ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 64
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers: Infinity War
keg in kc 02:23 PM 02-11-2017
(Thinking we've abused the Civil War thread enough...)

[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
I was a little disappointed in that. Not sure how Ms. Marvel is going to fill in there. That doesn't really make sense.
Same here

Maybe I’m just not well enough versed in it
[Reply]
Ebolapox 10:09 AM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah I read that. I’m not sure how I feel about that or how they’re gonna reverse some things that happened with captain marvel but we’ll see
Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 10:14 AM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Spott 10:15 AM 04-29-2018
Saw it last night and am immediately pissed that we have to wait a year for the next one. I want to see it now!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:40 AM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
After finally running into a friend that saw it, and being able to finally go over it with someone, think about it for a couple of days, and come down from the high of seeing a movie that lived up to hype for the first time in some time now, I'm changing my opinion on it somewhat. I'm removing it from the discussion of best ever, and being in the top five, let alone top three. Dark Knight, Logan, Winter Soldier, Unbreakable, and First Class are the five best. Infinity War is worthy of being very close, and part two can break the top five with maybe even knocking out Unbreakable, Logan, Or Dark Knight of a top spot.

I'll obviously be able to go into detail once spoilers are on the table, and we can openly discuss this tomorrow. One thing that I should be able to mention to support my claim is pointing to the Dark Knight Rises, and how it was without question flawed, but done with near perfection on almost every level that major plot holes were easy to forgive. And it was slightly better than AIW1
Interesting....I have not seen the movie yet, but one of the guys I work with who saw it said that it was right there with Dark Knight as one of his favorites.

While I enjoyed Winter Soldier and First Class, this movie would have to disappoint me not to be top 2 from what I have heard and read to this point.

And honestly....I thought Logan was slow and poorly done. In some way I agree with CoMo's earlier assertion that they have pretty much milked that franchise (Wolverine) to the point where it should just be left to rest or rebooted. And I am a big Wolverine fan too...
[Reply]
banecat 11:06 AM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Interesting....I have not seen the movie yet, but one of the guys I work with who saw it said that it was right there with Dark Knight as one of his favorites.

While I enjoyed Winter Soldier and First Class, this movie would have to disappoint me not to be top 2 from what I have heard and read to this point.

And honestly....I thought Logan was slow and poorly done. In some way I agree with CoMo's earlier assertion that they have pretty much milked that franchise (Wolverine) to the point where it should just be left to rest or rebooted. And I am a big Wolverine fan too...
It's a good movie. And part two can elevate this one along with it. The jury's out, and will be. I think that Logan is hurt by being the third in a trilogy along with two awful films. Things can change quickly with these.

Iron Man was extremely good when it came out, but it has been passed by several since then, and just isn't what it once was. And it's only been ten years. Batman Begins is a very good movie, but it's not Dark Knight. There's just something about TDK. Maybe that's what AIW1 is, and I didn't catch it
[Reply]
RunKC 11:10 AM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:56 AM 04-29-2018
It's a good movie. And part two can elevate this one along with it. The jury's out, and will be. I think that Logan is hurt by being the third in a trilogy along with two awful films. Things can change quickly with these.

Iron Man was extremely good when it came out, but it has been passed by several since then, and just isn't what it once was. And it's only been ten years. Batman Begins is a very good movie, but it's not Dark Knight. There's just something about TDK. Maybe that's what AIW1 is, and I didn't catch it
I don't think we should view Logan as being in a trilogy, though. It's more a standalone film than anything else.

I also think people might view Batman Begins as being better now after TDKR was released than before since it set up so many things for TDKR.

I think, from what I have seen in person and from what I've read in reviews. Winter Soldier or Infinity War might be the best Marvel movie. Winter Soldier can't really compare to TDK, IMO, but Infinity War might be on par with TDK.

At least Infinity War is way better than Civil War.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:03 PM 04-29-2018
Batman Begins is the most underrated superhero movie of all time. The only one that comes close is Blade.
[Reply]
banecat 12:03 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I don't think we should view Logan as being in a trilogy, though. It's more a standalone film than anything else.

I also think people might view Batman Begins as being better now after TDKR was released than before since it set up so many things for TDKR.

I think, from what I have seen in person and from what I've read in reviews. Winter Soldier or Infinity War might be the best Marvel movie. Winter Soldier can't really compare to TDK, IMO, but Infinity War might be on par with TDK.

At least Infinity War is way better than Civil War.
True. Logan is it's own thing. Probably Fox's best, with TDK being DC's best, and the debate between winter soldier, and infinity war for the best of marvel

I forgot to add that Civil War was such a letdown. Black Panther was awesome, though, and almost saved that film
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:05 PM 04-29-2018
The movie was awesome, by the way. Fantastic from start to finish.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:08 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Batman Begins is the most underrated superhero movie of all time. The only one that comes close is Blade.
Watchmen.

Give me a Watchmen reboot with incorporating the button storyline and the upcoming Doomsday Clock plot and people's minds will be blown.

True. Logan is it's own thing. Probably Fox's best, with TDK being DC's best, and the debate between winter soldier, and infinity war for the best of marvel
Assuming they don't fuck up Avengers 4, Infinity War and Avengers 4 should be viewed in a higher regard than Winter Soldier.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:09 PM 04-29-2018
On another note:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
banecat 12:15 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Batman Begins is, and I'll give you that about Blade. It's been lost in the superhero movie craze. Especially showing that a comic film can be have an r rating, and still be viable paving the way for Deadpool in a way. I recall after Man of Steel came out someone stating that it wasn't a bad movie, but unlike Superman I and II, it wasn't memorable. In a different way that applies to Batman Begins and TDK. Both were great, but TDK is and will go down as the memorable part of that series
[Reply]
banecat 12:20 PM 04-29-2018
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Watchmen.

Give me a Watchmen reboot with incorporating the button storyline and the upcoming Doomsday Clock plot and people's minds will be blown.

Assuming they don't **** up Avengers 4, Infinity War and Avengers 4 should be viewed in a higher regard than Winter Soldier.
Watchmen was first in my book for a few years. I liked how they took the graphic novel and put it directly onto the screen only slightly altering one part. But I read an article that pointed out that it lost a lot in the transfer in the direct move from page to screen. A reboot might be able to do it perfectly
[Reply]
Page 26 of 64
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up