ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 324
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
BossChief 11:56 AM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm anxious to see Speaks back in the 4-3. I think they did him a big disservice last year. Him emerging as a starter means they can do almost anything they want with Houston and/or Ford. He's one of the lynchpins to rebuilding this defense. He reminded me a lot of Tamba Hali in college and I think he has that kind of potential.
That’s exactly who I compared him to.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:12 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Warrick:
Speaks will never be in the same league as Hali... Speaks is way too slow.
People said the exact same thing about Hali. Hindsight is an interesting thing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:13 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
If Reid really does think it's all about interior pressure in the modern NFL, does it make since to pay Dee Ford big bucks?
Given his history, I wouldn't give him big bucks regardless. However, the answer to your question is no.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:16 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
People said the exact same thing about Hali. Hindsight is an interesting thing.
I’m pretty sure there 40 times were fairly close IIRC
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:21 PM 01-31-2019
The question becomes...

Do you have KPass gain weight to play on the inside or do you have him she’d about 20 lbs and play DE?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:33 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The question becomes...

Do you have KPass gain weight to play on the inside or do you have him she’d about 20 lbs and play DE?
He's 289 lbs and fast for that size.

I don't think you need to make any physical changes. He's big enough to play inside, and quick enough to play outside.

Now, technique-wise, there's lots of room for improvement.

Physically, he's a freak; I look forward to seeing if Spags can bring out the best in him. He's kind of Michael Strahan in measurables.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:49 PM 01-31-2019
I wouldnt tag Dee Ford or resign him, tell him thanks for the good season and also thanks for fucking us out of a super bowl. Use that money for something else
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:54 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I wouldnt tag Dee Ford or resign him, tell him thanks for the good season and also thanks for ****ing us out of a super bowl. Use that money for something else
Hell yes. Kick him out the door.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 01:30 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I like Speaks at SDE then sliding down inside to replace Nnadi on passing downs.

I disagree about Houston playing SAM. If Vernon could do it, Houston certainly can.

The question is what happens with Ford. If Ford is tagged and not traded, he’s definitely be the LEO (WDE). If not, I think Houston will be.
I thought Olivier always played WDE when spags was in NY. I dont think i've ever seen him drop.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:34 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
I thought Olivier always played WDE when spags was in NY. I dont think i've ever seen him drop.
Originally Posted by :
SAM linebacker - When most think of the 4-3 defense, they think of three off-ball linebackers on the second level behind four defensive linemen. With the 4-3 Under, one of those off-ball linebackers shifts down close to the line of scrimmage — still standing — and can rush the passer or drop into coverage to carry a tight end to the safeties in the second level. During Spagnuolo’s second run as a defensive coordinator with the New York Giants, he acquired Olivier Vernon and Devon Kennard. Vernon played this role sparingly, but was still effective. Vernon is a large outside linebacker with limited coverage ability but was able to defend the run very well off of the tight end and could find a lot of success as a pass rusher standing up. If that sounds familiar to you, it should — it’s quite similar to what Justin Houston has offered the Chiefs recently.
I forgot the sparingly part of this, but Houston is much better in coverage than Vernon.

Either way, I think the most likely scenario is he plays LEO and we tag and trade Ford.
[Reply]
Warrick 02:21 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m pretty sure there 40 times were fairly close IIRC
That was before Speaks put on a few pounds...
[Reply]
chinaski 02:24 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I wouldnt tag Dee Ford or resign him, tell him thanks for the good season and also thanks for ****ing us out of a super bowl. Use that money for something else
Dumb considering the numbers he put up this season and the fact he's a former 1st round draft pick. Tag and trade is the wiser decision. Get SOMETHING for the guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:31 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by Warrick:
That was before Speaks put on a few pounds...
Lol wut?

Speaks hasn’t put on weight since the combine.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:35 PM 01-31-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Dumb considering the numbers he put up this season and the fact he's a former 1st round draft pick. Tag and trade is the wiser decision. Get SOMETHING for the guy.
if you tag him and nobody offers much then you're screwed and stuck paying him 15 million
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:37 PM 01-31-2019

The @Patriots are headed to Super Bowl LIII �� pic.twitter.com/YpK3MWwdtV

— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) January 21, 2019

The last play of our season features Speaks getting manhandled by Gronk. :-)

K-pass gets wham blocked to open up the other side of the hole - doesn't seem like much he could do.

Ragland gets taken out of the play by the FB and Hitchens gets pushed out of the play by a guard (I think) who shoots through the line.

One of Ragland, Speaks or Hitchens beats his man there and at least we put them in 3rd down. Ragland and Hitchens just played passive and let blockers eat them up all year for the most part. Hopefully better coaching will turn that around.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 324
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Up