ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2710 of 3903
« First < 1710221026102660270027062707270827092710 271127122713271427202760281032103710 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:11 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
:-)

Ok.

Just like everything else with you Pete.

**** those people, right?
You bitch about sending kids to school then you bitch when you get told to stay home and teach them after you said "Education can also be done from the home"

You know...I see a pattern here..you literally are talking out of both sides of your face and bitching about both sides....
[Reply]
petegz28 08:12 AM 07-25-2020
There should be no in person playdates but send then into a school 5 days a week?

Makes total sense CDC...
Originally Posted by O.city:
Similar to why certain things are deemed essential, education is essential play dates aren’t
Education can also be done from home.
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Just stay home and teach them.....

Ok.

Just like everything else with you Pete.

**** those people, right?

I think you huffed too much glue this morning
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:13 AM 07-25-2020
You bitch about sending kids to school then you bitch when you get told to stay home and teach them after you said "Education can also be done from the home"

You know...I see a pattern here..you literally are talking out of both sides of your face and bitching about both sides....
The school should have a program to let them decide and teach them from home.

Every school should.

That's my point you fucking idiot.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:14 AM 07-25-2020
The school should have a program to let them decide and teach them from home.

Every school should.

That's my point you ****ing idiot.
Yeah I don't quite think it is. You can choose to home school your children so......

I think you just want to bitch regardless
[Reply]
phisherman 08:17 AM 07-25-2020
That's a lot like saying that every job should offer the option to fully work from home. Sounds awful nice but it's not practical at all.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:21 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Big family get togethers need to stop.

There is also no reason whatsoever for restaurants to be open right now except for carry out. Packing 300 ppl in a building all eating and laughing and talking etc. Cant eat with masks on.

Outside activities without large groups more reasonable.

We could even have a chance to hitting 500k deaths in the next 6 months. We haven't even really had to deal with this thing at the peak of the cold and flu season, either.
I agree. 500k seems high though but if we don't get covid under control 300k is definitely possible. I can't believe I am even typing that. Our entire response has been a giant ****ing cluster ****.

I was reading a story the other day that in the Southern Hemisphere they all but eradicated the flu for this year with all the preventative measures they have taken for covid. We might see that here this year with flu way down with social distancing and masks mandates. Wait who am I kidding no we won't because our leadership and citizens are idiots.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:23 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Numerous studys from other countries support the CDC here as well.
People are losing sight of everything other than Covid. Starting to live in a vacuum even. They don't want to hear about anything else other than Covid. And if it ain't Covid it ain't a problem.

To wit I say...

[Reply]
petegz28 08:26 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I agree. 500k seems high though but if we don't get covid under control 300k is definitely possible. I can't believe I am even typing that. Our entire response has been a giant ****ing cluster ****.

I was reading a story the other day that in the Southern Hemisphere they all but eradicated the flu for this year with all the preventative measures they have taken for covid. We might see that here this year with flu way down with social distancing and masks mandates. Wait who am I kidding no we won't because our leadership and citizens are idiots.
We would have to average about 2,000ish deaths a day, every day for the next 6 months to reach 500k deaths by then. We haven't had 2,000+ deaths in a single day since May 7th. Just some perspective.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:32 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Numerous studys from other countries support the CDC here as well.
The South Korea study is the gold standard and I would encourage anyone to read it. It looked at over 60k kids IIRC the other studies were very small in comparison.

Opening schools is not an easy decision because parents do need to work and kids need to be in class physically. But at the same time large groups of people in an indoor setting is bad news and a covid super spread event waiting to happen.

Just look at what recently happened in Israel when they opened schools.
[Reply]
oldandslow 08:36 AM 07-25-2020
We would have to average about 2,000ish deaths a day, every day for the next 6 months to reach 500k deaths by then. We haven't had 2,000+ deaths in a single day since May 7th. Just some perspective.
Be honest. You didn't think we would hit 148K by August either. None of you deniers did. We are probably going to hit 200K by election day and who knows where it goes after that. 300, 400, 500 - What number does it have to get to for folks to just put on a damn mask. And that isn't a panacea, but it certainly can't hurt.

Just some perspective.
[Reply]
Donger 08:39 AM 07-25-2020
Am I reading this correctly? We've gone from a rolling 7-day death average of 516/day on July 5 to 918/day on July 24?
[Reply]
stevieray 08:40 AM 07-25-2020

In our county 54 percent of students live with their grand parents.

There is no excuse for those kind of numbers.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:50 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by oldandslow:
Be honest. You didn't think we would hit 148K by August either. None of you deniers did. We are probably going to hit 200K by election day and who knows where it goes after that. 300, 400, 500 - What number does it have to get to for folks to just put on a damn mask. And that isn't a panacea, but it certainly can't hurt.

Just some perspective.
Deniers? Yeah, okay.....

8 people in Johnson County out of the working age population have died from Covid. No one under 29. No one has died outside of a care facility in JoCo since April. So yeahm perspective, why are we not sending kids to school? And FYI, JoCo never had a mask mandate until a couple of weeks ago yet all the people going to the bars and restaurants and what not are not dead.

I agree there is a strong concern for elderly individuals and it's hard enough to protect them but we have to do a much better job of doing so.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:57 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:

There is no excuse for those kind of numbers.
There is, it's just usually not a good one.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
The South Korea study is the gold standard and I would encourage anyone to read it. It looked at over 60k kids IIRC the other studies were very small in comparison.

Opening schools is not an easy decision because parents do need to work and kids need to be in class physically. But at the same time large groups of people in an indoor setting is bad news and a covid super spread event waiting to happen.

Just look at what recently happened in Israel when they opened schools.
So the other studies aren’t ok and too small but the ones rhat say what you think are ok? Confirmation bias?
[Reply]
Page 2710 of 3903
« First < 1710221026102660270027062707270827092710 271127122713271427202760281032103710 > Last »
Up