ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 42
« First < 283435363738 39404142 >
Media Center>Stranger Things (Netflix)...
unlurking 09:25 AM 06-10-2016
This looks great...

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:08 PM 07-05-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I get that. Will was like "I knew when I saw you that first night in the woods that I loved you. I love you now and I will always love you!" or some shit and I was just like.. barf!

In general, I find romantic relationships between children to be super cringy so I've never liked that part of the show.
Yea, this is the one I'm talking about. It's only 2 1/2 minutes long, but for me it felt like 10 minutes. I just kept thinking "We get it. You love her. Move on now."

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:10 PM 07-05-2022
I may be a bit tainted because Mike & Will are two of my least favorite characters. "Mike, remember you are the heart. YOU ARE THE HEART!"
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 01:42 PM 07-05-2022
I sometimes feel that the miniseries format often stretches scenes in a way we aren't comfortable viewing. We've been conditioned by the 90 minute movie format to experience things in a fast-forwarded fashion. Exposition and character development are rushed and perfunctory. When the story is told over 10 hours we are shown a lot more character development, but not always in a well written manner. Sometimes they just say the same thing they would have said in the short format, but repeat it 4 times to fill the time of a 10 hour format.

In short: I hear what you are saying Mr. Plow.
[Reply]
notorious 03:12 PM 07-05-2022
It'd be epic if they all died, and discover there is an alternate world beyond the upside down that's a lot like heaven.
[Reply]
notorious 03:14 PM 07-05-2022
Or Dustin can wake up when he's 11 and it was all a dream. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:17 PM 07-05-2022
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I sometimes feel that the miniseries format often stretches scenes in a way we aren't comfortable viewing. We've been conditioned by the 90 minute movie format to experience things in a fast-forwarded fashion. Exposition and character development are rushed and perfunctory. When the story is told over 10 hours we are shown a lot more character development, but not always in a well written manner. Sometimes they just say the same thing they would have said in the short format, but repeat it 4 times to fill the time of a 10 hour format.

In short: I hear what you are saying Mr. Plow.
I don't think it's how short or long these types of scenes are, more how captivating and efficient and useful.

They could have used that same extended scene to say something passionate and novel about love, or whatever they wanted to convey, and if it drew you in, you wouldn't notice the time elapsed.

My personal bugaboo in the opposite direction, has anyone gone back recently and watched the opening minutes of Con-Air? It's almost like a comic book panel, one-shot pitch of the entire backstory for whomever Nic Cage's character was

Bam - out of jail
Bam - off to honkey tonk
Bam - girlfriend
Boom - endless love
Bash - bad guy
Bam - local ruffian
Zowee - In front of the judge
Wowee - Locked back up

Like 30 seconds elapsed. . . . I'm sure it was more like 5 minutes, but still you get the point.
[Reply]
Iowanian 05:44 PM 07-05-2022
This isn’t the kind of show I typically give a second thought, and hadn’t. My kids harassed me into trying it and I’m now about halfway through season 3. It’s different and I enjoy the 80s stuff because in theory they’d have been about my age during those years.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:01 PM 07-05-2022
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
This isn’t the kind of show I typically give a second thought, and hadn’t. My kids harassed me into trying it and I’m now about halfway through season 3. It’s different and I enjoy the 80s stuff because in theory they’d have been about my age during those years.
The set designers and the people in charge of the props have done an unbelievable job recreating the mid-80's. Definitely part of what drew me in to watching.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:44 AM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Or Dustin can wake up when he's 11 and it was all a dream. :-)
*Wakes up with no teeth on a D&D board*
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 02:38 PM 07-06-2022
Spoiler!
:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:59 PM 07-06-2022

[Reply]
KCUnited 06:02 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I may be a bit tainted because Mike & Will are two of my least favorite characters. "Mike, remember you are the heart. YOU ARE THE HEART!"
Throwback 80s writing

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:44 PM 07-06-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Throwback 80s writing

Don't you dare bring the Goonies into this! :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:08 AM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by Clyde Frog:
Spoiler!
:-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:23 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
It'd be epic if they all died, and discover there is an alternate world beyond the upside down that's a lot like heaven.
The downside up?
[Reply]
Page 38 of 42
« First < 283435363738 39404142 >
Up