ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 42
« First < 303637383940 4142 >
Media Center>Stranger Things (Netflix)...
unlurking 09:25 AM 06-10-2016
This looks great...

[Reply]
listopencil 10:38 PM 07-11-2022
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
I feel like it makes more sense to kill Nancy.
Nancy is slowly starving herself to death so she should be gone soon anyway.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:22 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Nancy is slowly starving herself to death so she should be gone soon anyway.
Her face is cute as a button but looking like you have cancer isn't hot unless you're a sadist...
[Reply]
Jamie 04:50 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Spoilers.

My main gripe. Eddie died needlessly. He wasn't saving anyone by staying or running.
I guess you could argue he prevented the bats from killing the others while they were being held in the vines, though that does beg the question of why the vines didn't just choke them out in the first place.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:53 PM 07-12-2022
Finally reached Chapter 8. Hoping to finally wrap this up so i can participate in this thread. To this point i've surprisingly been able to hide from spoilers. Ive been binge watching all week, starting at season 3. Hope to wrap it up tonight.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:30 AM 07-13-2022
So Vecna is awesome. I love great monster design and he's a good one. Much better than the Hamburger Monster of season 3.

As far as Eddie's death goes, i like to think that he ran away from the trailer to lure the bats away from being able to enter through the portal. Had he fled through the portal the bats woulda chased him into the real world. That's what im going with at least. Otherwise, yeah, that death was pointless and stupid.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:42 AM 07-13-2022
Eddie HAD to die. He was a tragic character from the beginning. I mean, if he had lived, what kind of life would he have come back to in Hawkins? There would still be a manhunt for him since half the town (and now apparently the news media) blames him for opening some 'portal to hell'. I think the Duffer brothers did the best they could with killing him off in the upside down. And at least they gave him an epic guitar solo that will always be remembered before he died. So there's that.

Max being 'brought back to life' (if you wanna call it that) is kind of stupid. It trivializes her death and sacrifice. Now I guess if they're using that for the plot device of 'well, because she isn't totally forever dead' the portal between dimensions isn't totally forever open, then I guess I see it a little bit, but still think there's a better direction they could have gone with than that (IF that is even what they're doing).

Can't wait to see what they do with Season 5 . . . . .
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:07 AM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Eddie HAD to die. He was a tragic character from the beginning. I mean, if he had lived, what kind of life would he have come back to in Hawkins? There would still be a manhunt for him since half the town (and now apparently the news media) blames him for opening some 'portal to hell'. I think the Duffer brothers did the best they could with killing him off in the upside down. And at least they gave him an epic guitar solo that will always be remembered before he died. So there's that.

This was the obvious and only possible conclusion once they decided that the public found him responsible for the murders. They couldn't have him being a wanted murderer for the rest of his life.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:19 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Max being 'brought back to life' (if you wanna call it that) is kind of stupid. It trivializes her death and sacrifice. Now I guess if they're using that for the plot device of 'well, because she isn't totally forever dead' the portal between dimensions isn't totally forever open, then I guess I see it a little bit, but still think there's a better direction they could have gone with than that (IF that is even what they're doing).

Can't wait to see what they do with Season 5 . . . . .
They'll have to rescue Max to invalidate the death to close the portal. With lots of little adolescent emo moments thrown in.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:10 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This was the obvious and only possible conclusion once they decided that the public found him responsible for the murders. They couldn't have him being a wanted murderer for the rest of his life.
Yeah...killing him off then the earthquake explained away any residual plot hangover for season 5...other than One is still kicking.

Shame...he was a really strong character addition but what were they going do...have him hiding for another entire season.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:33 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
They'll have to rescue Max to invalidate the death to close the portal. With lots of little adolescent emo moments thrown in.
You're the heart! YOU'RE the heart! YOU'RE THE heart! YOU'RE THE HEART!!
[Reply]
Bowser 02:06 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
*Metallica power-riffing intensifies*
[Reply]
listopencil 07:14 PM 07-14-2022
I was watching on my PC so it was nice to be able to skip those scenes with a few clicks. Really cut down on the 3 hour 45 minute run time of the finale.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:31 AM 07-15-2022
There is a lot of talk on twitter from DUngeons and dragons enthusiasts that say vecna is not the main boss. There is a five headed dragon. Will draws a picture of this dragon which has mike holding a shield with a heart and a sword. Foreshadowing.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:52 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
There is a lot of talk on twitter from DUngeons and dragons enthusiasts that say vecna is not the main boss. There is a five headed dragon. Will draws a picture of this dragon which has mike holding a shield with a heart and a sword. Foreshadowing.
*fishpicker avatar-ing intensifies*
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 10:37 PM 07-21-2022
I just finished Stranger Things. The Russia storyline was the biggest waste of time ever. It was a good season though better than 3 but I liked 2 the best. All of the seasons are pretty good though.

That episode with Max almost dying earlier in the season had me in the edge of my seat. So good. Hope she doesn't die in a future episode because I like her character.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 42
« First < 303637383940 4142 >
Up