Page 357 of 4829
« First < 257307347353354355356357 3583593603613674074578571357 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:40 PM 04-24-2016
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I highly doubt it. Listen to Dorsey's interview...he's talking about Hali and Ford holding it down till Houston comes back.

He seems to indicate that Houston might start out on PUP.
Sounded to me like he was speaking hypothetically, hence the "at the end of the day 50 is going to be there" part at the end.

He also said he was ahead of schedule. If he was at best going to miss half the season, do you really think they'd be guaranteeing him playing this early in the process?
[Reply]
staylor26 04-24-2016, 04:42 PM
This message has been deleted by staylor26. Reason: Double post
BossChief 05:15 PM 04-24-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Sounded to me like he was speaking hypothetically, hence the "at the end of the day 50 is going to be there" part at the end.

He also said he was ahead of schedule. If he was at best going to miss half the season, do you really think they'd be guaranteeing him playing this early in the process?
Dorsey also pulled out the "I'm not a doctor" line when asked if Houston was ahead of his 6 month timetable or the 12 month one.

The thing that's difficult about that is he said you'd have to ask the trainer about that...but before the trainer was interviewed, reporters were told he wouldn't be answering questions about JHs timetable for recovery.

When you connect all the dots, it sure seems like they are preparing for Houston to start the year on PUP, which iirc is a minimum of 6 weeks.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:45 PM 04-24-2016
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Dorsey also pulled out the "I'm not a doctor" line when asked if Houston was ahead of his 6 month timetable or the 12 month one.

The thing that's difficult about that is he said you'd have to ask the trainer about that...but before the trainer was interviewed, reporters were told he wouldn't be answering questions about JHs timetable for recovery.

When you connect all the dots, it sure seems like they are preparing for Houston to start the year on PUP, which iirc is a minimum of 6 weeks.
I don't know man. They sound more optimistic about Houston than they did about Poe and Berry, and look how that turned out.

This guy is a freak just like Miller, Harris, AP etc., why can't he continue the trend of these guys coming back from injuries ridiculously fast?
[Reply]
Hydrae 06:57 PM 04-24-2016
The start of the season is still 4+ months away. I think it is a little hard to predict where Houston will be with his recovery by that point and to try to actually do so would be foolhardy.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:06 AM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I'm laughing because you somehow think your chirping about the defending super bowl champ means anything to anyone. A team that has ownedthe West for half a decade, been to two super bowls in the years and has a top winning percentage. You've no clue how pathetic you sound but keep barking little dog.
I'm watching you roll around...on fire. Keep rationalizing..it's interesting. That team nearly missed the play-offs...and had the second best, head-to-head record within it's own division.. Don't confuse corporate manipulation/international branding campaign for talent...

Talib seems dumb-founded that 2015 Broncos aren't really getting respect. The reason that isn't happening is every objective critic/fan knew it was a 50th anniversary marketing sham. Manning didn't even give a shit...he just thanked his business interests and rolled off into the sunset.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:09 AM 04-25-2016
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm watching you roll around...on fire. Keep rationalizing..it's interesting. That team nearly missed the play-offs...and had the second best, head-to-head record within it's own division.. Don't confuse corporate manipulation/international branding campaign for talent...

Talib seems dumb-founded that 2015 Broncos aren't really getting respect. The reason that isn't happening is every objective critic/fan knew it was a 50th anniversary marketing sham. Manning didn't even give a shit...he just thanked his business interests and rolled off into the sunset.
Ahhh... that's some deep stuff right there. Deep.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:59 AM 04-25-2016
I think Houston will play week one. He's highly motivated.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:37 AM 04-26-2016

I love how Andrew Brandt and Joe Banner spend a good two or three minutes just GUSHING about how good John Elway is at his job :-). Brandt even said him and Banner sound like they're in a John Elway fan club.

(They start talking about Elway at the 29:50 mark)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:31 AM 04-26-2016
What has he done other than buying the league darling???
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:30 AM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
What has he done other than buying the league darling???

SB 50 Lombardi Trophy is back from engraving shop and is now on display in front lobby of UCHealth Training Center. pic.twitter.com/X1Tcl4kynF

— Erich Schubert (@schube13) April 26, 2016

[Reply]
New World Order 12:04 PM 04-26-2016
Elway was able to build a defense signing marquee free agents because he had a lot of cap room to work with. His studs weren't draft picks with the exception of Von.

It obviously worked, but that pretty much sums it up.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:13 PM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Elway was able to build a defense signing marquee free agents because he had a lot of cap room to work with. His studs weren't draft picks with the exception of Von.

He basically bought his team bc players wanted to play for Manning. This is obviously not the case anymore.

Elway has had as bad of an offseason as anyone.
[Reply]
O.city 12:17 PM 04-26-2016
He brought in ware, Talib and ward on that d, the rest he built from the draft, no?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:21 PM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:

The only Free Agents we signed on defense were Stewart, Talib, Ware, and TJ Ward.

Everybody else was drafted by Elway or signed as an UDFA.

(Brandon Marshall wasn't but he was scooped up off the waiver wire and developed on our practice squad)
[Reply]
RunKC 12:32 PM 04-26-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
He brought in ware, Talib and ward on that d, the rest he built from the draft, no?
5 best players on that team over the past few years:

Manning
Miller
Talib
Ware
Sanders

Elway spent money and now he's doing the same thing with the OL. His drafting is pretty damn bad. Yes he got Malik Jackson and Chris Harris, but he's had major flops or average at best draft picks.

Sylvester Williams
Cody Latimer
Montee Ball
Brock Osweiler
Orlando Franklin
Rahim Moore
Danny Trevathan-dude sucks. He was an average player who looked better by his surrounding cast
Michael Schofield

Good God. Not counting last year's draft due to only one season, his 2013 and 2014 drafts gave him a good nickel CB surrounded by crap.

Manning made the OL look way better than the garbage it was just like he did in Indy.
Without Manning you aren't seeing all these talented big name guys coming in for discounts. Funny how that works.
[Reply]
Page 357 of 4829
« First < 257307347353354355356357 3583593603613674074578571357 > Last »
Up