ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 22
« First < 91516171819 202122 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Lucas Niang opts out...
pugsnotdrugs19 07:46 AM 08-06-2020
https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...407051781?s=21

Damn.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:45 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Are these new CP buzzwords? I haven't logged on much lately. Anyways LMK!!

[Reply]
Chargem 03:57 AM 08-08-2020
I'd rather have a season of questionable "scrub football" than no season at all. Whoever wins this one, there will always be an asterisk on it so I am glad the Chiefs got theirs last year.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:34 AM 08-08-2020
Deion speaks out.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...o-opt-out/amp/

“All Players OPTING out in all sports PLEASE BELIEVE the game will go on without u,” Sanders said on Twitter. “This is a business & don’t u EVER forget that. There’s NO ONE that’s bigger than the game itself. Only the ref, umps & officials are that important that u can’t play without them. NOT YOU! #Truth.”
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Chiefs were Bottom 5 in sacks allowed.

Sometimes, shit just happens.
It’s like people haven’t actually discovered than football in 2020 is different than the days of Martyball.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:40 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I'd rather have a season of questionable "scrub football" than no season at all. Whoever wins this one, there will always be an asterisk on it so I am glad the Chiefs got theirs last year.
Nope. I’d rather have no season at all than a season of XFL. That being said, it doesn’t look like there will be any difference in the number of truly blue chip players out their, including pretty much every Chiefs pro bowler, so the chances of it being “scrub” football are low.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:42 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Deion speaks out.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...o-opt-out/amp/

“All Players OPTING out in all sports PLEASE BELIEVE the game will go on without u,” Sanders said on Twitter. “This is a business & don’t u EVER forget that. There’s NO ONE that’s bigger than the game itself. Only the ref, umps & officials are that important that u can’t play without them. NOT YOU! #Truth.”
That’s just dumb. None of these players have said the game can’t go on without them. Literally none of them think that. So to say it just tilting at windmills.

On the flip side, if Damien Williams plays and his mom dies from complications of COVID, neither him nor his mother just “move on”.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:10 PM 08-08-2020

Prominent industry source: "I think by the end of the week the fall sports will be postponed in all conferences."

— Pat Forde (@ByPatForde) August 8, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:18 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
College athletics will fundamentally change in the next 12-18 months due to the "Image & Likeness" ruling and the fact that universities earn billions of dollars from unpaid athletes who are finally standing up for their rights.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the entire post-high school educational model completely crumble to the ground in the next 3 to 5 years, especially since universities across the country are still charging full rate (and in some cases, like USC, Ivy League, etc., in excess of $60K per year) for an Online Education.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:21 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That’s just dumb. None of these players have said the game can’t go on without them. Literally none of them think that. So to say it just tilting at windmills.

On the flip side, if Damien Williams plays and his mom dies from complications of COVID, neither him nor his mother just “move on”.
I have no idea why anyone pays any attention to what Dieon Sanders has to say about, well, anything.

I've tried watching his Sunday night wrap up show but his comments are so incredibly off-base that it's like watching the ramblings of a man with dementia.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:35 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Your "logic" is hilariously stupid.

Damien Williams playing football this year and keeping his mom safe were not mutually exclusive scenarios.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:43 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Your "logic" is hilariously stupid.

Damien Williams playing football this year and keeping his mom safe were not mutually exclusive scenarios.
That’s your opinion. Nobody agrees on how dangerous this pandemic is so he’s trying to be safe since his mother has stage 4 cancer.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:05 AM 08-09-2020
So he’s definitely got the playbook and has already gone through team activities before he opted out. He’ll have a year to learn the basics while healing his hip.

This isn’t any different than Travis Kelce getting injured and missing his entire rookie season.

Before making his decision, Lucas Niang participated in all of the Chiefs’ training camp activities. He opted out of the season for family concerns amid the coronavirus pandemic.

As with Laurent Duvernay-Tardif & Damien Williams, the Chiefs fully support Lucas’ decision.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) August 6, 2020

[Reply]
Chiefaholic 05:55 PM 08-09-2020
I respect the decision of Lucas, but selfishly wish he had played to get a year under his belt before taking over a starting position next season. The Chiefs can open op $11.5 million in cap space by cutting Fisher in '21. This set us back a year and puts us in a pickle with future cap space.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:01 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This isn’t any different than Travis Kelce getting injured and missing his entire rookie season.
Except for the fact that Kelce was still connected with the Chiefs during his injured rookie season... in attendance at the team facility, participating in team meetings, conditioning/rehab and having regular contact with the coaches.

Niang will be completely cut off from the organization as part of the opt out exile.

You are apparently still too stupid to grasp that difference.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:10 PM 08-09-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
I respect the decision of Lucas, but selfishly wish he had played to get a year under his belt before taking over a starting position next season. The Chiefs can open op $11.5 million in cap space by cutting Fisher in '21. This set us back a year and puts us in a pickle with future cap space.
Not sure why everyone is so excited to get rid of him. Chiefs were undefeated with him in the lineup during our superbiwl season. You can always figure out ways to make cap room. Veach is a magicician.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 22
« First < 91516171819 202122 >
Up