ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell me about your bed.
cabletech94 11:06 AM 10-23-2020
Wife and I have a memory foam style type bed. It has a “lifetime” warranty. It was sold to us as never having to replaced due to durability. Fact is it’s 13 years old and has served its purpose. But as I’ve gotten older, it’s becoming more difficult to get comfortable overnight, constantly tossing and turning etc. After talking to the wife she’s having the same issues.

So my question to you fellow planeteers: what’s your sleeping pad setup? I’m just looking at other options.

Oh, and FUCK DONKOS FOREVER!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You'll get mixed reviews on the Sleep Number beds (mainly because they cost a small fortune), but my wife and I love ours. It's nice to have the ability to adjust depending on how you feel, and we each have different preferences for firmness.
Had a Sleep Number before the Tempur Pedic.

We threw ours away. I was having horrible allergy problems (I'm allergic to mold) and after some research, decided to take a look inside the bed.

The air bladders were COVERED in mold.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:09 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Had a Sleep Number before the Tempur Pedic.

We threw ours away. I was having horrible allergy problems (I'm allergic to mold) and after some research, decided to take a look inside the bed.

The air bladders were COVERED in mold.
Yuck. Ours is about a decade old. I just happened to open it up a couple of months ago, and it seems fine thankfully. The foam is getting a bit worn, but that's about it.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:13 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Wow. I usually have mine at around 45, and my wife usually does 55. You might as well just sleep on the floor. :-)
Yeah, it's funny that we both ended up at 100. We tried a bunch of settings, and independently kept going up.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:17 PM 10-23-2020
A good bed is something I'll pay a lot for.

Got a Stearns & Foster CaliKing 4yrs ago...LOVE it.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:21 PM 10-23-2020
I've always been told to never go cheap on beds or mattresses because you spend over a third of your life in bed. I got a Sealy a couple of years ago and I sleep like a champ on it.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:27 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I've always been told to never go cheap on beds or mattresses because you spend over a third of your life in bed. I got a Sealy a couple of years ago and I sleep like a champ on it.
Boy that's the truth. When we first moved here almost 20 years ago, we had a baffled waterbed. Loved it. But after a few years it developed a leak, and we had to quickly get rid of it. Waterbeds were pretty much dead and gone at that point, so we replaced it with a cheap mattress that seemed comfortable at the store but in actuality sucked. I endured that for about a year, waking up most mornings with stiffness and back pain. Finally we got the Sears equivalent of a Tempurpedic mattress, and it is wonderful. Had it for about 10 years now. No complaints.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:45 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Boy that's the truth. When we first moved here almost 20 years ago, we had a baffled waterbed. Loved it. But after a few years it developed a leak, and we had to quickly get rid of it. Waterbeds were pretty much dead and gone at that point, so we replaced it with a cheap mattress that seemed comfortable at the store but in actuality sucked. I endured that for about a year, waking up most mornings with stiffness and back pain. Finally we got the Sears equivalent of a Tempurpedic mattress, and it is wonderful. Had it for about 10 years now. No complaints.
I had a waterbed (unbaffled - I was a poor peasant boy) when I was in my 20s. I really liked it and my cat loved it, though I got nervous when she would knead the sheets with her claws.

Waterbeds completely disappeared, it seems. I'm not sure why. They seemed like a viable product niche.
[Reply]
Eureka 12:45 PM 10-23-2020
I didn't like "Individual coils" if that helps. Sent two different brands back.

Went with the old school coil setup with a pillowtop. Hard to find though.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 12:49 PM 10-23-2020
Easy. Tuft and Needle Memory foam with the additional topper. Very affordable and then it doesn't need to last 13 years. The King is $675...

I also have a reflux guard foam wedge, which has worked like magic.

https://www.tuftandneedle.com/mattre...e&utm_content=
[Reply]
Frazod 01:15 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I had a waterbed (unbaffled - I was a poor peasant boy) when I was in my 20s. I really liked it and my cat loved it, though I got nervous when she would knead the sheets with her claws.

Waterbeds completely disappeared, it seems. I'm not sure why. They seemed like a viable product niche.
I also had a free float when I was in my 20s. It was great as well, but it was used and beat up when I got it and the frame eventually got destroyed in one of my many moves back then.

IIRC it was an insurance liability issue that did them in. Just too much damage potential if they leaked. While I'm quite happy with my present mattress, had that water bed never leaked, I'd still have it.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:44 PM 10-23-2020
Trust me on this. Inexpensive as heck. Just throw it on top of whatever you're using now and you're golden. You'll feel like you're floating. Had mine for 3 years now and there's been no degradation at all. But if you like really firm memory foam, this isn't the one for you.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dreamfoam...?selected=true
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 02:31 PM 10-23-2020
Lytton Plus is a good mattress.

https://www.lyttonsleep.com/products/lytton-firm-plus
[Reply]
patteeu 02:46 PM 10-23-2020
I had a very firm mattress for about 20 years. Lately it was causing me some back pain issues so I was sleeping on the guest bed or the couch more often than not. I bought a sleep number bed and I'm happy with it. I'm currently at 40, but I haven't decided whether that's where I'll stay yet.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:47 PM 10-23-2020
Earlier this year, I was having some hip pain every morning before with the old mattress, to the point where I was having a lot of trouble sleeping, which is why I decided to try a new mattress.

I did a little research and decided to give Puffy a try. I figured it I didn't like it after a month, I'd use their guarantee (100 days, no questions asked) and send it back and just try another one until I found one I liked.

I never got past the Puffy Lux mattress and mattress topper.

When I bought the mattress, I got a big discount on the topper, and it arrived about ten days or so before the mattress did so I got a chance to test it out solo. Just the topper 'cured' my chronic shoulder pain (side sleeper) in just a few days.

When the mattress arrived, I tried it out for a week without the topper and it was heavenly compared to my old Serta w/memory foam topper (13 years old).

With the topper, it's just better. Support and comfort are better than anything I've ever slept on before. I was having some hip pain every morning before with the old mattress, to the point where I was having a lot of trouble sleeping, which is why I decided to try a new mattress.

They are expensive though. I think without the discount or sale, it would've been over $2,000. I got mine for about $1,400 i think. The topper was about $200 of that I think.

But since I fall asleep in minutes and wake up without shoulder or hip pain, I figure it's worth every penny.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:49 PM 10-23-2020
Oh I kinda miss the old waterbed. They were awesome in the winter when heated.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up