about a decade or ore ago.
Hell I remember when Subway first came out, their sandwiches were fantastic. The cut the bread with a V-channel down the center and loaded them up, and it was all top quality. Then once they built their reputation, they slowly cheapened them up every possible way they could.
[Reply]
scho63 09:39 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Mahomes effect. Expect many other new luxuries coming to the KC area over the next decade.
:-)

If you consider Whataburger a luxury, you need to travel the country a little more son.
[Reply]
AustinChief 09:42 PM 08-07-2020
Whataburger is a solid burger but nothing super special. However... after 11pm you can get the taquitos and those are beyond reproach. (sausage egg and cheese is the best of them)

[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:05 PM 08-07-2020
We need a couple places from Des Moines to migrate down to KC. Specifically, Zombie Burger and Tasty Tacos.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:13 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
We need a couple places from Des Moines to migrate down to KC. Specifically, Zombie Burger and Tasty Tacos.
I love the DSM. Best bike trail network in the midwest, awesome riverfront, breweries and lots of great places to eat all over the metro area. I've hit up Tasty Tacos several times but still haven't been to Zombie Burger. Brickyard Burgers in Adel is solid, we stop in there almost every time we're up that way.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:26 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Hell I remember when Subway first came out, their sandwiches were fantastic. The cut the bread with a V-channel down the center and loaded them up, and it was all top quality. Then once they built their reputation, they slowly cheapened them up every possible way they could.
Subway was my first job back in the mid 90s when that much superior v-cut was still a thing. After they switched to the side slice I’d ask for the old way for a time. I eventually gave up on it as it reached the point where I had to start explaining what I was wanting.

It just is so much better at keeping all the goodies in the sandwich.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up