ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Has anyone done an LED conversion on a vehicle?
Buehler445 11:31 PM 10-23-2020
I have a 2015 Silverado I’m contemplating doing an LED conversion. Dad has a 19 with LED and son of a bitch those lights are better than mine. Markedly so.

I’m decent not great with wiring. I have the tools, but I hate wiring. mostly because it’s a pain in the dick to get to. But I understand that most of the good systems will require additional wiring.

My problem is that There are TON of kits out there and I assume a lot of shit.

Anyone done it? Advice?
[Reply]
vonBobo 12:13 AM 10-24-2020
Other drivers: "Please don't"

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/giving-...isnt-worth-it/
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:35 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by vonBobo:
Other drivers: "Please don't"

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/giving-...isnt-worth-it/
I’m aware. That’s why I’m looking for good products
[Reply]
eDave 01:00 AM 10-24-2020
I switch out all of the interior lighting with LED. Looks puss.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:25 AM 10-24-2020
No
[Reply]
loochy 08:29 AM 10-24-2020
Yeah, I did it on old saab.

Don't do it. It's a complex pain in the ass dealing with failed ballasts, different ballast sizes, resistors, and relays. Flickering, strobing, bulb out error messages, and random failed light starts are in your future.

Don't do it.

Just deal with the crappy halogens and buy a nicer vehicle in the first place next time.
[Reply]
Romeo64 08:33 AM 10-24-2020
I have a 2005 Monte Carlo I changed out to leds on all the bulbs. Pretty easy job. I got all of the bulbs from superbrightleds.com with headlights and fog lights being plug and play. Brake lights and tail lights each needed a resistor. I have no association with superbrightleds but I have use them for a lot of my leds. I haven't had any issues with them for over a year now.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:41 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I have a 2015 Silverado I’m contemplating doing an LED conversion. Dad has a 19 with LED and son of a bitch those lights are better than mine. Markedly so.

I’m decent not great with wiring. I have the tools, but I hate wiring. mostly because it’s a pain in the dick to get to. But I understand that most of the good systems will require additional wiring.

My problem is that There are TON of kits out there and I assume a lot of shit.

Anyone done it? Advice?
Let your local GM dealership do it so you have some warranty and don't have to tear the front end of your truck apart.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Bwana 08:46 AM 10-24-2020
I have friends who have done it and they love them, unless they are driving at night in a snow storm.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:50 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I have friends who have done it and they love them, unless they are driving at night in a snow storm.
It never snows here. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:51 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Let your local GM dealership do it so you have some warranty and don't have to tear the front end of your truck apart.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I doubt they’ll have any OEM kits but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:55 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yeah, I did it on old saab.

Don't do it. It's a complex pain in the ass dealing with failed ballasts, different ballast sizes, resistors, and relays. Flickering, strobing, bulb out error messages, and random failed light starts are in your future.

Don't do it.

Just deal with the crappy halogens and buy a nicer vehicle in the first place next time.
Yeah. I should just hold off. I put a lot of miles on. Problem is a lot of them are at night and I could use the better light.

It’s remarkable how much better Dads are than mine.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:55 AM 10-24-2020
Pimped out my civic recently yo
Attached: 356CA918-F9FD-4D2C-A007-93464C402DD8.jpg (36.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:56 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Romeo64:
I have a 2005 Monte Carlo I changed out to leds on all the bulbs. Pretty easy job. I got all of the bulbs from superbrightleds.com with headlights and fog lights being plug and play. Brake lights and tail lights each needed a resistor. I have no association with superbrightleds but I have use them for a lot of my leds. I haven't had any issues with them for over a year now.
So the headlights didn’t need any other hardware? Hmmm.

I’ll check them out thanks.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:53 AM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It never snows here. :-)

I know! It's like a Caribbean Paradise, just like here. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up