ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 324
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 05:06 PM 01-31-2019
Emmitt Thomas is back on chiefs coaching page
[Reply]
New World Order 05:09 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Aside from the obvious drafting well, I’d like to see us offload talented players we don’t plan on resigning.
Dee Ford is a possibility this year, though I don’t see Andy doing that unfortunately.

I think we need to trade Sammy Watkins after 2019. He simply isn’t worth the money and his value should be worth a 2nd rd pick. Recoup value and get another cheap, young player to replace them.

Pats are great at this. Just did it with Brandin Cooks.
Would you extend and restructure Sammy?

Trading him might be hard with a 21 million dollar cap hit in 2020
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:22 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
What he signs it before you can deal him? Stuck with a 15 mil cap hit for a dufus that is far from a complete player. He's not worth 15 mil at all.
Most guys don't sign until WELL into the FA period.

Of the last 10 franchise players to sign contracts after being tagged. From what I can tell two signed in March, 2 in April, 2 in May and the rest in July.

The only guy to sign his tender within a few days of being tagged was Justin Tucker. He's a freaking kicker.

Dee Ford isn't going to sign before they know whether or not somebody wants him. To let him walk for nothing is the epitome of stupid takes.
[Reply]
Shields68 05:23 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

The last play of our season features Speaks getting manhandled by Gronk. :-)

K-pass gets wham blocked to open up the other side of the hole - doesn't seem like much he could do.

Ragland gets taken out of the play by the FB and Hitchens gets pushed out of the play by a guard (I think) who shoots through the line.

One of Ragland, Speaks or Hitchens beats his man there and at least we put them in 3rd down. Ragland and Hitchens just played passive and let blockers eat them up all year for the most part. Hopefully better coaching will turn that around.
Not seeing Speaks being manhandled. He has outside containment. Comes off the ball, gets a push up field and then everyone to his left just gets blown to the inside.

It also looks like the Chiefs had a very unbalanced line, expecting a run to the right. The safety seemed late getting over and needed to shoot the gap and take on the FB with Ragland
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:23 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Feel like that’s something that you have to feel out this week at the Super Bowl, at the combine... talk to teams. See what Ford’s trade market might be.

They won’t tag him blindly without knowing if he’s going to be tradeable.
Of course they would, it's the Chiefs. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:24 PM 01-31-2019
He's absolutely slower than rookie Hali.
:-)

He most certainly is not.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:25 PM 01-31-2019
Eye test on the field = no fucking way. No one ever said early career Tamba was slow. Speaks looks slow. Maybe he's just not as quick or something.
75% of the draftniks on this board spent a YEAR bitching about the Hali pick. Slow, small, you name it. And when the 3-4 came, it started all over again.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:59 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
What he signs it before you can deal him? Stuck with a 15 mil cap hit for a dufus that is far from a complete player. He's not worth 15 mil at all.
DUDE. you're not understanding how this works.

Of course he'll sign it, the trade depends on it. Otherwise, how could you trade him? He ain't yours.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:02 PM 01-31-2019
You guys that hate Speaks don't like him because A) you wanted to draft someone else in that spot or B) he looked like shit trying to cover RB's in the flat.

A) yeah well, whatever. and B) No shit. he's 275 fucking pounds. The fuck was Sutton thinking? It's almost like he said, " You know what, fuck you then. I'll put that sonofabitch in coverage. that'll show ya."
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:14 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You guys that hate Speaks don't like him because A) you wanted to draft someone else in that spot or B) he looked like shit trying to cover RB's in the flat.

A) yeah well, whatever. and B) No shit. he's 275 fucking pounds. The fuck was Sutton thinking? It's almost like he said, " You know what, fuck you then. I'll put that sonofabitch in coverage. that'll show ya."
I don't hate Speaks but I hated the pick at the time. He had no business playing 3-4 OLB. It will be nice to see what he can do when he's put in better situations.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:20 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

What was Sutton thinking.....really? It was Veach and Reid that said Speaks would be an OLB in this defense. Sutton merely played him where he was told.
Speaks was either a big mistake or Veach drafted him for the change in defense. I think Speaks could and probably will have much more impact as a DE in the 4-3.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:40 PM 01-31-2019
I wish we could see the first domino fall already here. I feel like it’s Houston or Ford—one stays, one goes. Probably Ford because he’s got the trade value.

It just makes too much sense given the cap situation and lack of back end talent. You’ve still got Jones as your best pass rusher so it’s not like it becomes a bad unit by any means. I just hope they can find ways to effectively use the cap space that will be created in such a scenario. We need a lot more talent at the 2nd and 3rd levels.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:52 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I wish we could see the first domino fall already here. I feel like it’s Houston or Ford—one stays, one goes. Probably Ford because he’s got the trade value.

It just makes too much sense given the cap situation and lack of back end talent. You’ve still got Jones as your best pass rusher so it’s not like it becomes a bad unit by any means. I just hope they can find ways to effectively use the cap space that will be created in such a scenario. We need a lot more talent at the 2nd and 3rd levels.
yup.
If they can move money around to lower Houston's cap hit, either converting it to signing bonus, or extending or what have you and get it down to a reasonable amount, I'm all for keeping him.

I mean; Jones and Houston next to each other on the weakside in a one gap 4-3 under is pretty dope.

BUT-we need multiple guys and you can't just do it with a draft. of our big 3 defensive contracts, I just don't see how you can rebuild this defense keeping two of the three. ONE maybe.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:55 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
What was Sutton thinking.....really? It was Veach and Reid that said Speaks would be an OLB in this defense. Sutton merely played him where he was told.
Speaks was either a big mistake or Veach drafted him for the change in defense. I think Speaks could and probably will have much more impact as a DE in the 4-3.
well, I don't see how Andy and Veach were planning on him being in coverage on RB's. This is something that bothered me about Sutton-he takes whoever, with whatever skillset, and forces them into his scheme whether it fits or not. Speaks or Kpass in coverage is stupid. Nelson 1 on 1 with no safety help down the sideline is stupid. But he would line them up that way, week in and week out. It just made no sense.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:13 PM 01-31-2019
Nate Taylor is convinced Ford is staying, so maybe that “trade” everyone is hoping for is a mirage.

I really wish there was a way to get out of the Berry mess. That contract is handcuffing the roster big time.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 324
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165215 > Last »
Up