ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1015 of 2686
« First < 15515915965100510111012101310141015 101610171018101910251065111515152015 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:26 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by DaKernal:
The days of coaches forcing QBs to learn "thier" system are gone for the most part. The smart coaches adjust and taylor thier offense to meet thier QBs strengths. I believe its why we see more QBs having early success these days.
Systems are all terminology at this point. Everyone uses aspects of every system. It's just the verbiage that changes. There are pass plays you'll find in every single offense in the NFL that just have different playcall names in different 'systems'. You better integrate things a young QB can do if you want him to play effectively early. Most coaches get that now and stopped pissing and moaning about 'spread offenses"... like they were learning more handing the ball off 45 times a game.

At this point, it's a lot of people playing with basically the same concepts... but the creative ones stand out.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:28 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
I watched the bears and I think Nagy is a hell of a play caller.

Trublindski (thank you FAX the linguist) sucks.
[Reply]
DaKernal 09:08 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I watched the bears and I think Nagy is a hell of a play caller.

Trublindski (thank you FAX the linguist) sucks.
I think Trubiski will be a good game manager, but will always be light years behind Mahomes. Nagy knew what he was getting, and what he was leaving behind when he took that job. I love Nagy and hope he and Trubiski have success in Chicago.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:34 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Pretty funny that so many pre-Draft naysayers said Mahomes would be screwed because of the Air Raid college offense and yet it looks like Andy Reid is incorporating a lot of that stuff into a very effective pro version of the Air Raid. Seems like 90% of the snaps are shotgun and a huge chunk of the plays are 5-wide. Crazy to see how the NFL has changed over the last 10-20 years.
The Air Reid?
[Reply]
bsroyals54 09:56 PM 09-18-2018
So the reason Mahomes wasn't #1 draft pick is because he was on a lesser college team? thats kind of stupid thinking no? Personal talent doesn't reflect on how good of a team you're ****ing on.

Guy has Aaron Rodgers talent with a bigger arm.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:13 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by bsroyals54:
So the reason Mahomes wasn't #1 draft pick is because he was on a lesser college team? thats kind of stupid thinking no? Personal talent doesn't reflect on how good of a team you're ****ing on.

Part of it is lack of confidence in their staff to be able to develop him. Cleveland is a QB graveyard. So is Buffalo. Same with the Jets. And so on. The Bears ended up with Nagy anyway, so they might as well have taken Mahomes and got the 2-for-1 package. At the time of the Draft they still had John Fox and I assume their GM didn't trust him to develop a guy like Mahomes.

Funnily enough, Trubisky was just as much of a project and it turns out Nagy is going to save Trubisky from bust status. He was headed for it with John Fox as the coach. I think Nagy will turn him into solid game manager. Nothing more, nothing less.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:13 PM 09-18-2018
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/s...inutes-Mahomes
[Reply]
COchief 10:16 PM 09-18-2018
Was reading a Mahomes thread on Reddit and stumbled upon these gems posted by Redskins fans, ha they are beginning to learn the hard lessons about Smiff already:

- Refused to throw further than 5 yards.

- Smith actually played well, he just didn't have the killer instinct to finish drives for touchdowns.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:16 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by COchief:
Was reading a Mahomes thread on Reddit and stumbled upon these gems posted by Redskins fans, ha they are beginning to learn the hard lessons about Smiff already:

- Smith actually played well, he just didn't have the killer instinct to finish drives for touchdowns[.
:-)
[Reply]
rico 10:33 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by bsroyals54:

I think a large part of it is because he was an Air Raid QB in college and it is a pretty common belief that Air Raid QB’s don’t work out in the NFL... Welp, it appears as if these guys CAN make the transition to today’s NFL. Mahomes for sure...hell, even Goff.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 10:36 PM 09-18-2018

- Smith actually played well, he just didn't have the killer instinct to finish drives for touchdowns.
He’s a FG kickers best friend or worst nightmare depending on the kicker. Fucking Butker set records last season as a rookie. KC is now putting up 7s instead of 3s. And penalties no longer kill drives with Mahomes at QB.
[Reply]
Pants 10:37 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/s...inutes-Mahomes
Quality read right thurr.
[Reply]
COchief 10:44 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
:-)
The innocence of the second one is great, yeah "played great" and seemed to "lack killer instinct", if they only knew what they were actually in for.
[Reply]
bsroyals54 10:46 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by rico:
I think a large part of it is because he was an Air Raid QB in college and it is a pretty common belief that Air Raid QB’s don’t work out in the NFL... Welp, it appears as if these guys CAN make the transition to today’s NFL. Mahomes for sure...hell, even Goff.
Isn't an "Air Raid QB" exactly what the modern successful NFL quarterback is? The league caters to QB's more-so than any other position in football. PI is very easy to commit, and you're not allowed to breathe on a successful QB 20 milliseconds after he releases the ball. Every successful QB has a lot of passing yards on his resume, as well as Touchdowns, and above-average accuracy. See Mahomes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:59 PM 09-18-2018

God, I won't fucking miss that bullshit.

"Smith played well. He wasn't the reason we lost at all."

Yeah, except for all the goddamn fucking points he left on the fucking field. Nothing Smith did wrong ever showed up on the stat sheet, but he still did plenty of shit wrong when it came to playing elite teams in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Page 1015 of 2686
« First < 15515915965100510111012101310141015 101610171018101910251065111515152015 > Last »
Up