ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 790 of 3903
« First < 290690740780786787788789790 79179279379480084089012901790 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 01:55 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
It is true, actually. Zero deaths TODAY, I should have said. Only 4 overall.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Scroll on down to Bahrain and see for yourself.
Bahrain had 4 deaths yesterday. 4 deaths total out of 400 cases.

Exactly what are you saying?
[Reply]
burt 01:56 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There is no data that says they've given it to every single patient and so far, 4 out of 458 have died.

There's simply not enough data for doctors to freely prescribe this medicine to anyone and everyone infected.

If the WHO or CDC says it's successful, then we should move forward but doctors shouldn't base their usage on claims from Bahrain, of all places.
And yet, here in the USA, the prescriptions for that med has skyrocketed...hmmmm.
[Reply]
Donger 01:57 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Bahrain had 4 deaths yesterday. 4 deaths total out of 400 cases.

Exactly what are you saying?
Great cure, eh?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:57 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
And yet, here in the USA, the prescriptions for that med has skyrocketed...hmmmm.
Let's just hope those people don't self-medicate.

Pharmaceuticals can be extremely dangerous, people.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:58 PM 03-26-2020
The issue is that doctors aren't just randomly giving patients chloroquinine and/or azithromycin because there are too many things that can go wrong, especially people currently on medication or with underlying health issues.

Hopefully, the clinical studies will reveal that this cocktail helps a large percentage of people with COVID-19 but at this point in time, there's no proof.
I don’t have a clue about the malaria drug, but have had zpacs probably close to ten times and they were always an absolute godsend

Anyway, how’s it looking in Hollywood... are most taking it super serious?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:59 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Some people can develop bacterial infections secondary to getting a virus causing URTI, maybe they are doing well with this treatment since sounds like HCQ does better with the Z-pac, or there could be a thousand other reasons , if that combo of drugs had zero side effects it might be different.
Azithromycin was the standard of care for community acquired pneumonia for years before increasing strep pneumo resistance required a reevaluation in the most recent treatment guidelines.

It would help prevent a bacterial superinfection, which is where I'd bet the clinical benefits arrive from. I'd also bet you'd get similar results using doxycycline without the QT prolongation.
[Reply]
burt 02:00 PM 03-26-2020
Let's just hope those people don't self-medicate.

Pharmaceuticals can be extremely dangerous, people.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...amily-friends/

Some doctors are writing prescriptions for a drug that may help treat coronavirus for their family and friends, one pharmacist said, calling their actions "unethical and selfish." Hydroxychloroquine has not been clinically proven to be safe or successful in treating coronavirus, and yet the increased demand for it is making it harder for people who need it to control their chronic diseases to get it.

Hydroxychloroquine is a less toxic derivative of chloroquine, an anti-malaria drug. It often treats autoimmune diseases, such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, and is sold under the brand name, Plaquenil.

Recent data show chloroquine orders spiked 3,000% in March and hydroxychloroquine orders rose 260%. The Food and Drug Administration has not approved these drugs for treatment of the coronavirus, but doctors are allowed to prescribe them.
[Reply]
O.city 02:00 PM 03-26-2020
Hamas, i saw a study that they were having some nice success with adding a drug to Remdizivir (No clue on spelling).

Any thoughts?
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:01 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea well the virus has only been around a few months, the Chiefs gave us pain for 30 years.
Youngster
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:04 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hamas, i saw a study that they were having some nice success with adding a drug to Remdizivir (No clue on spelling).

Any thoughts?
Not sure. Kaletra looks like a bust.

Here's a good summary of current trials with links:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...c-options.html
[Reply]
O.city 02:06 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Not sure. Kaletra looks like a bust.

Here's a good summary of current trials with links:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...c-options.html
I don't remember where it was from. I can't find it now. One of the chemistry guys from a big university was promoting. it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:07 PM 03-26-2020
Hamas knows.......
[Reply]
Monticore 02:07 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Azithromycin was the standard of care for community acquired pneumonia for years before increasing strep pneumo resistance required a reevaluation in the most recent treatment guidelines.

It would help prevent a bacterial superinfection, which is where I'd bet the clinical benefits arrive from. I'd also bet you'd get similar results using doxycycline without the QT prolongation.
While talking to the ER Dr yesterday sounds like some patients with COVID are presenting with unilateral pneumonia which is atypical of viral ones making hard to diagnose which one they are dealing with.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:09 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

Any thoughts?

Remdizivir appears to be doing ok and they had to shut down applicants now even for compassionate use.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:10 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I don’t have a clue about the malaria drug, but have had zpacs probably close to ten times and they were always an absolute godsend
Awesome :-)

Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Anyway, how’s it looking in Hollywood... are most taking it super serious?
Costco, Ralphs, Target and all other grocery stores/markets have long lines and short supplies. I can't order toilet paper or food from Costco.com, Amazon.com, Target.com, Walmart.com nor are any of the locals delivering food. I've been out to 9 stores in the past week and it's been difficult to get everything we need. Fortunately, I had 72 rolls of TP from Costco in my garage, as I like to keep some inventory in case I can't get out for whatever reason, so we're okay for a bit (FYI, I do all of the shopping and always have. It's kind of my thing).

Once the Stay At Home order was issued last week, people ignored it and hit all of the parks, beaches and trails en masse. As of Monday, the mayor closed down all of the above so I'm not seeing anyone on my street because Lake Hollywood is closed, which is a massive bummer for me because I walk and run up there 5 days a week on average.

Our city is on Lockdown for at least more 60 days and the mayor said to expect it be "much longer". The governor has already negotiated with the banks and lenders to allow people to miss their next three loan and mortgage payments without any reporting to credit agencies.

My wife and I have been splitting time with our 2nd grader, who is still doing all of her homework assignments and some Zoom time with her teacher, while my 6th grader has been attending class online from 8am-3pm each day. We even had our Parent-Teacher conferences this morning over Zoom and my youngest is using FaceTime each day at 12:30 and 7:00 pm to chat with her squad of six girls.

All in all, we're fine but I'd by lying if I didn't state that while 30 days is "okay", 60-90 more days makes me a bit squeamish, mainly because of my children.
[Reply]
Page 790 of 3903
« First < 290690740780786787788789790 79179279379480084089012901790 > Last »
Up