ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 113 of 141
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Missing Planeteers
Buck 09:51 PM 06-09-2016
Who are some CPers that you miss that aren't confirmed dead, but probably are?

The obvious ones are FAX, Skip Towne, and Mr Blond.

Who else?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:30 PM 07-18-2023
Dogpiss
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:06 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

@FAX
Account suspended
can you read his history? He got pretty radical with the politics and pro-trump stuff. Definitely could see him getting suspended.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:07 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
I hadn’t thought of it like that, but it does sum up his legacy here.
Dane at his worst was his baseline.

He's been gone for years and is dead now, so there's no reason to bag on him any further than that.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:18 PM 07-18-2023
Gonna pour one out for Skip tonight.

RIP man, you were a titan of this place.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:09 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Dane at his worst was his baseline.

He's been gone for years and is dead now, so there's no reason to bag on him any further than that.
Yeah, it definitely reached a point where he was over the line of hazing and well into just being being an abusive asshole as far as I was concerned. I hope his leaving this place behind allowed him to level out some what.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:56 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This.

Skip Towne was kinda the God Father of Chiefsplanet "**** you" culture.

I was thinking the same thing. If you were new and Skip was around, he would would put some of them to the test. Only the strong survived. :-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:26 AM 07-19-2023
I always enjoyed Skip. He was a grouchy old shit sometimes, but I always took it that he didn't intend it to be "mean". He definitely had a gift for welcoming new people to the planet.
[Reply]
luv 07:40 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bwana:
No kidding? He was kicking when I ran him down, but that was at least two years ago.

Edit: Well hell, you're right, on March 24th of this year.
Do we need to start an RIP thread for him that can later be moved to the In Memoriam forum? By "we," I mean someone who may have actually known him?
[Reply]
Bwana 08:11 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by luv:
Do we need to start an RIP thread for him that can later be moved to the In Memoriam forum? By "we," I mean someone who may have actually known him?

I mean, sure. With that said, I'm not sure if anyone around here knew him that well.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:17 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I always enjoyed Skip. He was a grouchy old shit sometimes, but I always took it that he didn't intend it to be "mean". He definitely had a gift for welcoming new people to the planet.
I had twice the amount of run-ins with Skip than just about anyone on this board. I enjoyed giving him shit about his age and his grouchiness, and he liked to give me grief about, well, everything :-)

I had a healthy respect for that grouchy, old codger. He always made this Board interesting :-)
[Reply]
wazu 08:19 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I had twice the amount of run-ins with Skip than just about anyone on this board. I enjoyed giving him shit about his age and his grouchiness, and he liked to give me grief about, well, everything :-)

I had a healthy respect for that grouchy, old codger. He always made this Board interesting :-)
How did you learn of his death?
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:21 AM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Honestly, if it was March 24th of this year, then I had it wrong. We were doing some sleuthing on this board some time ago, and I thought we had determined he had passed several years ago. So, it looks like I was both right and wrong
[Reply]
DaFace 05:12 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
I didn't find anything until it was pointed out here, but I've kinda sorta tried to find evidence that he was still alive off and on for years. He kept his online presence pretty small, but I did know his real name. After seeing it here, I Googled his name and obituary and found the March 24th date shared here.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:15 PM 07-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I was thinking the same thing. If you were new and Skip was around, he would would put some of them to the test. Only the strong survived. :-)
I'd have to check, but im pretty sure some of my very first negs were from skip.

That's how i was greeted on CP. With a freakin' bombardment of negs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:39 PM 07-19-2023
:-) I remember the good old days when rep was actually serious business.

Folks would get theirs bottomed out from rep bombing and there'd be freakout posts in the lounge for days.
[Reply]
Page 113 of 141
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123 > Last »
Up