ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is there a good attorny in NE?
Holladay 10:51 AM 09-26-2020
This post got to political
[Reply]
candyman 08:49 AM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by hometeam:
I mean OP is a dipshit, but it looks like you wanted in on that action too.
I've been learning well from the libs in the DC forum
[Reply]
Eureka 04:31 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
I've been learning well from the libs in the DC forum
Not true. The NFL is littered with AA who have received DUI’s.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:47 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Thanks.

I was not here for sympathy just advice. Was I wrong, YUP. Can I give excuses, YUP. They don't fly in my book.

A bad situation made by me. Agreed. And AGAIN, we don't have Uber nor ANY taxi's.

I was only looking for some sound legal representation.

My bad for "venting", not, on CP. I should have known better.

Peace, Out.
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Get an attorney. It will mitigate the lasting effects of the DUI. Especially if this is your first offense.

And learn from it. It seems like you have/are.
Yep. Lawyer up to the best of your ability. They may have made a process error that could be used to your advantage. Even if they didn’t, Duncan is correct that a good DUI attorney can minimize whatever can be minimized.

No matter what, the sun will come out tomorrow. Deal with it and move on. Good luck.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:28 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Yep. Lawyer up to the best of your ability. They may have made a process error that could be used to your advantage. Even if they didn’t, Duncan is correct that a good DUI attorney can minimize whatever can be minimized.

No matter what, the sun will come out tomorrow. Deal with it and move on. Good luck.
Didn’t mean to thumbs down you. My bad.

There is a lot of Recs for attorneys. And one of the dudes in town got one and is getting an attorney. I thought DUI was pretty cut and dried. What’s the probability that an attorney changes anything?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:21 PM 09-27-2020
I have walked from two. This was about 15-20 years ago. I know the strings are tightened pretty tight now.

MO State charge: Faulty testing procedure (outdated control sample) charges dismissed. No mandatory suspension.

Municipal charge: This was a plea bargain (who your atty knows), pay $550 fine for 10MPH speeding ticket. MO mandatory loss of license for 30 days*. Agree to take alcohol awareness course and 20 hours community service. (assembling stuff at Goodwill. Charges dismissed)

*Attorney advised that I buy a beater, put liability on it as you had to show proof of ins. and I swear the state sent my drivers record to them. My main insurance was never informed, never raised my rates, and my collector' cars insurance never changed either. I drove my regular cars as always.

Yes I suggest hiring an atty.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:

There is a lot of Recs for attorneys. And one of the dudes in town got one and is getting an attorney. I thought DUI was pretty cut and dried. What’s the probability that an attorney changes anything?

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 PM 09-27-2020
GEEZZ Does Chiefs Planet have to pile on everyone?
[Reply]
vailpass 08:18 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Frozenchief or one of our other attorneys are the ones to give you a much better answer than I can on your question.

Just from what I’ve seen over the years if you get hit with a DUI it’s usually your ass.
But I’ve also seen it where sometimes DUIs are somewhat negotiable as to the severity charged and sometimes are moved down to lesser charges. The guys I’ve known who went this route are older though, not in their twenties, and had solid representation.

No sweat on the thumbs down, I just would have figured it was from one of the resident nancy boys.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:25 PM 09-27-2020
If you don't bring $5K to the table, you are going to be a sacrificial lamb to the courts, another $5K for the system.

I'd say in CA you are fucked, maybe get forced psych. evaluation.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:02 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
All you assholes with your virtuous scolding this dude give it a rest. Dudes already been through the arrest and jail time. He's gonna have to go through the process and it sucks.

Sorry buddy been there but they have got these things pretty much stream lined. Good start wanting to get an attorney. Just don't ask about it here. Ask around find a local one.

Probably not going to get out of it, I'll be real honest. Hard to beat the charge on these things. However you never know, your attorney will hopefully be able to get you a diversion if it's your first one and as long as you we're not a total dick to the cops.

Lots of people have gone through the same thing man, plenty of people make the same mistake. All you can do is learn from it and move on like everything else. It's a process, eventually it will be behind you. Don't get too down on yourself.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

People who do things like this need to be scolded and shamed to facilitate learning, but most importantly the excuses and justifications they make for their bad behavior need to be shown to be the negative personal characteristics that they are. From saying it was just a business meeting to not many people on the roads to understating how much over he was it’s clear he was trying to minimize the situation. That’s a bigger problem than just the one act as it shows a resistance to self examination. Hopefully the beating he took here helped to facilitate change in his thought processes about this.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:25 PM 09-27-2020
Huh. I’d never even think to hire representation if I got tagged with a DUI.
[Reply]
Inspector 11:10 PM 09-27-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
He's at the Omaha Mall managing the Cinnabons.

Tell him Walter sent you.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:37 AM 09-28-2020
Get off your soap box ans take the baseball bat out of your ass

Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
People who do things like this need to be scolded and shamed to facilitate learning, but most importantly the excuses and justifications they make for their bad behavior need to be shown to be the negative personal characteristics that they are. From saying it was just a business meeting to not many people on the roads to understating how much over he was it’s clear he was trying to minimize the situation. That’s a bigger problem than just the one act as it shows a resistance to self examination. Hopefully the beating he took here helped to facilitate change in his thought processes about this.

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:31 AM 09-28-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Get off your soap box ans take the baseball bat out of your ass
Just because you've (hopefully) never injured or killed anyone with your reckless behavior doesn't mean it'll never happen.

If people don't want to be treated like children and shamed for doing stupid things, then maybe grow the fuck up? :-)
[Reply]
tatorhog 11:06 AM 09-28-2020
I know a guy who got a dui in that same county maybe 15-20 years ago (yikes, longer than I would have thought). He was from Falls City. At the end of the day, he was down a few thousand in cash and they put a blow tube on his truck for a year. He wasn't too thrilled with what happened to his insurance either. Everybody that could open his wallet, did.

Costly mistake. He learned his lesson from it and to the best of my knowledge hasn't done anything like it since.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:13 AM 09-28-2020
I grew up a long time ago,

I never blew over .10% (0.02 over legal limit) but I didn't stop driving home from the local dispensary because someone I didn't know got on his soapbox on a football bulletin board.

The law could go back forever and use my diverted DWI against me, my SO made me agree to spend a hundred bucks to get home instead of possibly losing my ability to drive legally. If I have a drink while out and about, I call my SO and if she can't pick me up, then I call a tow truck. Turn it in on your roadside assist. Just have it towed to a shop close to home and have the driver drop you off.....

The Penalties for a Second DUI or OWI Conviction in Indiana
A sentence of 6 months to 3 years in prison is possible along with fines and penalties of up to $10,000. Your driver's license will be suspended for a minimum of 180 days to 2 years as long as the first conviction was more than 5 years ago.
worse if less than 5 years.

Indiana invented the breathalyzer. Google it

I haven't driven a car or motorcycle after a drink in about 15 years maybe more. I ride my bicycle through the neighborhood (as I have a nationally recognized brewery about a mile away) or call my SO and have her pick me up. She likes getting out the Bimmer and playing UBER LUX with a kinky twist.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up