ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>DeAndre Baker and Quinton Dunbar accused of Armed Robbery
Sassy Squatch 05:21 PM 05-14-2020
https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/14/deand...iants-seahawks

Cops say Baker and Dunbar were allegedly hanging at a cookout when an argument broke out and Baker whipped out a semi-automatic firearm.

Cops say Dunbar assisted in taking watches and other valuables at the direction of Baker.

At one point, cops say Baker directed a 3rd man -- who was wearing a red mask -- to shoot someone who had just walked into the party ... but fortunately, no one was shot.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:35 AM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I mean...I doubt even a slouch like Gettleman outright releases the player and the commissioner puts him on his list if the kid didn’t make a horrible mistake, but it’s possible. All I care about is what he does from this point forward.
People need to remember that these are kids. They do dumb stuff.

If I had tons of money and people all telling me how great I was when I was 22, I'm sure I would've done some dumb shit and might've gotten in trouble that would've had other people scratching their heads.

The Giants entire organization is clearly in disarray, and I'm not too overly worried about anyone's attitude in THAT building.

I'm interested in what happens NOW. I'm confident that in THIS building, with this coaching staff and teammates like Mathieu to show Baker how to be a professional and get his shit together that he will and we'll be talking about this all a year from now as what a steal we got.
[Reply]
verbaljitsu 12:40 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
So technically he's still probably guilty?
I understand what you mean, but you have this absolutely backwards. All people in the United States of America are presumed innocent until proven guilty. These charges were dismissed, meaning there is no way that he can ever be proven guilty. That means he is innocent, as he always was, even when charged with the crime. Sorry to be pedantic, but this norm is eroding, and we need it more than ever.

Factually, did he do something wrong? I don't know, because I have not examined any of the evidence. However, it is against the Professional Rules of Ethics that attorneys are required to follow to offer a civil settlement to resolve a criminal case, and could be the basis of an extortion charge in some jurisdictions (and is the basis in this case). It is not a common behavior of witnesses (or their agents) to make such offers and lends credibility to the notion that the whole thing could have been a set up.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:00 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by verbaljitsu:
I understand what you mean, but you have this absolutely backwards. All people in the United States of America are presumed innocent until proven guilty. These charges were dismissed, meaning there is no way that he can ever be proven guilty. That means he is innocent, as he always was, even when charged with the crime. Sorry to be pedantic, but this norm is eroding, and we need it more than ever.

Factually, did he do something wrong? I don't know, because I have not examined any of the evidence. However, it is against the Professional Rules of Ethics that attorneys are required to follow to offer a civil settlement to resolve a criminal case, and could be the basis of an extortion charge in some jurisdictions (and is the basis in this case). It is not a common behavior of witnesses (or their agents) to make such offers and lends credibility to the notion that the whole thing could have been a set up.
Agreed.
[Reply]
TRR 04:18 PM 11-19-2020
Signing is now official. Signed to the practice squad, and KC released WR Chad Williams. I’d like to see a long term deal.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:21 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
Signing is now official. Signed to the practice squad, and KC released WR Chad Williams. I’d like to see a long term deal.
:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:22 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
There is no reason to sign him to a long term deal.

If the Chiefs sign him, he's their property until his 4th year in the league and because he's already missed at least 10 games this season, they may have him for another 3 full years because he hasn't fully vested this season.

They wouldn't receive a Comp Pick if they cut him or signed him to a one year deal because he'd be subject to waivers. Now, he could sign with different team while on the Practice Squad, if they were offer him more money than the Chiefs and the Chiefs refuse to match, but they'd receive zero compensation.
[Reply]
TRR 04:47 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

If the Chiefs sign him, he's their property until his 4th year in the league and because he's already missed at least 10 games this season, they may have him for another 3 full years because he hasn't fully vested this season.

They wouldn't receive a Comp Pick if they cut him or signed him to a one year deal because he'd be subject to waivers. Now, he could sign with different team while on the Practice Squad, if they were offer him more money than the Chiefs and the Chiefs refuse to match, but they'd receive zero compensation.
:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 12:49 AM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

It’s possible he was signed to the practice squad because if he’s on the 53 the last 7 games, he’d be vested.

I think you may be onto something here.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:59 AM 11-20-2020
Hopefully, he can turn his life around and be a solid player for us.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:05 AM 11-20-2020
We live in a world now where we have Super Bowl rings, the MVP, stars at every position, and now recent first-round picks fall into our laps. Drink up, gentlemen, because this will someday be the good old days.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:17 AM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
We live in a world now where we have Super Bowl rings, the MVP, stars at every position, and now recent first-round picks fall into our laps. Drink up, gentlemen, because this will someday be the good old days.
DeAndre Baker was also drafted 1 pick after what was supposed to be the Chiefs pick that they traded away for Frank Clark.
[Reply]
thabear04 10:18 AM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Who ever thought that would be all true the years we seen this team ups and downs with different QBs.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up