ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 66
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine
Simply Red 09:38 AM 03-29-2018
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:07 PM 03-31-2018
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Just casually browsing this thread; it seems a lot of you guys just need to find a certified nutrition expert...
Fuck that. Just cut calories and exercise more.

It's not rocket science. JFC.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:28 PM 03-31-2018
Just casually browsing this thread; it seems a lot of you guys just need to find a certified nutrition expert...

There's a lot of misinformation going on here...

But yeah hope for the best and prepare for the worst, keep grinding guys

I know what works for me - that's what my focus is on. I'll chose wisely with whom I pluck addition tips from. For example - I do NOT need Arby's.
[Reply]
Delano 09:54 AM 04-01-2018

There's a lot of misinformation going on here...

But yeah hope for the best and prepare for the worst, keep grinding guys
Nutritionists are for people with other health issues. If you're young and healthy it's pretty basic.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:44 PM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Fuck that. Just cut calories and exercise more.

It's not rocket science. JFC.
:-) Exactly and splurging is fine in moderation. There's no joy in having an Ethiopian diet.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:49 PM 04-01-2018
I'm very strict right now - looking for results ASAP. Getting small ones already.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:51 PM 04-01-2018
Firmer boners and clean breaks
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:56 PM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Firmer boners and clean breaks
yeah the breaks will be nice, they're coming along nicely - or should I say 'leaving' nicely...?
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:10 PM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again
just saw this thread. Good one. I have been on the life changing calorie counting regimen for almost a year and a half now.

Less than 150 carbs, less than 50 fat, 25 or more fiber and 100 or more protein.

Almost every morning for that time, Multi grain lite 100 english muffin with one slice of turkey bacon and an egg. 266 calories with a small pat of butter.
26 carbs, 15 fat, 14 protein, 8 fiber

Lunch, almost every day, 4 ounces of lean turkey breast, 1 tbsp lite miracle whip, 2 slices of Natures own whole grain whole wheat bread. 1 oikos triple zero yogurt
335 calories, 41 carbs, 4 fat, 41 protein, 10 fiber.

Believe it or not, I still enjoy both of those meals every day and don't get tired of them after several hundred times in a row! If I am going somewhere, I pack my lunch.

Then for supper, I varies between chicken breast, salmon, steak, pork rotated and cooked in varying ways. Boiled shrimp are almost free.

I eat black beans more days than I don't along with extra long grain brown rice and tons of veggies.

No potatoes, enriched pasta or dairy. I do eat whole wheat, whole grain pasta.

I keep track of it all on Sparkpeople.com. Almost anything you can buy already has all the nutrition entered.

Hope it helps, it has worked for me so far after nothing else did at my age. Alcohol kills the whole deal though, I am a witness to that.
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:15 PM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
You're exaggerating the beer calories a little bit. A lite beer is roughly 103 calories. But good beer like an IPA you mentioned is much closer to 200 than 300 cals.

A few examples:

60 minute IPA: 209 cals
Lagunitas IPA: 180 cals
Sierra Nevada: 200 cals

Now imperial stouts are in the 300 calories range. Typically the higher the ABV, the higher the calorie total for beer.
Yep, Boulevard Wheat is 138 calories IIrc so I don't buy it much anymore. Miller Lite is less than 100 but it is almost not worth it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:07 PM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
just saw this thread. Good one. I have been on the life changing calorie counting regimen for almost a year and a half now.

Less than 150 carbs, less than 50 fat, 25 or more fiber and 100 or more protein.

Almost every morning for that time, Multi grain lite 100 english muffin with one slice of turkey bacon and an egg. 266 calories with a small pat of butter.

Lunch, almost every day, 4 ounces of lean turkey breast, 1 tbsp lite miracle whip, 2 slices of Natures own whole grain whole wheat bread. 1 oikos triple zero yogurt

Believe it or not, I still enjoy both of those meals every day and don't get tired of them after several hundred times in a row! If I am going somewhere, I pack my lunch.

Then for supper, I varies between chicken breast, salmon, steak, pork rotated and cooked in varying ways. Boiled shrimp are almost free.

I eat black beans more days than I don't along with extra long grain brown rice and tons of veggies.

I keep track of it all on Sparkpeople.com. Almost anything you can buy already has all the nutrition entered.

Hope it helps, it has worked for me so far after nothing else did at my age. Alcohol kills the whole deal though, I am a witness to that.

Welcome - take a seat over there - listen to everyone except for PGM. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:28 PM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by HemiEd:

well done. Congrats!
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:34 PM 04-01-2018
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
You're exaggerating the beer calories a little bit. A lite beer is roughly 103 calories. But good beer like an IPA you mentioned is much closer to 200 than 300 cals.

A few examples:

60 minute IPA: 209 cals
Lagunitas IPA: 180 cals
Sierra Nevada: 200 cals

Now imperial stouts are in the 300 calories range. Typically the higher the ABV, the higher the calorie total for beer.
no , actually i am not. the amounts you listed are for a 12 oz bottle. notice I said pint, which is 16-20 oz. it makes a difference. A full 16 oz pint of IPA is way more than 209...even some 12 oz IPA's are...

a 6 pack of good IPA in 12 oz bottles can easily be around 1500 calories

Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
one pint of beer is 300 calories ...

a six pack of good IPA (12 oz bottles) is like 1500 calories
Im not talking about lite beer ...I'm talking about beers I drink....which tend to be around 250 calories for a 12 oz and around 300 a pint

even if a pint of Little Sumpin' was like 275 , I would rather be conservative and figure a little more....etc
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:01 PM 04-01-2018
Beer will trash any diet, sorry to say.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 03:07 PM 04-01-2018
So sad and true
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:10 PM 04-01-2018
yeah...unfortunate but true

even if i over-estimate the number of calories, like 300 per pint and i drink two pints of beer that were only like 265 per pint...i never seem to lose any weight the next day, i seem to gain a pound by drinking 2 beers, and still hitting my cut number..... which makes zero sense to me....

I know it must be all in my head but I feel beer is the very worst calories for me personally.

I have had better luck getting a buzz with wine, unsweetened hard cider (gluten free local cider, not crap like angry orchard sweetened garbage)....or even whisky/vodka and sugar free soda or sparkling water.

I enjoy getting my buzz on , and I love Ale so it pains me but I basically cant drink beer any more...Ugh..

edit: Some nice things about gluten free, unsweetened hard cider are:

1) they tend to be lower calories for the alcohol you get...a 12 oz of hard cider is usually less than a 12 oz of good IPA, and

2) they usually pack 1-2% more ABV

3) no gluten , lower glycemic index

4) no corn sugar.....which is present in not all beers but some.

full disclosure: I am thinking about/ actively working on opening a cidery...so this is possibly a biased / shameless plug
[Reply]
Page 13 of 66
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up