Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
but not so bad to be Stallone's worst
Cobra.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:16 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Cobra.
Cobra had its moments:

Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!

Marion Cobretti: Go ahead. I don't shop here.

:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 03:18 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Folks need to lay off clowning on Cage. Come on , during the 90s he was flat out AWESOME. I see some posters on here ripping/making fun of Face/Off & Con Air..are you shitting me??!?! I sincerely wish action films were that good these days. Those two films were so damn badass (esp thanks to Cage) . Ditto on The Rock too .
And kudos to his acting in Leaving Las Vegas , Adaption too .
I would like to do that someday. Leaving Las Vegas. Just liquidate my assets. Drink myself to death in Las Vegas and see how long I last. Would be fun.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:22 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Folks need to lay off clowning on Cage. Come on , during the 90s he was flat out AWESOME. I see some posters on here ripping/making fun of Face/Off & Con Air..are you shitting me??!?! I sincerely wish action films were that good these days. Those two films were so damn badass (esp thanks to Cage) . Ditto on The Rock too .
And kudos to his acting in Leaving Las Vegas , Adaption too .
I like Face/Off. But there's no denying that was classic Cage scenery-chewing
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:37 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I like Face/Off. But there's no denying that was classic Cage scenery-chewing
Most of his films are exactly that.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:07 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Most of his films are exactly that.
He was awesome in Lord of War - far and away his best movie and one of my favorites. I've liked him in a handful of other flicks (Knowing, Guarding Tess, National Treasure), but mostly he's annoying.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:14 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He was awesome in Lord of War - far and away his best movie and one of my favorites. I've liked him in a handful of other flicks (Knowing, Guarding Tess, National Treasure), but mostly he's annoying.
I'm actually a fan, even in his dopiest movies.

I don't think I'd go out of my to buy a ticket these days but on a Premium channel, sure.

He's usually funny, although it's not in the script.

[Reply]
Gonzo 11:38 PM 08-30-2017
Leaving Las Vegas is probably Cage's greatest role, IMO.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:02 AM 08-31-2017
zandalee :-) :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:38 AM 08-31-2017
A couple more turds that should have everyone involved banned from the film industry....Little Nicky and Love Guru....master of Disguise too
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:50 AM 08-31-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
A couple more turds that should have everyone involved banned from the film industry....Little Nicky and Love Guru....master of Disguise too
How bad is The Love Guru?

Is there a mood or 'state of mind' you can be in where there's a laugh or two? Or is it a total loss.

Shows like Master of Disguise and Freddy Got Fingered never appealed to me for a moment, but I often thought that if I sat down in the right frame of mind I'd find something in TLG to chuckle at, if only for the absurdity. Maybe it was that 5 seconds of Timberlake with the jockey shorts and the russian accent I saw on a movie review show that made me think there were funny parts.

That reminds me, and I may have a NEW nomination to replace one of my initial choices.

NOTHING BUT TROUBLE.

Ooofah, now that is a horrible movie on both an expectations scale, and an absolute scale. I watched that mad at myself for what I was doing to my eyes.

[Reply]
notorious 08:02 AM 08-31-2017
Cobra had its moments:

Supermarket Killer: I got a bomb here! I'll kill her! I'll blow this whole place up!

Great line.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:30 AM 08-31-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
How bad is The Love Guru?

Is there a mood or 'state of mind' you can be in where there's a laugh or two? Or is it a total loss.

Shows like Master of Disguise and Freddy Got Fingered never appealed to me for a moment, but I often thought that if I sat down in the right frame of mind I'd find something in TLG to chuckle at, if only for the absurdity. Maybe it was that 5 seconds of Timberlake with the jockey shorts and the russian accent I saw on a movie review show that made me think there were funny parts.

That reminds me, and I may have a NEW nomination to replace one of my initial choices.

NOTHING BUT TROUBLE.

Ooofah, now that is a horrible movie on both an expectations scale, and an absolute scale. I watched that mad at myself for what I was doing to my eyes.

I'm one of the few people that actually likes this movie. :-)

"Come on and fix yourself up a couple of dogs."

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:35 AM 08-31-2017
Cobra had its moments:

Used to love that movie when I was a kid, it didn't age well. I think the killer was Buffalo Bob in Joe Dirt.
[Reply]
In58men 08:56 AM 08-31-2017
Speed

"WE GOT OUR SCUMBAG"!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Up