ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Has anyone done an LED conversion on a vehicle?
Buehler445 11:31 PM 10-23-2020
I have a 2015 Silverado I’m contemplating doing an LED conversion. Dad has a 19 with LED and son of a bitch those lights are better than mine. Markedly so.

I’m decent not great with wiring. I have the tools, but I hate wiring. mostly because it’s a pain in the dick to get to. But I understand that most of the good systems will require additional wiring.

My problem is that There are TON of kits out there and I assume a lot of shit.

Anyone done it? Advice?
[Reply]
Eureka 10:09 AM 10-24-2020
Are there better halogen bulbs you can upgrade too? Might make a bit of a difference.

Also, adding fog lights but I'll assume you have them already. Might be able to add a second pair of fog lights if state laws allow it.

Your fathers LED's have had countless hours of R&D to make them the way they are. You may not be happy with the end product of your customization as well.
[Reply]
loochy 11:22 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Are there better halogen bulbs you can upgrade too? Might make a bit of a difference.

Also, adding fog lights but I'll assume you have them already. Might be able to add a second pair of fog lights if state laws allow it.

Your fathers LED's have had countless hours of R&D to make them the way they are. You may not be happy with the end product of your customization as well.
You could always go with the silverstars, but they burn out fast and still aren't up to LEDs or HIDs
[Reply]
lewdog 11:40 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yeah, I did it on old saab.

Don't do it. It's a complex pain in the ass dealing with failed ballasts, different ballast sizes, resistors, and relays. Flickering, strobing, bulb out error messages, and random failed light starts are in your future.

Don't do it.

Just deal with the crappy halogens and buy a nicer vehicle in the first place next time.
Yeah well I bet farm boy Buehler is more handy than someone driving some POS Beemer.
[Reply]
loochy 12:35 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yeah well I bet farm boy Buehler is more handy than someone driving some POS Beemer.
It was a 2007 Saab

And I love my Bimmer
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up