#5 Hawks @ #4 Wizards

WEST:
#8 Blazers @ #1 Warriors
#7 Grizzlies @ #2 Spurs
#6 Thunder @ #3 Rockets
#5 Jazz @ #4 Clippers
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:54 AM 06-20-2017
Cleveland has a deal with the devil... LeBron is high maintenance/pain in the ass, but he is the only person that will keep them relevant in terms of being a championship-caliber team.

If I was Dan Gilbert I would suck it up and let LeBron run the franchise.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Cleveland has a deal with the devil... LeBron is high maintenance/pain in the ass, but he is the only person that will keep them relevant in terms of being a championship-caliber team.

If I was Dan Gilbert I would suck it up and let LeBron run the franchise.
If I was Dan Gilbert I'd have sold after last year's championship.
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:46 AM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Sounds like it. Lots of rumors about Gilbert wanting to trade Kyrie and Griffin didn't want any part of that.
That'd be nuts. When Kyrie is on the Cavs don't lose.
[Reply]
notorious 10:50 AM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yep.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:01 AM 06-20-2017
Why? Not that I disagree, I'm just curious to hear your explanation.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:08 PM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why? Not that I disagree, I'm just curious to hear your explanation.
I don't recall the exact figure, but when LeBron left the Cavs the first time, the estimated value of the franchise fell by something like a billion dollars. Now if you're Gilbert, the NBA has just signed a massive new TV deal and you just won a championship. You have LeBron under team control for 2 more years and the goodwill in Cleveland is through the roof. Durant hasn't signed with the Warriors (yet).

If you're shopping that to potential buyers, there are a TON of positive selling points that could have netted him something near that same $2 billion that Balmer paid for the Clippers (maybe even more thanks to the crazy television contract). The Cavaliers were at the absolute peak of their value and he'd have likely been able to find a willing buyer.

Cash in your chips at that point because things were never going to get better and the best case scenario is that they stay the same for 3-4 years and then get worse.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:40 PM 06-20-2017
I don't recall the exact figure, but when LeBron left the Cavs the first time, the estimated value of the franchise fell by something like a billion dollars. Now if you're Gilbert, the NBA has just signed a massive new TV deal and you just won a championship. You have LeBron under team control for 2 more years and the goodwill in Cleveland is through the roof. Durant hasn't signed with the Warriors (yet).

If you're shopping that to potential buyers, there are a TON of positive selling points that could have netted him something near that same $2 billion that Balmer paid for the Clippers (maybe even more thanks to the crazy television contract). The Cavaliers were at the absolute peak of their value and he'd have likely been able to find a willing buyer.

Cash in your chips at that point because things were never going to get better and the best case scenario is that they stay the same for 3-4 years and then get worse.
Damn, you're probably right. It's going to be interesting to see if there's a power struggle and how it will play out.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 04:16 PM 06-20-2017
Lakers with a big trade for Lopez
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:30 PM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
And the #27.

Russel and mosgov.

I think that is a raping. Horrible contract.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:38 PM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Getting ready for George and LeBron.

SUPERTEAM
[Reply]
BWillie 06:49 PM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Does Cleveland need another all-star to combat Draymond Green's monstrous 10 ppg/ 7 rpg average?
It appears to me you have no idea what defensive value, an assist, a block, or what a steal is. Draymond Green is an absolute douchebag, but he's a fantastic all around basketball player.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:14 PM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
And the #27.

Russel and mosgov.

I think that is a raping. Horrible contract.
They're keeping the #2, setting up a trade for PG and will have room for two max contracts in 2018.

The West just got way more interesting.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:17 PM 06-20-2017
Dwight Howard traded to Charlotte. Doesn't seem he sticks around teams very long, Kobe was probably right about him
[Reply]
mcaj22 07:23 PM 06-20-2017
Warriors will still smash whatever bums the Lakers put together
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:01 PM 06-20-2017
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Warriors will still smash whatever bums the Fakers put together
This
[Reply]
Page 183 of 185
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185 >
Up