ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Thom Brennaman calls Kansas City "one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world"
Sassy Squatch 06:46 PM 08-19-2020

Longtime Cincinnati Reds announcer Thom Brennaman was caught on a hot mic saying “one of the pillowbiter capitals of the world.” He is currently announcing the second game of the Reds’ doubleheader against Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/Uwz07eRIKv

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 20, 2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:32 PM 08-19-2020
:-)

Still laughing about this. Showed it to my cousin.

We used to put that kind of emphasis on that word when we were teenagers.

God, he really slammed it out hard. Almost dirty-talk style. Makes you wonder if he enjoys visiting that capital...

[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:33 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Yeah, dumbass got himself canned.

I’m not even 100% sure he was actually talking about KC.

But you gotta be smarter than that when you’re a broadcaster.

Dumbass.
I know right?

I lived in Kansas City for a long time and I don't ever remember that being a signifier of the city :-)

I have no issues with that particular community, but they might, having KC listed as the expletive deleted capital.

Have some self awareness
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:35 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Blazing Saddles
It’s a pretty hilarious line the way that Slim Pickens delivers it. Was that something Mel Brooks just made up or is there some sort of history behind it?
[Reply]
Jerok 09:38 PM 08-19-2020
How do you know he was talking about KC?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:40 PM 08-19-2020
fuck skyline
[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:41 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
I know right?

I lived in Kansas City for a long time and I don't ever remember that being a signifier of the city :-)

I have no issues with that particular community, but they might, having KC listed as the expletive deleted capital.

Have some self awareness
There's not any real evidence that he was actually talking about KC.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:47 PM 08-19-2020
Even if statistically it was true, Cincinnati talking shit on us? On anyone? Know your place mother fuckers and get back to being the secondary sports city in a college football state.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:49 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
There's not any real evidence that he was actually talking about KC.
Hey, I just watched the video and it gave me a chuckle, Im not calling for the guy's job; I just found it funny that if in fact he was referencing KC, he'd be picking a really weird hill to die on based on the years I lived there...

I'm not condemning the guy based on an edited clip, I'm just laughing at the absurdity of it..
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:52 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Even if statistically it was true, Cincinnati talking shit on us? On anyone? Know your place mother ****ers and get back to being the secondary sports city in a college football state.
No shit. They eat chili on spaghetti. Fuck those guys.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 09:53 PM 08-19-2020
Even if he believes himself to not be homophobic and wanted to pass it off as a lame joke, why would you say that within shouting distance of ANY on-air microphone?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:59 PM 08-19-2020
Could he have meant, the cigarette capital of the world?
[Reply]
vonBobo 10:01 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I like him as an announcer.

And honestly I don't understand why he has to be fired. In a reasonable world he would be suspended for a few weeks/months and that would be the end of it. But we live in this snowflake hugely over-twitterpated universe that just waits to be triggered by things like this, so he's almost assuredly gone.
Sometimes the reasonable world fails at progressing and the rest of society is forced into fixing the broken links.

It's also sad that so many people on this broadcast team enabled this behavior. If one exec could have told them to clean it up then this might not have happened. Now the entire team is going to be under the microscope because one guy couldn't keep his mouth shut.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:23 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Interesting on how that would sound
Did you want to join us bb
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:28 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
:-) why the f would he ever say that?
How else are you supposed to express which cities have a lot of fags?
[Reply]
MAG 10:32 PM 08-19-2020
back in my day, we just called that San Francisco.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up