ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 153
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:53 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I am so ****ing shit of this ****ing partisan political bullshit. This is my favorite show in years on tv and now I have to ignore the thread about it because it's hijacked by pages and pages of worthless bullshit that has ****ing nothing to do with the show itself all because the far and away worst ****ing actor on the show got fired for being a ****ing idiot. But hey, maybe she can win an award for acting now, if somebody starts a "career darwin award for dummies".

Maybe I should start a "Right Wing Safe Space" where all the Conservative snowflakes can get together, proudly display their Trump brand Victim Cards and cry endlessly about the injustice of it all, how the Disney Overlords In Commiewood don't play fair and Star Trek sucks. Oh wait, that's the DC Forum. Well shit. Nevermind. Oh well,

Hey! I know! Maybe I can start a "Left Wing Creative Bankruptcy Reeducation Camp" where we talk about which popular 70s or 80s show or movie is going to get rebooted next and why it 100% needs to star a non-cis half latina, quarter African, 12% east Asian hermaphrodite and make sure we get apologies from all the white men who made the original for not getting it right the first time. Even though some of them had the audacity to not be white or male. ****ing privilege!

I hate this ****ing place so much sometimes. And by "this place" I mean every place. Because I can't get away from this political bullshit anywhere, and I'm so ****ing tired of it. I just want to go back to talking about how awesome it was to see Luke Skywalker be a badass and what's going to happen next season. **** Gina Carano. **** Disney. **** you. **** me.
Pretty fair mostly. I keep checking back in the thread hoping we've moved back to the actual show.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:54 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
And I'm really impressed with the career Timothy Olyphant has put together

He parlayed low budget junk like Hitman into Deadwood, then Justified, until finally he's doing Tarantino movies and the Mandalorian... not too shabby
Is he going to be in on Rangers or anything else we've heard about in the Star Wars universe? He has been one of my favorite TV show actors since Deadwood.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:57 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I vastly enjoy watching Carano in that role than when Hollywood casts a 100 lb actress who throws around 250 lb actors like ragdolls. With Gina it always felt legit.
Right? her arms and legs are bigger than a lot of men
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:01 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Is he going to be in on Rangers or anything else we've heard about in the Star Wars universe? He has been one of my favorite TV show actors since Deadwood.
I honestly don't know, that'd be a good question for Dane

But yeah, Deadwood really put him on the map
[Reply]
notorious 10:35 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
**** Gina Carano. **** Disney. **** you. **** me.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:49 AM 02-13-2021

He parlayed low budget junk like Hitman into Deadwood, then Justified, until finally he's doing Tarantino movies and the Mandalorian... not too shabby
I still remember the first time I saw him in anything was Todd the drug dealer in ‘Go’. He was magnetic
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:41 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I don’t know shit about anything but the dork videos I watched said he was a fairly prominent character in the EU. There is a lot to work with if they decide to go that way and he’s onboard.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:12 PM 02-13-2021

Olyphant is one of my favorite actors working right now and he was fantastic, if not amazing, in Justified. I'd love to see more Cobb Vanth in the Star Wars Universe, whether it's on the Mandalorian or one of the other series set post-Return of the Jedi.

But the dude is a Vanderbilt. He didn't have to parlay or "fight" for anything. He was born wealthy, handsome and with privilege.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:21 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I still remember the first time I saw him in anything was Todd the drug dealer in ‘Go’. He was magnetic
The first thing I remember seeing him in was an HBO World War 2 movie called When Trumpets Fade. He had a small role - a young lieutenant who loses his shit when his platoon gets wiped out. He was so memorable and intense that I actually remembered him when I saw him in later roles; normally that's not the case.

Check the 8:00 mark. And the movie overall is very good, but it is dark and fucked up.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:59 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
But the dude is a Vanderbilt. He didn't have to parlay or "fight" for anything. He was born wealthy, handsome and with privilege.
:-)

I knew there was something I hated about him.

Originally Posted by :
Olyphant is a descendant of the Vanderbilt family of New York. His paternal fourth great-grandfather was family patriarch Cornelius Vanderbilt; his third great-grandfather was William Henry Vanderbilt, who doubled the family's railroad fortune; his great-grandmother was socialite Emily Vanderbilt Sloane

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:01 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

I knew there was something I hated about him.
FYI, the Vanderbilt's still receive money for building those railroads.

I've met a few in New York and suffice to say, they're assholes. Not "DaneMcCloud internet forum assholes" but "You're a worthless pissant because I'm a trust fund Vanderbilt kid" type of asshole, which to me, are the worst kind.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:04 PM 02-13-2021
That explains why he's 52 and looks 35, also.

Man, rich people SUCK :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:23 PM 02-13-2021
Huh. Didn’t know about the Vanderbilt stuff.

I guess that makes his down home acting in Justified all that much better LOL.

I haven’t ever heard of him being a choad like Cruise or anything. Doesn’t really change much in the way I view him.

Dane have you heard anything about him being an asshole?
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:27 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Olyphant is one of my favorite actors working right now and he was fantastic, if not amazing, in Justified. I'd love to see more Cobb Vanth in the Star Wars Universe, whether it's on the Mandalorian or one of the other series set post-Return of the Jedi.

Didn't know that about him, and yes it always takes a bit of shine off people when you know they were set for life whether they "made it" or not like Taylor Swift etc

People like that don't have to risk anything

That said he's an outstanding actor anyway, even his voice is very distinctive... I knew exactly who it was long before he even took off the helmet

On a side note I'm worried about his health though, he was sooo skinny in Mando, looked like a 90 pound sack of skin and bones
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:40 PM 02-13-2021
That said he's an outstanding actor anyway, even his voice is very distinctive... I knew exactly who it was long before he even took off the helmet
100% in agreement.

He's a phenomenal actor, whether it's his own show in Justified or in Once Upon A Time in Hollywood or the Netflix program with Drew Barrymore.

The dude has the "It" factor.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 153
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131 > Last »
Up