Page 111 of 121
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Derek Carr fucking sucks
staylor26 02:10 PM 12-10-2017
That is all
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:23 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Can we stop all the trade Carr talk? I don't see any team giving up draft picks for a player the team HAS to cut.
Don't under estimate the stupidity of some GM's... He will most likely get traded and worst case for a mid round pick...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 01-16-2023
Can we stop all the trade Carr talk? I don't see any team giving up draft picks for a player the team HAS to cut.
Someone will give up a 3rd for him. At worst.

Betting he gets a 2nd.

Wentz got traded when everyone knew he was getting cut. Smith got traded when everyone knew he was getting cut.

Carr will have trade value.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM 01-16-2023
The issue is people want to compare them to guys like Burrow or Mahomes.

Well, yeah, that's not what I'm looking for if I'm in this hunt. Same with Alex Smith.

I need a guy in here that plays to a baseline and lets me evaluate the rest of the situation and build it up and know what I have or need.

Now, I probably do or atleast should know I'm not winning a SB that way (unless the stars just align), but that's not my goal yet.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:33 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I dunno, if he'd be happy as a backup, I might flip him for a 7th.

He's better than Henne who at his age has to be about done anyway, and IDK if Buchele is the guy or not, but Carr is better than him. If he'll work for free and be part of something, I'd dump a 7th on him to keep him off the market.
Yeah but you get the contract with the player. He has a team option that comes due the Tuesday after the Super Bowl you are not going to pay 40M for a backup QB now are you?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:52 AM 01-16-2023
Yeah but you get the contract with the player. He has a team option that comes due the Tuesday after the Super Bowl you are not going to pay 40M for a backup QB now are you?
The Falcons have $60 million in cap space right now, with more guys signed for next season they have roster spots available for.

That's before another easy $10 million freed up by cutting Mariotta. A likely cut/restructure for Grady Jarret and they could either trade/cut Matthews and free up quite a bit more (upwards of $20 million depending on how they do it).

No, the Chiefs aren't gonna pay $40 million for a backup. But would Atlanta pay $33 million for a starter? Why the hell not? You give them Carr this year and they win the south. And with Brady gone next season, put Carr on that squad and it's almost a foregone conclusion.

Why wouldn't they pay that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:55 AM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Falcons have $60 million in cap space right now, with more guys signed for next season they have roster spots available for.

That's before another easy $10 million freed up by cutting Mariotta. A likely cut/restructure for Grady Jarret and they could either trade/cut Matthews and free up quite a bit more (upwards of $20 million depending on how they do it).

No, the Chiefs aren't gonna pay $40 million for a backup. But would Atlanta pay $33 million for a starter? Why the hell not? You give them Carr this year and they win the south. And with Brady gone next season, put Carr on that squad and it's almost a foregone conclusion.

Why wouldn't they pay that?
God...that Mariotta experiment made no fucking sense. And it made even less sense when they stuck with him at the end of the year. Ridder should have been in at the halfway point. See what the fuck he has FFS.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:01 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I was about to say what Razaele said.

The only way to get to the Bills or the Eagles or the Chiefs level is to draft and develop your own guy, likely taking a highly rated guy pretty early.

Otherwise, you have to build your team up ala the 9ers and have a guy steer the ship.
And the ironic thing is the 9ers have a third overall QB pick that they gave up a lot of draft capital to go get, not even playing...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:02 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
God...that Mariotta experiment made no fucking sense. And it made even less sense when they stuck with him at the end of the year. Ridder should have been in at the halfway point. See what the fuck he has FFS.
Wouldn't you like to see even 2 more games of Ridder coming into this off-season?

Because he got better every single game. And really, his last 2 games were legit starting caliber play - maybe even playoff caliber. And that was from a guy who hadn't figured out how to use his athleticism yet (which he clearly demonstrated in college).

You'd sure like to have seen if he could maintain or continue to build on that. Because there's a non-zero chance that he could give them anything Carr could, plus some added mobility. But his first 2 games of awful play and his last 2 games of really solid play just aren't enough to answer that question either way.

The experiment was okay - but it was so clearly not working by week 8 that it's just ridiculous that they didn't pivot.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:47 PM 01-16-2023
Carr has a no trade clause. Is he going to play ball with the team showing him the door like that?
[Reply]
Frosty 12:51 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just off the top of my head I think you have the Falcons, Panthers, Colts and Jets. The Lions would qualify, IMO, as would the Commanders. The Texans suck too hard to make that list. The Bears and Broncos might be pot-committed.
Patriots, too. IMO.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:03 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Carr has a no trade clause. Is he going to play ball with the team showing him the door like that?
We'll see if he's the good guy he's always put himself out there to be.

I'd shaft 'em myself. McBugel did him dirty IMHO.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:10 PM 01-16-2023
Carr is no different than Trent Green
[Reply]
jdubya 02:50 PM 01-16-2023
Article by Hondo Carpenter who has always had Carrs back and has always been a Carr fanboy. Great read:

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/the-b...els-mark-davis

"ENDERSON, Nev.-As with any divorce, there are always two sides to what went wrong, and usually, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

In doing my due diligence for this article, I spoke to multiple sources from the Raiders and others who gave me superb information about Derek Carr throughout my three years covering him and this team. I talked to numerous players about the situation and others who would lend credibility to the situation. Here is what I have learned.

After you read this, my goal is not to be happy for one side or the other, and my goal is to tell you the truth, so you can learn how complicated this past season was and why this divorce is better for Derek Carr and the Las Vegas Raiders."
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:56 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Patriots, too. IMO.
I don't think he'd have moved the needle for NE this year.

Might have made them a little better, but not enough to matter. Mac Jones is pretty similar and I don't see Carr excelling there. The issue in NE is more than their QB - they just lack offensive talent and don't have a viable offensive coaching staff.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:53 PM 01-16-2023
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Article by Hondo Carpenter who has always had Carrs back and has always been a Carr fanboy. Great read:

https://www.si.com/nfl/raiders/the-b...els-mark-davis

"ENDERSON, Nev.-As with any divorce, there are always two sides to what went wrong, and usually, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

In doing my due diligence for this article, I spoke to multiple sources from the Raiders and others who gave me superb information about Derek Carr throughout my three years covering him and this team. I talked to numerous players about the situation and others who would lend credibility to the situation. Here is what I have learned.

After you read this, my goal is not to be happy for one side or the other, and my goal is to tell you the truth, so you can learn how complicated this past season was and why this divorce is better for Derek Carr and the Las Vegas Raiders."
So the Chiefs broke them.

By putting it out there and then snatching it away, they gave the Raiders a tiny glimpse of hope and it really sent their season of the rails.

The number of times you see them reference that KC game is really just pretty damn surprising. They really did let one game torpedo the entire year and they are FIRMLY convinced that, had they won it, things would've been different.

KC really is an 800 lb gorilla at this point, either. Merely almost beating them is enough to throw everything into complete chaos.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 121
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115 > Last »
Up