ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>No Peanuts specials on broadcast TV anymore
luv 07:22 AM 10-21-2020
https://www.ky3.com/2020/10/20/its-t...yJMJezcJxuxBns

‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’ won’t appear on broadcast TV this year
It will air through the Apple TV app or the Apple TV website

(Gray News) – A Halloween tradition will be a bit different this year.

For the first time ever, “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” won’t air on broadcast television.

AppleTV+ now holds the rights and will stream it at no cost to all viewers from Oct. 30 – Nov. 1 through the Apple TV app or the Apple TV website.

Subscribers to AppleTV+ can watch the shows outside of those times.

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” first aired in 1966.

The streaming service also tells viewers to “get ready for more Peanuts specials this holiday season,” including “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” and “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”

There will also be free viewing windows for those two shows.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:25 PM 10-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It wouldn't surprise me to see all of the 60's and 70's animated Holiday Specials to move to a streamer in the next few years.

The Rights Holders will earn more money on a streamer year round as opposed to basically 4 weeks out of the year, especially this transition era, in which Live TV is down nearly 23% across the board while streaming numbers are soaring.
Yeah, I was being facetious.

You're absolutely correct. Many of the classic are already available on streaming platforms. There are crazy people other there like my mother-in-law that like to watch Rankin-Bass Christmas specials in July. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:49 PM 10-22-2020
It wouldn't surprise me to see all of the 60's and 70's animated Holiday Specials to move to a streamer in the next few years.

The Rights Holders will earn more money on a streamer year round as opposed to basically 4 weeks out of the year, especially this transition era, in which Live TV is down nearly 23% across the board while streaming numbers are soaring.
Watched 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' with my youngest the other night. That movie is amazing. The creativity on display is off the freakin charts. A Stone Cold holiday classic.

All that to say, i love watching Stop motion animation. great stuff.
[Reply]
backinblack 04:01 PM 10-22-2020
Kind of surprised all those old Rankin Bass specials haven't been sold to streaming services, nearly all of them moved off of broadcast TV years ago and aired on ABC Family(or whatever its called now), but they've increasingly been filling 25 Days of Christmas with movies.

Hell they even have the Garfield one on YouTube on an official account for free.

[Reply]
backinblack 04:09 PM 10-22-2020
I purchased all of those box sets (Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, Frosty 1 & 2, etc.) for my kids a few years back and what's always struck me as odd is that CBS airs the non-remastered Peanuts versions, where it's all noisy and dull looking.

To be honest, I never really "got" Peanuts. I love the Vince Guaraldi Trio but the animation is nothing special and most of the characters are all pretty much assholes, save for Charlie.
I always thought the shoddy animation added to it's charm really.
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:55 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Watched 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' with my youngest the other night. That movie is amazing. The creativity on display is off the freakin charts. A Stone Cold holiday classic.

All that to say, i love watching Stop motion animation. great stuff.
One of my favorites. The soundtrack alone makes it for me. Danny Elfman is a genius.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 08:19 AM 10-23-2020
I was expecting a story on how the libtards thought it was racist and cancelled it
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:38 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, I was being facetious.

You're absolutely correct. Many of the classic are already available on streaming platforms. There are crazy people other there like my mother-in-law that like to watch Rankin-Bass Christmas specials in July. :-)

:-)

We actually already have "most" of the holiday movies on DVD...but this did make me wonder if Ted Turner will sell the rights to "A Christmas Story" - thus stopping the 24 hour marathon showing each year.

I really hope not. It has become something of a tradition for me and my family...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:01 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
[/B]We actually already have "most" of the holiday movies on DVD...but this did make me wonder if Ted Turner will sell the rights to "A Christmas Story" - thus stopping the 24 hour marathon showing each year.

I really hope not. It has become something of a tradition for me and my family...
AT&T owns Turner Broadcasting Network (TNT), TBS, HBO Max, et al and while they've been completely clueless since the Time-Warner acquisition, even they aren't stupid enough to sell the broadcast rights to a movie they acquired back in the mid-80's for pennies.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:15 AM 10-23-2020

Yeah, I lost track of when they were on broadcast TV, so I bought the DVD's back in the day too. The Charlie Brown ones never resonated with me as a kid and then later with my son as much as Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer did.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:38 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
I was expecting a story on how the libtards thought it was racist and cancelled it
If you want racist, check out "The Great Dolemite" on You Tube. Yikes...
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 04:04 PM 10-23-2020

I think broadcast TV is in it's death throes. Why would anyone wait when they can watch content whenever they want?
[Reply]
scho63 05:57 PM 10-23-2020
There isn't a TV series or comedy show made prior to 1980 that can be aired today.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:53 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
There isn't a TV series or comedy show made prior to 1980 that can be aired today.
Ain’t that the truth. I watch ‘Threes Company’ sometimes on PlutoTV.

People would rage at all the gay jokes in that.
[Reply]
backinblack 09:14 PM 10-23-2020
people always say shit like that, but then stuff like Always Sunny gets new seasons so...
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 09:55 PM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Yep.
And..Blazing Saddles, Bad news Bears, Archie Bunker...
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up