ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 43
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hosting CB Darby
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:37 PM 03-13-2019

Source: #Eagles CB Ronald Darby is expected to visit the #Chiefs tonight. If all goes well, he could sign considering the serious interest.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:41 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Darby is a proven vet.

The only real question around him is the knee. Dude can play.
Yup. The dislocated ankle worries me as much as the knee though. One major ankle injury, and your foot bone structure is weak for life.

i'm for a Darby signing if the contract is smart with protections. He has game.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:46 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Do we need to go Bashaud Breeland to get this motherfucking piece of shit signed?!?!? I’ll stay up all night and get the fucking post count up if I need to!
LETS DO THIS SHIT MORHERFUCKSR!!!!!!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:46 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

How much is he going to cost?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:51 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
How much is he going to cost?
We bout to find out, yo.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:53 PM 03-13-2019
Is he dropping a mixtapes soon telling us who hes signing with?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:54 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Is he dropping a mixtapes soon telling us who hes signing with?
Yep, it’s called ‘Lick My Drip’
[Reply]
RunKC 09:56 PM 03-13-2019
Nelson and Desir just got $8 million AAV, so that is probably the range he will get. Might be lucky and get him for $7 million AAV bc of his injury.

That’s really not bad at all, especially if it’s a 2 year deal bc you can have this year’s cap hit be a little lower, maybe $5 million. Then just have the cap rise cover the cost of his 2nd year hit when it inevitable goes up again in 2020.

I like the move. Get some cover players in here. They don’t cost much. This is peanuts compared to what Dee Ford and Justin Houston were making.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:58 PM 03-13-2019
If we can get him for what the Steelers paid for Nelson....then I’m fucking happy.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:59 PM 03-13-2019
Nelson and Desir just got $8 million AAV, so that is probably the range he will get. Might be lucky and get him for $7 million AAV bc of his injury.

That’s really not bad at all, especially if it’s a 2 year deal bc you can have this year’s cap hit be a little lower, maybe $5 million. Then just have the cap rise cover the cost of his 2nd year hit when it inevitable goes up again in 2020.

I like the move. Get some cover players in here. They don’t cost much. This is peanuts compared to what Dee Ford and Justin Houston were making.
I think it has to be a 2-year deal. It's the best length for both parties.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think it has to be a 2-year deal. It's the best length for both parties.
I’d go 3 years with an out after two.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:06 PM 03-13-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’d go 3 years with an out after two.
I say two because if it goes bad year one, you move on. If it goes well, he’s around another year before hitting the market again at 27. Better than hitting the market at 28 for him.

If things don’t work out with him in 2019, we’re gonna want to be able to get out of it ASAP as Mahomes and the other guys get big pay days.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:07 PM 03-13-2019
You also notice that Darby is not only a very fast straight line runner, but he can change directions quickly and stay with guys laterally. He’s the best young corner on the market who can do that.

They are stocking up on DB’s to compete against New England’s short game.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:31 PM 03-13-2019
did this piece of shit sign yet
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:34 PM 03-13-2019
You also notice that Darby is not only a very fast straight line runner, but he can change directions quickly and stay with guys laterally. He’s the best young corner on the market who can do that.

I think it’s more about fixing the back end in general than a New England counter; I’m sure Veach and Reid saw what having strong coverage guys allowed the Pats to do with their front 7, despite it being mostly no names.

I’m guesing the Chiefs wanna do something similar, and we already have a leg up in interior pressure with Jones. Have tight ass coverage in the back and go crazy scheming ways to blitz up front. Do that, and you don’t need to pay a premium for someone like Ford.
[Reply]
xztop123 10:54 PM 03-13-2019

He’s a track star. Should be the third fastest guy on the roster
[Reply]
Page 14 of 43
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up