ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 43
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hosting CB Darby
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:37 PM 03-13-2019

Source: #Eagles CB Ronald Darby is expected to visit the #Chiefs tonight. If all goes well, he could sign considering the serious interest.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
bigdaddychieffan 06:27 PM 03-13-2019
Edge rushers are great but interior pressure is where it is at right now. Only problem is they are much harder to find. We have a great one in Jones and we must resign him.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 06:29 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
And that fan is either full of shit or a moron.
You're arguing he was good for the Eagles?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:30 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Outside of injuries? Umm yes.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:32 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
In 2017 he definitely was, and in 2018 I think he was above average at the very worst.
[Reply]
Chief3188 06:34 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Perhaps fords production has a direct correlation with the amount of dropbacks opposing offenses were forced to have.

You know, other teams playing catch up for the entire game will allow the edge rushers to get after it.
That is very true and possibly inflated his number by a few sacks but he did still get the pressures and FF's as well. Also are we expecting the number of times a team is going to have to drop back against us to go down with Mahomes and the gang over the next several years?

I am indifferent over this trade but I do know it is hard to find pass rushers as a dumbass Jon Gruden once said after a loss last season and yet here we are? Getting rid of 2 out of 3 of our big pass rushers in one offseason while trying to rebuild a defense to compete for a SB next year might not be the correct way to go about it. Hope Veach makes an idiot out of that line of thinking but it is still in the back of my mind.
[Reply]
bigjosh 06:45 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
And you are correct. However this exact same logic can be applied to Chris Jones, who we are by all signs planning to bring out the Brinks truck to pay.

Thats true too, but i feel lime its alot harder to find good-great interior rushers then it is to find edge guys. Whens the last time prior to jones you can remember we had any pressure over the middle?
[Reply]
Iowanian 06:54 PM 03-13-2019
If Darby is a young great cover corner.....why would the eagles let him walk.

Red flag for me about any good FA.

His leg sounds more glued together than Ralphy Parker's dads lamp.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:56 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

They don’t have a ton of cash to give. But more significantly, his injuries have happened in Philly. Probably leaves more of a stain on the partnership.
[Reply]
DenverChief 06:58 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
An edge rusher is going to be 2, possibly 3 of the top 5 picks in the draft this year. Why aren’t they taking DTs that high if they’re more important? Comparing the 2nd highest paid and sought after position in the NFL to FBs and TEs is hilarious.
old habits die hard?

Tom Brady (King of quick release and Super Bowl champ) was sacked 22 times last year in 19 games. Let me break it down for you...

Game 1 - Sacked 2x by NT
Game 2 - Sacked 2x by CB and OLB
Game 3 - Sacked 2x by OLB
Game 4 - Sacked 0
Game 5 - Sacked 0
Game 6 - Sacked 2x ILB/OLB and NT
Game 7 - Sacked 1x ILB
Game 8 - Sacked 2x OLB
Game 9 - Sacked 2x ILB and DE
Game 10 - Sacked 3x ILB/ILB, ILB, CB
Game 11 - Sacked 0
Game 12 - Sacked 0
Game 13 - Sacked 2x CB, DE
Game 14 - Sacked 1x OLB
Game 15 - Sacked 1x S
Game 16 - Sacked 1x DE
Game 17 - Sacked 0
Game 18 - Sacked 0
Game 19 - Sacked 1x DE

4 sacks by a DE over 19 games (22 total sacks) ....seems to be a trend, wish I could put my finger on it....
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:59 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by booger:
Wonder what EJ Gaines asking price is
I wonder what Phillip Gaines asking price is.
[Reply]
bobhill 06:59 PM 03-13-2019
Why did the Chiefs let Berry walk he was a good young fa
[Reply]
FAX 06:59 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

His leg sounds more glued together than Ralphy Parker's dads lamp.
I just heard his interview with Rapaport and it appears that the Greenies would like to have him back.

To me, it sounds like he just wants to test FA. He alluded to the idea that a fresh start wouldn't be bad for him.

He also said that his rehab has been going extremely well. Of course, you would expect that sort of comment. But the Chiefs will check his legs and teeth before they check his handwriting.

FAX
[Reply]
Chief3188 07:00 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Thats true too, but i feel lime its alot harder to find good-great interior rushers then it is to find edge guys. Whens the last time prior to jones you can remember we had any pressure over the middle?
I mean Dontari Poe kind of did but he was more just an all around presence and hole closer I guess. But I do agree with your point that to get an interior player that can be whole and rush the passer is pretty rare.

One other thing to consider since edge rushers grow on trees now, is how long it took Ford and Houston to become such a presence in the backfield. None of them came in and lit it up their rookie year or could have been much of a factor in a postseason run as rookies which we are apparently hoping to do this season.

I am not going to pretend to know as much about football philosophies as all of the Chiefs front office and coaches so maybe the change in style and coaches on the defensive side can do what Reid did for our offense his first year where he got them respectable enough to allow the defense to carry us to the postseason. With this offense, middle of the road is all we will need.
[Reply]
FAX 07:01 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
old habits die hard?

Tom Brady (King of quick release and Super Bowl champ) was sacked 22 times last year in 20 games. Let me break it down for you...

Game 1 - Sacked 2x by NT
Game 2 - Sacked 2x by CB and OLB
Game 3 - Sacked 2x by OLB
Game 4 - Sacked 0
Game 5 - Sacked 0
Game 6 - Sacked 2x ILB/OLB and NT
Game 7 - Sacked 1x ILB
Game 8 - Sacked 2x OLB
Game 9 - Sacked 2x ILB and DE
Game 10 - Sacked 3x ILB/ILB, ILB, CB
Game 11 - Sacked 0
Game 12 - Sacked 0
Game 13 - Sacked 2x CB, DE
Game 14 - Sacked 1x OLB
Game 15 - Sacked 1x S
Game 16 - Sacked 1x DE
Game 17 - Sacked 0
Game 18 - Sacked 0
Game 19 - Sacked 1x DE

4 sacks by a DE over 19 games (22 total sacks) ....seems to be a trend, wish I could put my finger on it....
Excellent investigative skills on display, right there.

Thanks, Mr. DenverChief.

FAX
[Reply]
BossChief 07:01 PM 03-13-2019
I’d offer Verrett and Darby 2 year 10 mill deals.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 43
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up