ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Media Center>No Peanuts specials on broadcast TV anymore
luv 07:22 AM 10-21-2020
https://www.ky3.com/2020/10/20/its-t...yJMJezcJxuxBns

‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’ won’t appear on broadcast TV this year
It will air through the Apple TV app or the Apple TV website

(Gray News) – A Halloween tradition will be a bit different this year.

For the first time ever, “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” won’t air on broadcast television.

AppleTV+ now holds the rights and will stream it at no cost to all viewers from Oct. 30 – Nov. 1 through the Apple TV app or the Apple TV website.

Subscribers to AppleTV+ can watch the shows outside of those times.

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” first aired in 1966.

The streaming service also tells viewers to “get ready for more Peanuts specials this holiday season,” including “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” and “A Charlie Brown Christmas.”

There will also be free viewing windows for those two shows.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:07 PM 10-21-2020
It hasn't really mattered since you could watch it only once a year, and everybody in the country was watching it at the same time, with the same anticipation, knowing you'd have to wait another 12 months to see it again.

When this came on, your heart jumped a beat or two, because you knew what was next:

[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 01:46 PM 10-21-2020
Time Marches on....

You know what though. I don't quite understand it. Charlie Brown isn't a that fun. He walks around all depressed and stuff.
Not a fun ,happy cartoon. Not sure why it's that popular.
[Reply]
HayWire 02:14 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I purchased all of those box sets (Santa Claus Is Coming To Town, Frosty 1 & 2, etc.) for my kids a few years back and what's always struck me as odd is that CBS airs the non-remastered Peanuts versions, where it's all noisy and dull looking.

To be honest, I never really "got" Peanuts. I love the Vince Guaraldi Trio but the animation is nothing special and most of the characters are all pretty much assholes, save for Charlie.
I think it's more the nostalgia aspect for us. All the prior years we would make a family "event" out of all the specials coming on. Make popcorn, cookies, cocoa, etc. and watch it on regular TV so we had to sit through the commercials like when we were kids.

I 100% agree with you on the quality...it completely blows on TV :-) and the Peanuts were never my favorites.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:15 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Doesn't really matter to me, we downloaded it for our daughter to watch. Those kids treat each other terribly. Not behaviors we want her emulating so we won't be watching it.
:-)
[Reply]
vailpass 02:17 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
That kid is going on a wild streak when she's a teen.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:28 PM 10-21-2020
Show no one has cared about in decades is now airing on a different channel.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:29 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Shut up and go away. Let the normal people talk about normal things here, go back to DC.
[Reply]
luv 02:34 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Not a different channel. A whole new platform.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 02:35 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Shut up and go away. Let the normal people talk about normal things here, go back to DC.
Fuck off sissy boy. Sorry my opinion makes you cry.
[Reply]
luv 02:36 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Time Marches on....

You know what though. I don't quite understand it. Charlie Brown isn't a that fun. He walks around all depressed and stuff.
Not a fun ,happy cartoon. Not sure why it's that popular.
I was always more of a Chipmunks kid, myself (not to worry, as I also own A Chipmunk Christmas), but who doesn't (as a kid, anyway) crack up at hearing any adult voice as "wha-wh-wha-wha-wha"?
[Reply]
eDave 02:36 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Patti is a lesbian and that is learned behavior.

/s
[Reply]
vailpass 02:37 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Not a different channel. A whole new platform.
We all know what you meant. Disregard that one, he's a miserable son of a bitch.
[Reply]
luv 02:38 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:

/s
She was in the closet, then. Didn't she always crush on Charlie Brown?
[Reply]
vailpass 02:39 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:

/s

[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 02:40 PM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
I was always more of a Chipmunks kid, myself (not to worry, as I also own A Chipmunk Christmas), but who doesn't (as a kid, anyway) crack up at hearing any adult voice as "wha-wh-wha-wha-wha"?
Yeah
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up