ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Bands you regret not seeing live
Steron 02:47 PM 07-30-2020
DJJasonp thought this might be a good topic for a thread. I listed these in the First Concert thread. Figured it might be easier to break them out of the other thread. I'm sure there are more that I will come up with later.

In no order:
Van Halen with David Lee Roth
Journey
Motley Crue
Guns N' Roses
Kid Rock
Ozzy
White Zombie
Bengals
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 PM 07-30-2020
Wish I would have seen Heaven and Hell in 2009. Nobody thought Ronnie would die less than a year later.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:10 PM 07-30-2020
Tom Petty.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:23 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Best concert - Billy Squire opening for Queen

I've seen Neil Young several times but I was kicking myself when I was a day late to see him play impromptu at a small Palo Alto bar. Damn.
Funny story about Neil Young. For a few months in 1985, my friend Chris was stationed at Hampton AFB while I was on my ship in nearby Norfolk. The night Foreigner was going to be in town, Crosby Stills Nash & Young were also in the area at another venue. Chris wanted to see them, but I wanted to see Foreigner, and since I had a car and he didn't, I won. So he went to the Foreigner concert with me, but grumbled and bitched about missing CSNY all night. Then Young left the band, and he grumbled and bitched about missing the chance to see them all together for years afterward. So when CSNY reunited back in the 2000s, I got us tickets to see them in Chicago. Their performance was pedestrian at best, and he didn't really care for it, either. But at least he finally stopped whining about it. :-)
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:48 PM 07-30-2020
The Who
Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Alice Cooper
ELO
AC/DC with Bon Scott (seen them with Brian Johnson)
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:57 PM 07-30-2020
I can honestly say that I have seen every band that I wanted to at one time or another. Bands that I don't particularly care for - blah......

My last concert to see was my personal favorite Joe Cocker (RIP). He toured with Steve Miller - and I went to the John during his set.

Saw Robin Trower in Saint Louis - damned fine show.

Believe it or not, Trans Siberian Orchestra is one of the better shows I have seen......
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:03 PM 07-30-2020
Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Queen (had tickets in '75 in St. Pete and show was cancelled by fire marshal)
AC/DC with either singer
Tom Petty
Ronnie James Dio

I did see Journey with Steve Perry '80 (very good)
Foreigner in '82 (very good)
Pink Floyd in '88 (wasn't as good as I hoped)
Boston with Brad Delp '95 (was very good)
Billy Squier '82 (not good - blown by the opening act Saga)
Jethro Tull in '72 (one of the best shows ever)
[Reply]
eDave 09:09 PM 07-30-2020
Roger Waters is a hell of a show though. I grab a drink when he does his little speech.
[Reply]
Frosty 09:15 PM 07-30-2020
I would have liked to see The Cure and Siouxsie and the Banshees in the early 80s when they were in their full goth mode. I did try to see Siouxsie in the later 80s but she was sick and the show was cancelled. I have also seen The Cure but it was in the early 90s on the Wish tour.

Zeppelin, especially around the Houses of the Holy release. I was 10, though.

I would have loved to see Rainbow with Dio. I saw Dio on the tour for his first solo album and I saw him with Black Sabbath (Mob Rules tour) and i saw Rainbow with Joe Lynn Turner (was even a really good show) but I never got to see Dio with Rainbow.

I would have liked to see Ozzy with Randy Rhodes. I have seen Ozzy a couple of times but the first was Bark at the Moon, so after Randy died. I would have liked to see Ozzy with Sabbath but I would have been way too young.

Don't laugh but I wish I had seen Neil Diamond in his prime. I have heard from multiple people that his shows were a lot of fun.

Another would be Emmylou Harris when she had the Hot Band.

Pink Floyd on the Animals or Wall tour.

I've seen most of my other top bands. The only other one I never got a chance was Thin White Rope. I think they would have been fun to see but I never saw a chance to see them (lived in the Portland area at the time).
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:21 PM 07-30-2020
I agree about Neil Diamond, 1976 would be the year.

[Reply]
Frazod 09:33 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Roger Waters is a hell of a show though. I grab a drink when he does his little speech.
I realize that I don't agree politically with most of the musicians I like. I'm sure I wouldn't last more than a couple of minutes in a conversation with Don Henley. But despite how much Henley would likely despise me personally, he also realizes that it's people like me who pay to hear him sing, so he knows better than to tell me how much he thinks I suck between songs in his concerts. Waters doesn't.

I'm not putting money in his pocket.
[Reply]
scho63 09:33 PM 07-30-2020
Led Zeppelin
[Reply]
scho63 09:33 PM 07-30-2020
Original Kiss
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:47 PM 07-30-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Don't laugh but I wish I had seen Neil Diamond in his prime. I have heard from multiple people that his shows were a lot of fun.
I saw him in 1977 and he was very good. Very engaging with the audience.
[Reply]
EPodolak 09:47 PM 07-30-2020
In no particular order:
Jimi Hendrix Experience
Led Zeppelin
Cream
Pink Floyd
The Beatles, not in concert, but composing and recording in the studio.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:59 PM 07-30-2020
Tom Petty
Stone Temple Pilots (Weiland)
Cornell
Turnpike Troubadours
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up