ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>HBO Max
RunKC 09:21 AM 10-31-2019
Anyone see this yesterday? I’m excited for their lineup.

HBO vault
DC comics
Warner Bros vault
Adult Swim
Studio Ghibli-complete anime vault
Looney Tunes/Cartoon Network/Hanna Barbera vault
New HBO originals

They also paid half a billion for South Park :-)

Netflix is gonna have to work harder to keep up
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:31 PM 05-29-2020
This is what, their 3rd iteration of a streaming platform?

HBO Go
HBO Now
HBO Max
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:56 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This is what, their 3rd iteration of a streaming platform?

HBO Go
HBO Now
HBO Max
HBOGo is for people with a TV subscription, HBO NOW is a standalone and now it's just HBO Max, which is just really stupid on behalf of AT&T.

They should have given their new service a completely different name and offered it separately from HBO for like $6.99, then the full bundle for $12.99 or even $14.99.

The overwhelming majority of people that subscribe to HBO do so because of their original content, not because they want to watch every episode of Friends ad infinitum.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:13 PM 05-31-2020
#releasetheAyercut

This was reshot because the tone was “too dark” - My first act was a normally constructed film. I took my inspiration from Nolan. There were real scenes with incredible acting between Jared and Margot. Joker was terrifying. Harley was complex. https://t.co/KeJHmI6EA7

— David Ayer (@DavidAyerMovies) May 30, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 05-31-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
#releasetheAyercut
I couldn't care less about this movie and have never seen it but AT&T should fork over whatever Ayers needs to achieve his vision because they sure as hell aren't offering much of anything else on HBO "Max".
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:05 PM 05-31-2020
Half a billion for southpark? LOL the animations look so childish. HBO got ripped off.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:13 PM 05-31-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I couldn't care less about this movie and have never seen it but AT&T should fork over whatever Ayers needs to achieve his vision because they sure as hell aren't offering much of anything else on HBO "Max".
I thought it was good. I don’t know why people disliked it so much?

I guess WB thought it was originally took dark and added comedy in to it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:54 PM 05-31-2020
Allegedly had a worse launch than Quibi.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:26 PM 05-31-2020
They better find them another "Game of Thrones" fast.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:24 AM 06-01-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
They better find them another "Game of Thrones" fast.
Adding 4k in 2020 would also be nice.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:16 PM 08-07-2020
Uh oh Dane. Shake up at Warner’s. Probably due to HBO Max.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...turing-1306486
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:35 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Uh oh Dane. Shake up at Warner’s. Probably due to HBO Max.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...turing-1306486
Since being acquired by AT&T, Warners has been a complete and utter mess. Their last known trajectory was to begin skewing TruTV, TBS and TNT away from scripted programming and towards Reality TV, with HBO Max taking over the majority of scripted programming but I have no idea whether or not that will continue.

I don't think that Jason Kilar is a good choice to oversee and run this new version of the company but we'll see. If he's smart, the first thing he should do is settle with Amazon and Roku, which make up more than 80% of the HBO Max audience but again, we'll see.

I wouldn't feel too good today if I was employed over there...
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:56 PM 08-07-2020
Yeah. It’s intergallactically stupid that HBOGO was on my fire stick and max isn’t. At least don’t mothball GO until you figure it out.

The fucks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:00 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. It’s intergallactically stupid that HBOGO was on my fire stick and max isn’t. At least don’t mothball GO until you figure it out.

The fucks.
HBO GO is gone. HBO Now is still available on some devices but it only displays HBO content, not HBO Max content.

AT&T is clueless.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:04 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
HBO GO is gone. HBO Now is still available on some devices but it only displays HBO content, not HBO Max content.

AT&T is clueless.
Yeah. I just have no idea why they’d mothball GO until they got max figured out
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:11 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. I just have no idea why they’d mothball GO until they got max figured out
It's ridiculous.

HBO GO is for people that subscribe through a 3rd party company, such as Direct TV, Spectrum, etc. while HBO Now was for consumers that purchased it as a standalone app.

Now, people like me, who've subscribed to HBO for 30 years and have used the app to watch any programs I'd like to see at any time, have no access, which affects six Roku TV's in my home.

Fortunately, I have an X Box One in my family room and the HBO Max app works just fine. We have an Apple TV box, which was given to us by a friend that won it but didn't need it, but it's 3rd Generation and doesn't support HBO Max, either.

It's like HBO Max doesn't even care about its customers and don't even care that they're losing hundreds of millions of dollars by not coming to an agreement with Roku and Amazon.

I can't think of a more poorly run studio in 2020. Even CBS/Viacom has their shit together and is planning to expand their online presence big time with a new and updated service.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up