ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 516 of 1208
« First < 16416466506512513514515516 5175185195205265666161016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:42 PM 05-09-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Yeah, it would hold better if I let it sit for 15 minutes. Too damn hungry and it smells too good to wait.

Okay, looking for opinions from everyone. Do you cook your meatloaf in a loaf pan or in a more open container like my broiler pan? My thinking was I didn't want my meatloaf swimming in fat when it was done. However, the drippings in my boiler pan were delicious (only swiped a finger and flushed most down the drain). If the drippings were infused through the loaf, it would have been crack.
I never cook it on a broiler pan but in a loaf pan, or round ceramic pan with a round shaped loaf in the middle or round cast iron.

I have never had to allow it to sit so it won't break up. That suggests to me that the ratio of what it's mixed with is off because it doesn't bind enough.

Mine still has juices oozing out that mix with the tomato sauce I use on top. I NEVER use ketchup on top. Sometimes I might also add cheese, or bacon or both on top of the tomato sauce.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:46 PM 05-09-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I never cook it on a broiler pan but in a loaf pan, or round ceramic pan with a round shaped loaf in the middle or round cast iron.

I have never had to allow it to sit so it won't break up. That suggests to me that the ratio of what it's mixed with is off because it doesn't bind enough.

Mine still has juices oozing out that mix with the tomato sauce I use on top. I NEVER use ketchup on top. Sometimes I might also add cheese, or bacon or both on top of the tomato sauce.
Ketchup, brown sugar, and a healthy dose of dijion is amazing. But my next batch will go in a loaf pan.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:15 AM 05-10-2017
Ketchup, brown sugar, and a healthy dose of dijion is amazing. But my next batch will go in a loaf pan.
My meatloaf is my mom's and it's an Italian one. So I use just tomato sauce on top and I use small diced green peppers in my mix. I also don't need the sugar.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:43 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
I like my wife's enchilada casserole shit she makes. Kinda like a lasagna style formation with layers of corn tortillas, verde sauce, chicken, cheese and jalapeņos. She uses Costcos rotisserie chicken, just shreds it up and puts everything together. Super easy and good.
We don't have a Costco, but my wife loves using the Walmart rotisserie chickens for various meals. I avoid it whenever possible. Something just doesn't seem right with them.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:46 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by Sorce:
After the meatloaf posts, I had the wife make meatloaf tonight. Fell apart a bit transferring it from the pan but was delicious.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Still looks tasty. Any of you guys make a sauce for the too of the meatloaf? Or do we always use ketchup? The wife switched it up and used the Whataburger spicy ketchup on top the last time I asked for meatloaf. It was okay, but I think the sweetness of plain ketchup works best.
[Reply]
TimBone 12:49 AM 05-10-2017
Oh, I should have kept reading. This sounds good as a topping.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:04 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Oh, I should have kept reading. This sounds good as a topping.
I'd keep the brown sugar, add some Worchestershire, skip the dijon, and substitute powdered mustard seed and a few shakes of Tabasco instead.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:33 AM 05-10-2017
Yeah, it would hold better if I let it sit for 15 minutes. Too damn hungry and it smells too good to wait.

Okay, looking for opinions from everyone. Do you cook your meatloaf in a loaf pan or in a more open container like my broiler pan? My thinking was I didn't want my meatloaf swimming in fat when it was done. However, the drippings in my boiler pan were delicious (only swiped a finger and flushed most down the drain). If the drippings were infused through the loaf, it would have been crack.

Free form outside of a loaf pan. Id think you'd want to let et the fat flow out or it could get greasy unless you're using really lean meat.

Glaze on my last one was ketchup, brown sugar, cider vinegar, and hot sauce.
[Reply]
Sorce 06:43 AM 05-10-2017
We use brown sugar dijon ketchup and a couple dashes of hot sauce. We cook ours in a loaf pan then transfer it so it can drain a bit the last 10 minutes or so.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:56 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by Sorce:
We use brown sugar dijon ketchup and a couple dashes of hot sauce. We cook ours in a loaf pan then transfer it so it can drain a bit the last 10 minutes or so.

I've debated using a loaf pan until it sets the shape then transferring out.
[Reply]
Sorce 06:58 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I've debated using a loaf pan until it sets the shape then transferring out.
As you can see mine didn't transfer as easily as I wanted but was still very tasty.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:32 AM 05-10-2017

Try it in a loaf pan but put bread at the bottom first to soak up the drippings. And good luck with your pipes if you flush grease down them. Also, if you make meatloaf frequently, they actually make a meatloaf pan that has a separate compartment that the grease drips into.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:30 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Try it in a loaf pan but put bread at the bottom first to soak up the drippings. And good luck with your pipes if you flush grease down them. Also, if you make meatloaf frequently, they actually make a meatloaf pan that has a separate compartment that the grease drips into.
Yeah, don't send grease down the sink. Some guys get away with it. I'm not brave enough.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:47 AM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, don't send grease down the sink. Some guys get away with it. I'm not brave enough.
My house is on a corner with an alley down the middle of it and that's the sewer where everyone on the block drain into. My house is the low point. The alley drain has clogged 3 times in the almost 20 years I've lived there because of people pouring grease down their drains and flooded my basement.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:11 PM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
**** you buzz...

Although I did get out long enough to run to Danny Edwards today.

I worked at a small print shop out of college from the old Danny Edwards location on Grand. We did some work for him and when I delivered his printing, he would feed me whatever the special was that day, nice enough guy.

I went to the new location about 5 years ago and he had gotten a bit pricey, food was still pretty good from what I remember.
[Reply]
Page 516 of 1208
« First < 16416466506512513514515516 5175185195205265666161016 > Last »
Up