ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1760 of 3903
« First < 760126016601710175017561757175817591760 176117621763176417701810186022602760 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Spott 03:22 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yep.

What I am about to say will probably be the most despicable thing in this thread, but there’s a lot of truth.

I am going to remove all emotion.

It’s everywhere, and will kill off many elderly people. There are several economical benefits. Money will be passed on and spent by younger people, Medicare and Social Security will have a great load relieved from them.

The economy is going to have a massive boost simply due to the movement of somewhat previously stagnant money. A lot of property that old people have sat on will be sold.

It’s like the burning of a forest. It sucks, but it will grow back stronger than before.

I love my parents, and I don’t want their money. I want them around as long as possible.
That’s where I’m at with this. The reality is that this has probably been around since last fall. As much as I’ve traveled and been to large events during that time, there’s probably a good chance I’ve already had it and didn’t know it. All of these efforts just feel like we are delaying the inevitable and destroying the economy at the same time.
[Reply]
O.city 04:18 PM 05-01-2020
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....26.20079244v1

It’s from Iran so who knows but the numbers are interesting

What I find the most interesting is how they broke it down via age. Older people had a more robust B cell response where the younger population had less antibodies suggesting a stronger T cell response

There’s something there in that imo
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 04:40 PM 05-01-2020
Just got back from the Dr’s office after receiving a chest X-ray, 2nd Covid test, and blood drawn for antibody testing.

Had flu like symptoms back in Mid-March, about a week after a trip to Houston for work. The symptoms were body aches, intense lethargy, sinus pressure, dizziness, coughing, light chest pains but no fever so I figured bad sinus infection. April 2nd woke up with bad conjectivitus in both eyes unlike any I’d ever had so I made a doctors appointment. 3 hours later I went to the doctor and instead of seeing the dr they directed to a parking space where they took a Covid swab. The swab was weak, like no tears in my eyes weak. Barely went past the nostrils to get the sample while I sat in my car. Doctor calls me on FaceTime like app and prescribes eye drops. Covid test comes back negative 2 days later.

Then I really got sick. Lungs were aching, couldn’t take deep breaths, truly had two days I was scared and decided if it got any worse I’d seek hospital treatment, but my oximeter said my blood oxygen was good and my Covid test was negative with no underlying healthy issues (41 yrs old) so rest, eat healthy, hydrate, and let the mucinex do its work. Two days of coughing up green thick mucus and my lungs started to feel better. This was about a 10 days ago. Pretty quickly my energy returned to normal, back to lifting weights and taking walks (couldn’t run yet, lungs not ready for whatever reason) for the first time in weeks, albeit still with a cough.

Fast forward to yesterday lungs Started getting heavier again and kind of tickling so I’m like enough, back to the doctor today to get the xrays and see what going on. This is like a 6+ week illness at this point.

So today after the tests the Doctor to my surprise tells me I have pneumonia in one lung, and wants to do an ekg, Covid test, and bloodwork. Ekg was good, and now waiting on bloodwork. Antibody test results in 5 days or less, Covid he said by Monday. My Doctor also works at UAB (one of the sites where they have nation leading infectious disease studies) and strongly believes I have/had Covid given the laundry list of symptomS and progression. He’s prescribed antibiotics and a nebulizer to treat the lungs condition, and said 90% chance I should improve.

Never would have bet I had pneumonia, and not sure what I hope to happen next, but I need to get better and shake this most persistent sickness. Btw I’ve never had a fever this entire time, and the second Covid test made my eyes watery and unable to open for 29 seconds, like I had taken a bite from a giant lemon - night and day to the first one - improper swabs could be the reason for many false negatives.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:49 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
Just got back from the Dr’s office after receiving a chest X-ray, 2nd Covid test, and blood drawn for antibody testing.

Had flu like symptoms back in Mid-March, about a week after a trip to Houston for work. The symptoms were body aches, intense lethargy, sinus pressure, dizziness, coughing, light chest pains but no fever so I figured bad sinus infection. April 2nd woke up with bad conjectivitus in both eyes unlike any I’d ever had so I made a doctors appointment. 3 hours later I went to the doctor and instead of seeing the dr they directed to a parking space where they took a Covid swab. The swab was weak, like no tears in my eyes weak. Barely went past the nostrils to get the sample while I sat in my car. Doctor calls me on FaceTime like app and prescribes eye drops. Covid test comes back negative 2 days later.

Then I really got sick. Lungs were aching, couldn’t take deep breaths, truly had two days I was scared and decided if it got any worse I’d seek hospital treatment, but my oximeter said my blood oxygen was good and my Covid test was negative with no underlying healthy issues (41 yrs old) so rest, eat healthy, hydrate, and let the mucinex do its work. Two days of coughing up green thick mucus and my lungs started to feel better. This was about a 10 days ago. Pretty quickly my energy returned to normal, back to lifting weights and taking walks (couldn’t run yet, lungs not ready for whatever reason) for the first time in weeks, albeit still with a cough.

Fast forward to yesterday lungs Started getting heavier again and kind of tickling so I’m like enough, back to the doctor today to get the xrays and see what going on. This is like a 6+ week illness at this point.

So today after the tests the Doctor to my surprise tells me I have pneumonia in one lung, and wants to do an ekg, Covid test, and bloodwork. Ekg was good, and now waiting on bloodwork. Antibody test results in 5 days or less, Covid he said by Monday. My Doctor also works at UAB (one of the sites where they have nation leading infectious disease studies) and strongly believes I have/had Covid given the laundry list of symptomS and progression. He’s prescribed antibiotics and a nebulizer to treat the lungs condition, and said 90% chance I should improve.

Never would have bet I had pneumonia, and not sure what I hope to happen next, but I need to get better and shake this most persistent sickness. Btw I’ve never had a fever this entire time, and the second Covid test made my eyes watery and unable to open for 29 seconds, like I had taken a bite from a giant lemon - night and day to the first one - improper swabs could be the reason for many false negatives.
Glad you are doing better.
[Reply]
TLO 04:50 PM 05-01-2020

That's so strange.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:50 PM 05-01-2020

Damn! Best of luck with all that crap. Let us know what they find out.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 04:52 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Damn! Best of luck with all that crap. Let us know what they find out.
Thanks brother. Sorry for the long post.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:54 PM 05-01-2020

Dude, I hope you get better soon. My Son went through similar in early Feb. 2nd round of pneumonia in a couple of months only this time was worse. Lots of nasty crap in his lung but they weren't Rona testing then. Took him a couple weeks to recover fully. I got "the flu" right after that and had the dry cough, fever, aches. Was sick enough I called into work and stayed in bed. That hasn't happened in years. If I am sick I usually work from home but my ass wasn't moving. Took me almost 2 months before I felt right again. Always felt like I was fighting off something and occasional dry coughing fit that would go away after an hour or so.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 05:06 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude, I hope you get better soon. My Son went through similar in early Feb. 2nd round of pneumonia in a couple of months only this time was worse. Lots of nasty crap in his lung but they weren't Rona testing then. Took him a couple weeks to recover fully. I got "the flu" right after that and had the dry cough, fever, aches. Was sick enough I called into work and stayed in bed. That hasn't happened in years. If I am sick I usually work from home but my ass wasn't moving. Took me almost 2 months before I felt right again. Always felt like I was fighting off something and occasional dry coughing fit that would go away after an hour or so.
Thanks my man. Something is off with all of this (live in Alabama btw), no way Covid just showed up in Washington a month ago. Accurate antibody testing will be the key to this whole jigsaw puzzle, and I’d say what you described sounds a lot like what I’ve been experiencing. The strange thing is my energy levels are exponentially better now than they were, I was beyond exhausted like you described. Hope the Levofloxacin cleans out the pneumonia and gets me to 100% quickly, because if this isnt Covid, there’s some other serious and contagious respiratory ailments making the rounds.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:15 PM 05-01-2020
Did anyone else just have the feeling of not being themselves. Like I am used to being sick and healthy but this year I got sick and there was something weird about it. It zapped all fear and motivation and just had me numb to everything. Sometimes I am so sick it drowns out fear and motivation but I was like 7 out of 10 sick not dying sick but I was just out of it.
[Reply]
Bwana 05:16 PM 05-01-2020
Thanks brother. Sorry for the long post.
No bud, all good, just get 100%.
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 05:27 PM 05-01-2020
Lol, I love it! I'm a big boxing fan too, here's how former HW Champion & current contender Joseph Parker is spending his Corona Quarantine.

Keep up your great work NZ! Your efforts are sending us “Back to the Future” ���� @twigg_emma @tuivasasheck @katrina_rore @lauramcgoldrick13 @martyguptill31 @davidnyika @nickmowbrayzuru @izzy_dagg @montybetham @beaudenbarrett Dame Noeline Taurau ����: #MagicMan @kerryrusselltv �� pic.twitter.com/Hr1IeKtinT

— Joseph Parker (@joeboxerparker) May 1, 2020

Watch the video it's great :-)

Here's some Quarantine trick shots for you.

We bring you our top 5 trickshots of the week - number 4 is magic. ��*♂️ pic.twitter.com/q5HycFu48F

— thesportsman (@TheSportsman) April 24, 2020

All pretty fucking cool.

Here's another where Joltin' Joe ropes current Undisputed Lineal HW World Champion Tyson Fury, along with worlds greatest promoter Eddie Hearn along with other boxing personalities including Michael Buffer to "Do The Time-Warp" sing/dance along to Rocky Horror :-)

Stuck in a time warp #LaineT @D_Higgins_Duco @Tyson_Fury @Shaun_Johnson90 @KaylaCullen12 @ardiesavea @realdealmada @johntui1 @Michael_Buffer @CourtneyTairi @DavidNyika @EddieHearn ����: #MagicManKerryRussellTV pic.twitter.com/ICRweE0Ic2

— Joseph Parker (@joeboxerparker) April 22, 2020

Ticking off my ‘To-Do List’ ✅ #StepBrothersMovie ����: #KerryRussellTV pic.twitter.com/uT83BctME5

— Joseph Parker (@joeboxerparker) April 14, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 05:27 PM 05-01-2020
Thanks my man. Something is off with all of this (live in Alabama btw), no way Covid just showed up in Washington a month ago. Accurate antibody testing will be the key to this whole jigsaw puzzle, and I’d say what you described sounds a lot like what I’ve been experiencing. The strange thing is my energy levels are exponentially better now than they were, I was beyond exhausted like you described. Hope the Levofloxacin cleans out the pneumonia and gets me to 100% quickly, because if this isnt Covid, there’s some other serious and contagious respiratory ailments making the rounds.
Glad you are feeling better. It's not really strange at all. It started in China in Dec and January.

The first case outside of China was found in Thailand on January 13th.

January 31st is when Chinese tourists were thought to have brought it to Italy.

Late February it was first found to have community spread on the West Coast in the United States.

Sure, it was in the United States before March 1st - but only in a very limited capacity which wasn't effecting our health systems and was only community spreading in certain clusters. A virus can only move so fast.

A very normal progression of such a virus based on it's R0 value.
[Reply]
TLO 05:35 PM 05-01-2020
Just taking a wild stab at things but maybe you had covid, got over it, then developed a secondary infection?

Not running a fever is a puzzler though.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:38 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Glad you are feeling better. It's not really strange at all. It started in China in Dec and January.

The first case outside of China was found in Thailand on January 13th.

January 31st is when Chinese tourists were thought to have brought it to Italy.

Late February it was first found to have community spread on the West Coast in the United States.

Sure, it was in the United States before March 1st - but only in a very limited capacity which wasn't effecting our health systems and was only community spreading in certain clusters. A virus can only move so fast.

A very normal progression of such a virus based on it's R0 value.
As of now and from what they know, which is little

WA...Jan 21
Illinois...Jan 26
CA...Jan 26
AZ...Jan 26

This thing was here well before March
[Reply]
Page 1760 of 3903
« First < 760126016601710175017561757175817591760 176117621763176417701810186022602760 > Last »
Up