ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Would you trade for Leveon Bell?
-King- 11:37 AM 10-13-2020

The #Jets are, in fact, trying to trade RB Le'Veon Bell, as @MMehtaNYDN reported. He has roughly $6M guaranteed remaining in salary this year. Trade deadline is three weeks from today.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) October 13, 2020

Would be a great rental piece depending on what the Jets are asking for.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:34 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Shady was good other than fumbles and Bell doesn't do that.
The combination of Bell and CEH would help to keep opposing defenses from crowding the box on short yardage and obvious rushing downs, something the Chiefs have struggled with through 5 games.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:36 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The fact is teams are going to continue to rush four or three and drop a bunch of db's back in coverage...we need a damn run game and Bell is still a decent back who can also catch the ball just like Andy likes. He's been put into a nightmare situation with the Jets with a rookie qb, a crap line and no other weapons to play with. meanwhile Damien frikking Williams has done well here. For a low pick Veach should think about it for sure and I think he will considering there were rumours we wanted Bell before the last trade deadline.
Bell hasn’t had a 20 plus run since 2017. He’s done
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:36 PM 10-13-2020
I don't think he's better than CEH at this point in his career.

We have an offensive line problem, not a running back problem.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:36 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
We don't want that cancer on this team. Wtf is wrong with people.
Wasnt Taco supposed to be a problem in the locker room too? Others we have now?

Going to teams that won a SB and are serious contender for a SB makes players a little less about me me me.

But, no idea if he has any value beyond a 6th rounder and Jets paying 1/2 his remaining salary. He sucks, causes a problem in the locker room, cut him.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:37 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The offensive line in 2018 was arguably worse, especially with Cam Erving at left tackle, and Kareem Hunt was on pace for 1,400 yards rushing before his release in December.
The secret there is that Kareem Hunt is a top 5 back in this league.
[Reply]
GingaChief 12:37 PM 10-13-2020
Reid would know how to manage him so yes be a nice one to rotate with CEH & he would be a good teacher to CEH too.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:38 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I don't think he's better than CEH at this point in his career.

We have an offensive line problem, not a running back problem.
He doesn't need to be "better" than CEH.

The Chiefs aren't a threat to run the ball effectively when CEH isn't on the field and there's no way he can handle 400+ touches this season and remain effective.

One way or another, the Chiefs need to upgrade their running back room, period, and the sooner, the better.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:38 PM 10-13-2020
I think all we would be on the hoof for would be the 6m this year and then could move on.

While not a huge fan of a move like this, I think it makes some sense.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:38 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We wouldn't need him to be a big play guy, we'd need him to be a dude that takes a some carries, can pick up blitzes and shows his value as a receiver...basically a far better backup than any of our other guys.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:39 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He's never been a regular home run hitter. He's a patient back who has been brilliant at finding thosr creases and get a steady five or six yards in order to move the chains...plus he's excellent catching the ball too.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:43 PM 10-13-2020
The question is this guys...if the Chiefs line-up on Sundays with Ceh and Bell in the backfield do you think dc's will think twice about leaving their box light? They'd be mad not to and with Bell's route running ability he could improve our underneath game a lot.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:50 PM 10-13-2020
For a 6th or later, sure. We need a third down back. The coaches take CEH out in most third down situations. I’m giving an educated guess that’s because they still don’t fully trust him in pass protection. Bell would be fine in any role we would have him in and runs similarly to how CEH runs.

I’m just not sure Bella ego could keep him motivated in a role like that.

If it would, there’s no reason not to make a reasonable deal for him.

In the right situation, Bell can still be a beast.
[Reply]
cookster50 12:50 PM 10-13-2020
What dc gives a crap about a brokedick rb like bell?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:51 PM 10-13-2020
I guess I’d rather find upgrades at OL or LB if we are going to make a trade. I think we need a better RB2 but not someone like that who will want a large role.
[Reply]
TribalElder 12:52 PM 10-13-2020
it will be hard for bell to get going when the offensive line gets pushed backwards on top of him after the ball is snapped
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up